Sponsored

Going in today to get the metallic trashbag in the wind sound looked at...

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
So I have a an appt today at Koons Ford in Va to get my 350 checked about the metallic trashbag in the wind sound at 4K rpm today. As others said, happens when its warmed up, starts at 3800 and at 4K in 3rd gear....its....ffffftftftft....ftttttttt....windows up, you cant hear it. Windows down, and next to a barrier (which we have lots of here in DC region) its very audible and annoying. I will tell my service writer, Janet, to tell the tech to look at the flex plate...and add some lead tape or something to it if noting loose is found.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
On my AG R, I had the sound and it went away. It used to be in the high 3k to low 4k RPM range. Good luck figuring it out.

OP
OP
DCShelby

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
I will have them go through and tighten all the exhaust heat shields and clamps and whatnot..Maybe when I had my engine replaced they had to loosen some things up. IF I could I would add the dynamatt or leadtape myself...but I don't have access to a lift and the condo Nazis would rat me out if I jacked it up in the garage and started to mess with it. Hopefully that changes in August or September if I retire and move pout, to a house with multiple stall garage. BUT, given the tweets and tariffs wars from you know who, driving down some of my investments..may have a wait a bit.

Zeromaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Warm is up first so you can pull in and show them where the sound is coming from before you even hand it over to them

Sponsored

OP
OP
DCShelby

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Given the shitty traffic in DC, it will be plenty warm before I get to the dealer.

OP
OP
DCShelby

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
They found some sort of push pin clip or something thst was loose and tightened it. The sound is still there but it’s reduced. So I will either go to a buds house and raise the car and use some dynamatt on the flex plate, or wait till an oil change and bring the dynamatt with me and have the dealer put it on. I can’t reach that far in to get it on without raising one side of the car. A stereo shop in Va sells dynamatt about 15 miles away. I’m off to the Northwoods of minnesota in a few days so I’ll mess with it when I get back. Plus I want to go flog the Panigale today as it’s nice out for a change and not 95 degrees with 80 percent humidity. It’s the first Italian bike that I’ve not had a single issue with, which is pretty amazing.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I had a flap flap sound and discovered it to be the label from the driveshaft came loose and was beating against the trans tunnel heat shield/sound mat. Pulled the label completely off and the sound disappeared. It actually beat a small hole through the aluminum reflecting material.
Difference is I noticed it at low speed and was more of a thrum at highway speeds.

OP
OP
DCShelby

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
I’ll check that too.
Sponsored