Sponsored

GM announced Corvette will be going “fully electric”

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
This could happen as soon as next year…. So for the hard core V8 Vette Enthuisasts, is this the end of the Corvette as we all know it today?

Official Post:
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/mark...=linkedin_share&utm_medium=member_desktop_web

News carry over:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/25/business/electric-hybrid-corvette/index.html

——

It’s coming to the “original” Mustang soon, you all know Ford will follow…. Could you drive a “muscle” or “sports car” that has a V8 Heritage with absolutely NO exhaust sound or rumble, but just does a “zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz” buzzzzz noise going down the road?

Maybe this is why the car market is bonkers - everyone wants ICE power before ICE is the soon to be minority in future vehicle power.
Sponsored

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Most Corvette owners are 70+ and drive 20 under the speed limit, so I doubt they'll care all that much about what powers it. As long as it has those flags on the hood

Personally I have zero interest in an electric car. I could give a fuck if its faster. Its a soulless appliance and I'll take no part in it.

If others want one more power to you, but don't force that crap on me.

Lightsaber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Evo X 5MT
The CNN title is misleading. It seems that GM is planning to build a Corvette with a mild hybrid drive (i.e. adding a mild electric motor). German luxury automakers have been doing this for a while.

Gasoline cars already have a mild hybrid drive which is the starter. An automaker can just make the starter slightly more powerful and add some widgets, thus the car becomes "electrified," so to speak using the buzzword.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I once drove a Volt when they came out, just for giggles. It was like driving an air conditioned golf cart. An electric sports car would definitely be missing something to me.

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
They better start building more nuclear plants......

Can't wait to see KWH rates in 10 years from now.
Sponsored