Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Everyone talking about screen sizes. My monitor is I think in the high 20 inch range. My TV is 46 inch. Just not our thing I guess. Everyone I know has 60+ inch TV's but the wife and I are completely happy with our 12 year old 46er lol. Crazy that I see sizes slightly bigger that would fill out the space better at only $500ish. Like I said, just not our thing I guess.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I've been eyeing the 80 inchers in the 1500 range. Maybe Christmas.
I don't have a place for a TV that huge haha! My house has huge space for kitchen. dining, and master bedroom but rather small guest and living/entertainment rooms. Garage would also be considered tiny except it's a "2 car" that only houses the mustang. I think the biggest TV that will fit in the alcove about the fireplace is high 50 inch, maybe 60 tops. My brother has a massive TV that owns a wall and faces down toward the couch that looks way too close. We all like what we like lol.

Sponsored

ZM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The series X is great.. I’ve always wanted to build a pc but seems like a console has always been the way to go vs building a pc that probably costs 3x the price of a console.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
These all describe what was happening at first:
https://www.google.com/search?q=3080+limp+mode
https://www.google.com/search?q=3080+low+gpu+usage
https://www.google.com/search?q=3080+high+framerate+and+locked+fps"

Pre DDU:

Post DDU:

My monitor also flickers for a few seconds after the computer wakes up.
What's your RAM and its speed? The ryzen chips rely on infinity fabric to get good speeds, the zen 2 more so than the zen 3. When I had my 3800x my XMP for my RAM didn't play nice and my bios would reset randomly every so often. The lower ram speed would cause the annoying hitching you're experiencing. Whenever it would happen to me I'd boot up cpuz and, sure enough, ram speed reset. The first result of the second link you posted has a similar fix.

Beyond that I'd make sure you're using the newest set of GPU drivers and maybe do a fresh clean up of any old drivers. Then maybe try changing pre rendered frames to 1 and try setting your power mode to maximum performance instead of optimal.

Milktasd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 cobra, 2000 Sonoma LSx, 2021 velocity blue gt
I used to play Xbox, but have transitioned to pc to play vr games. Pretty fun to feel like you are in the game. Have a dell gaming pc and oculus quest 2. Currently playing the original half life

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
What's your RAM and its speed? The ryzen chips rely on infinity fabric to get good speeds, the zen 2 more so than the zen 3. When I had my 3800x my XMP for my RAM didn't play nice and my bios would reset randomly every so often. The lower ram speed would cause the annoying hitching you're experiencing. Whenever it would happen to me I'd boot up cpuz and, sure enough, ram speed reset. The first result of the second link you posted has a similar fix.

Beyond that I'd make sure you're using the newest set of GPU drivers and maybe do a fresh clean up of any old drivers. Then maybe try changing pre rendered frames to 1 and try setting your power mode to maximum performance instead of optimal.
I'm using 4 sticks of G.Skill 3600 CL 16 at the XMP frequency. My 3080 stopped going into "limp mode" after I used DDU to do a clean driver install, so the first 3 Google searches don't really apply anymore.

Sponsored

ZM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Series X is a hell of a machine. Certainly the best deal in gaming, especially with Gamepass. Right now pricing is bonkers, so the cost argument is hard to make. You can spend three times the price of an Xbox...on an Xbox right now.
Yea true.. I was fortunate enough to have my lady be working at home and preorder one for me when they first released haha but besides that, building a decent pc to run all games well has to be pretty costly though?

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Pre-covid, not really. With pandemic pricing and the new consoles raising the price/performance bar, yes. Once pricing settles, and the next generation of graphics cards comes out, it'll be 'No' again.

New console generations always have good value, but that diminishes as new tech comes out (they also sell that performance at or close to a loss). Right now the Series X is solidly mid-tier in terms of PC hardware. In two years it will be equivalent to low to mid-level gaming machines. You'll be able to buy a pre-built gaming rig for within spitting distance of a Series X in terms of both cost and performance.

Keep in mind that the gaming rig will also do all the things beyond gaming, in addition to having an upgrade path. Storage aside, the Xbox isn't upgradable.

It used to be that building a rig was the most cost effective. Now, pre-builts offer better value. Custom PC's are more about the hobby and chasing bleeding edge performance these days. This rig is mine, there are NONE like it, and this one is mine...
Sounds like a pretty great machine. What are your top 3 go to games?

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I use a 70" actually...

I also use M&K, or an Xbox Series controller. The Steam controller is a cheapo piece of garbage. Trust me, I have two of them (paid $7 each!).
Damn thats badass, I'm planning on doing the same eventually with my setup.

I'm suprised honestly idk if it's bad luck or what but my my Xbox Series controllers are trash. I got the expensive diamond one and it started fall apart in like 3 months. And my other one is super annoying because it randomly will disconnect for a second while playing and it doesn't charge properly.

I've always had Playstation but my friend convinced me to get the Xbox Series X or whatever was the Xbox's version of the PS4 pro. Never had problems with Playstation controllers, I used to use my PS3 controller to play Devil May Cry and Resident Evil.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Damn thats badass, I'm planning on doing the same eventually with my setup.

I'm suprised honestly idk if it's bad luck or what but my my Xbox Series controllers are trash. I got the expensive diamond one and it started fall apart in like 3 months. And my other one is super annoying because it randomly will disconnect for a second while playing and it doesn't charge properly.

I've always had Playstation but my friend convinced me to get the Xbox Series X or whatever was the Xbox's version of the PS4 pro. Never had problems with Playstation controllers, I used to use my PS3 controller to play Devil May Cry and Resident Evil.
I'm using the last generation of the xbox one controller and it's been great. It's survived my abuse through sekiro without a hitch. Well, that's a lie. One of the wires got stuck in the right bumper so I had to take it apart and move it back in place. But it's been fine since. Maybe try snagging one of those.
Sponsored