Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah, the software is way more compatible, for the PS3 I had to download some software and do extra stuff to get it to work, basically had to tell windows to recognize the PS3 controller as an Xbox one 🤣 You dont have to do anything like that since its all Windows.

So you didn't have to buy a rechargeable battery pack or anything? Definitely will get one then. I really liked the reinforced rubber on the Xbox One X diamond controller for the extra grip. Just checked out that website, thats actually really cool. I just checked the prices and regular controller go for ~$60, so the $70 price isn't a that much of a price hike, I might get one 😍

Btw what's up with the Dual Sense? I haven't looked into it because I stopped looking into getting a PS5. I see people bitching about it or talking about it. Is it supposed to be like SIxaxis for the PS3? Sixaxis was dumb as hell.
The xbox one has a wired charging version. I can plug in batteries and use bluetooth if I want but the controller works just without batteries and plugged in. I stay away from the gimmicky controllers. Nothing but bad experiences.
Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Te...kes-chip-prices-up-to-20-amid-supply-shortage

My buddy just told me about this announcement. TSMC, the main supplier for GPUs and other electronics is going to raise up the price for their parts. If you were on the fence about getting a new GPU, now is the time to get it because prices will only go up and will continue into next year.

I got lucky and had just bent over and bought all of my parts a few days ago. Now is the time to do it while their still is some lube left, soon it will be gone and you'll just have to take it raw 😬

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Te...kes-chip-prices-up-to-20-amid-supply-shortage

My buddy just told me about this announcement. TSMC, the main supplier for GPUs and other electronics is going to raise up the price for their parts. If you were on the fence about getting a new GPU, now is the time to get it because prices will only go up and will continue into next year.

I got lucky and had just bent over and bought all of my parts a few days ago. Now is the time to do it while their still is some lube left, soon it will be gone and you'll just have to take it raw 😬
Best buy is also doing an in store only run of rtx 3000 cards. Super tempting but my 2080 isn't disappointing me so part of me just wants to wait for the 4000 series. The dilemma of upgrading

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Best buy is also doing an in store only run of rtx 3000 cards. Super tempting but my 2080 isn't disappointing me so part of me just wants to wait for the 4000 series. The dilemma of upgrading
Yeah I saw an article that said Best Buy has a massive stock of the RTX 3000s. Pretty crazy, seems like it will be a free for all lol. Not sure if they are offering MSRP, I know online they arent.. Yeah its not worth upgrading, might be worth sitting out the storm unless you can get one for MSRP. I only have a pathetic 860M so I am extremely underpowered. I am starting from scratch so Im going all out with my build.

Not really worth upgrading imo especially considering your are getting ripped off on the pricing. I don't see myself upgrading when the next generation of GPUs come out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
They got something like 17,000 across all SKU's, going only to select stores. They are selling at MSRP, but I guarantee they are all gone by now. They were taking down names in the morning before the store opened, first come, first serve. They're pretty organized about it actually.
They were running it like how they do most console releases.

Yeah I saw an article that said Best Buy has a massive stock of the RTX 3000s. Pretty crazy, seems like it will be a free for all lol. Not sure if they are offering MSRP. Yeah its not worth upgrading, might be worth sitting out the storm. I only have a pathetic 860M so I am extremely underpowered. I am starting from scratch so Im going all out with my build.

Not really worth upgrading imo especially considering your are getting ripped off on the pricing. I don't see myself upgrading when the next generation of GPUs come out.
I usually don't but when I saw the best buy article I became tempted. Although the odds of them being in stock when I get off of work are slim to none. Best buy is actually one of the best bets for getting parts at msrp. It's actually a bit ironic.

But I agree with you both. The next gpu generation is supposed to be a big jump. Double so for AMDs RDNA 3. I'm just glad AMD finally stirred the pot a bit. Intel and nvidia were getting way too complacent and greedy with their releases. I made the switch to an AMD cpu and won't be surprised if I make the jump to a radeon card. My only hesitation is that I've always had issues with Radeon drivers when nvidia has never really caused me any headache.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I currently have these cards:

R9 Fury
RX560
GTX 1070
5700XT
6900XT

Only the 1070 has ever given me trouble with drivers, and that was an audio issue. The RX560 was happy to do HDMI audio pass-through to the soundbar hooked up to the TV. Swap to a the more powerful 1070, and it absolutely refuses. Wound up needing a dedicated sound card to get things working the way they did with the RX560 out of the box.

The R9 Fury is a beast, and I'm going to frame it at some point :cwl:
Funny how that works. Granted I skipped that generation (970 to 2080) but it's been smooth. Every radeon I've owned had corruption issues and crashed quite often.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Here is my work/gaming setup. My buddy and I do split screen Rocket League on the two 34" monitors and Twitch stream it while using the 4k TV to view the stream. 6880x1440 at 75hz is glorious.

20210104_003918502_iOS.jpg

Hidden behind the right monitor is my workstation:
MSI MEG ACE x590
AMD 3950x (16 core)
128GB Trident Z Royal Ram
NVIDIA RTX 3090
2tb PCIE 4 SSD
512gb M.2 SSD
2x 1tb Sata SSD's
EVGA 1000w T2 (titanium rated)
Phanteks Etho Evolve Case

Here is my brand new expensive ass Razer laptop. I normally buy MSI laptops but my last two have had really crappy hinges and were replaced thanks to my geek squad warranty. This is a 14" laptop and it is badass.. Easily the nicest laptop I have ever owned but it should be for just north of $3k..
AMD 5900hx (8 core)
16GB Ram (non upgradable)
NVIDIA 100w RTX 3080
1tb SSD
2560x1440 165hz screen.

20210826_163947277_iOS.jpg

My boxes mine Ether when not in use just so I can justify the high cost :) The 3090 has already paid itself off.

I also have a 2014 5k 27" iMac, 2020 4k 21" iMac, an M1 Macbook Air and a Raspberry Pi.

The Pi is setup for retro gaming. The Mac's are occasionally used to stream games from Xbox Cloud Gaming.

I also have an Xbox one, an Xbox Series X, and an Xbox 360... Probably have 20 controllers for the One and the Series X.

Last edited:

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I just checked the price of an RTX 2080 card. :surprised:
You can find me rolling in the dirt to cover my peasant ass with grime whilst I relegate back to my lowly Xbox One.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Nice! How quickly did things sell out?
3080's were the first to go about 20 people ahead of me. The tickets they hand out correspond to a physical card, that way everyone understands what they're getting. 3070Ti's went shortly after, I got #17 of 18, with the guy behind me getting the last one. Then probably another 50-60 people were able to get something, there were a few regular 3070's, 34 3060Ti's, and some 3080Ti's and 3090's. In all there were supposedly 166 cards. There were at least 2-300 people in line wrapped around the building by the time the ticket man came to give people golden tickets, so a lot of people left disappointed. I did notice though that at the end they had one 3090 ticket left that nobody wanted to claim, probably because it was too expensive and the flip potential isn't as good as the other cards.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The "nobody wanted to claim" effect is how I wound up with a 5950X and a 6900XT. I went in for a 5900X, and left with the 5950X because they were out of the cheaper processor. Same thing with the 6900XT. Wanted a 6800XT, but "settled" for the more powerful card :giggle:
If you have the money it's a no brainer really given the current situation. Although I'm happy I was able to get the performance level I wanted at MSRP. The 3080 was my go to, but the 3070Ti is pretty good. It has the new GDDR6X memory which is neat.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Just out of curiosity, does anyone else have a 5600x + a 30 series GPU? And do you run into any quirks when playing games?
3700x and 3070ti here, smooth as balls... if they were really smooth and not wrinkly.

Are there still run's on 30 cards? I just strolled into my local Microcenter and bought mine, and I had a few others to pick from. I coudl have had a 3080 Ti or 3090 but I just didnt see them as worth the HUNDREDS more than the 3070Ti for the performance gain on them. it was 50% more for the 3080Ti and its only like 15% faster.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
If you have the money it's a no brainer really given the current situation. Although I'm happy I was able to get the performance level I wanted at MSRP. The 3080 was my go to, but the 3070Ti is pretty good. It has the new GDDR6X memory which is neat.
The bandwidth is nice but I think the low capacity is going to cause problems in a few years.
Sponsored