Sponsored

GLOC Brake Pads, Brake Fluid and Brake Line Group Buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Hey guys I'm offering an all inclusive brake pad kit for you all.

The components include:
RT700 fluid:
This is hands down the best brake fluid I have ever used. Harder pedal feel, zero fade and long lasting. I've tested it on personal cars as well as customer cars and we've been able to do 10+ track days without any bleeding or flushing.

GLOC Brake Pads:
GLOC is a newer company who's owners initially worked for Carbotech. Pads are better and prices are lower. I have personally tested these and they are simply fantastic.

Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines:
These are premium DOT ss lines that are fully coated and include brackets to make for an easy install. These combined with Torque RT700 will give you a supreme pedal feel

These are the options listed below, if you'd like a different pad combination just let me know and you will get the same discount!

Option 1 (Street Kit)
GLOC GS1 Street pads front and rear
3 bottles of Torque RT700
Spiegler SS Brake Lines
Retail: $807
GB: $780 shipped

Option 2 (Autocross)
GLOC R6 front and R6 rear
Spiegler SS Brake Lines
Retail: $840
GB: $813 shipped

Option 3 (HPDE Intermediate)
GLOC R14 front and R12 rear
Spiegler SS Brake Lines
Retail: $922
GB: $893 shipped

Option 4 (HPDE Advanced)
GLOC R16 front and R14 rear
Spiegler SS Brake Lines
Retail: $940
GB: $909 shipped

Add: 410 to options 2-4 to add front and rear GLOC street pads.

The orders will close July 15th and take 1-2 weeks to get to you

Full payment is necessary to lock in your order. There will be a minimum of 10 orders needed to get this pricing.

Thank you!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
What are is my best option for pads if I do 2 or 3 hpdes per year, intermediate level, and the rest of the time is street driving

OP
OP
Anthony@HTM

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Intermediate then

You'd want to get the street pad option as well so that you can swap pads without having to bed them each time.

What are is my best option for pads if I do 2 or 3 hpdes per year, intermediate level, and the rest of the time is street driving

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
IMO think the factory setup is fine for 2-3 HPDE's per year. I had repeated 140 to 50 braking events within a couple of hundred feet and never experienced fade or excessive wear.

I understand trying to get optimal performance but sometimes question if the upgrades are needed until at least being capable of wringing the most from the factory setup.

Sponsored

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
IMO think the factory setup is fine for 2-3 HPDE's per year. I had repeated 140 to 50 braking events within a couple of hundred feet and never experienced fade or excessive wear.

I understand trying to get optimal performance but sometimes question if the upgrades are needed until at least being capable of wringing the most from the factory setup.
This is only for after I wear out the oem set, I agree with you no reason to upgrade unless it's needed, but I always like to upgrade consumables after I use them, just like after my pilot super sports are done, cup 2s are going on

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
This is only for after I wear out the oem set, I agree with you no reason to upgrade unless it's needed, but I always like to upgrade consumables after I use them, just like after my pilot super sports are done, cup 2s are going on
Gotcha, good strategy. Talking with the autocross group they swear by Bridgestone R71's but not sure if they have available factory 350 sizes. I'm a long way off from replacing tires.

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
Talking with the autocross group they swear by Bridgestone R71's but not sure if they have available factory 350 sizes.
305/30/19 is slated to be available 8/1/16

Back on topic; I'm not interested in fluid or lines. I could be swayed on a set of pads. R12/R10? Wanna PM me Anthony?

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
I have run Raybestos ST45/43 on my GT500 previously. Which of your pads would be most comparable, and how would they differ from the Raybestos. For me, those Raybestos pads were incredibly good. They lasted a long time, had good bite but not overkill, and were surprisngly streetable for a non-dd car.

Sponsored

Bingo13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350R, '16 GT350 TRP, '18 GT PP2, '03 Cobra
I have run Raybestos ST45/43 on my GT500 previously. Which of your pads would be most comparable, and how would they differ from the Raybestos. For me, those Raybestos pads were incredibly good. They lasted a long time, had good bite but not overkill, and were surprisingly streetable for a non-dd car.
From experience with these same pads on a 2003 Cobra and 2000 R with the Brembo 14" six-piston upgrade kits I would offer this rough comparison. I am going with the R-12/R-10 combo on my GT350 Track Pack, but running the Cup 2 tires. I am fairly easy on the brakes based on how I drive with my Cobras, so this combo should serve me well (HPDE advance intro).

Depending on how the car behaves and my driving technique I might have a need to go to the R-16/R-12~R10 combo with the Cup 2s, but I really think they would be too much pad for the PSS in most situations with this brake setup. Also, our brakes now are so much better than what was offered with previous Shelby's and Cobras so my inclination is that I will not need a very aggressive pad setup until I figure out the car. I ran the Bridgestone RE-71 on the Cobras, fantastic daily/HPDE tire so close enough to the Cup 2s to start with my baseline on pad requirements.

This is my personal opinion, but I would stay away from the R-14 if it is a remix of the Carbotech XP14, which was initially designed as an endurance pad for cars much lighter than ours. I tried the pad once, modulation/initial bite was nowhere as good as the XP12/XP16 and braking either Cobra with their boat anchors hanging over the front axle was not fun at TWS into turn 1. That pad came off after the second session. ;-)

Carbotech XP12 ~ Raybestos ST43 - Very similar temp ranges, initial bite and modulation. XP12 is easier on the rotors, but depending on your braking style, the ST43 will last 1.5~2x longer. ST43 is noisier and takes longer to warm up, but not by much.The G-LOC R-12 will fall into this category based on information from G-LOC and their re-sellers.

Carbotech XP16 (replaced with the XP20 recently) ~ Raybestos ST45 - Very similar temp ranges, initial bite and modulation. XP16 is easier on the rotors, but depending on your braking style, the ST45 will last 1.5~1.75x longer. ST45 is noisier and takes longer to warm up, but not by much. The G-LOC R-16 will fall into this category based on information from G-LOC and their re-sellers.

Reactions: TDC
OP
OP
Anthony@HTM

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
I have run Raybestos ST45/43 on my GT500 previously. Which of your pads would be most comparable, and how would they differ from the Raybestos. For me, those Raybestos pads were incredibly good. They lasted a long time, had good bite but not overkill, and were surprisngly streetable for a non-dd car.
I would go with the 14/12 combo, that would be closest to that setup

OP
OP
Anthony@HTM

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Carbotech XP16 (replaced with the XP20 recently) ~ Raybestos ST45 - Very similar temp ranges, initial bite and modulation. XP16 is easier on the rotors, but depending on your braking style, the ST45 will last 1.5~1.75x longer. ST45 is noisier and takes longer to warm up, but not by much. The G-LOC R-16 will fall into this category based on information from G-LOC and their re-sellers.
The R14 is similar to the xp20 the r16 is similar to the xp24

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
From experience with these same pads on a 2003 Cobra and 2000 R with the Brembo 14" six-piston upgrade kits I would offer this rough comparison. I am going with the R-12/R-10 combo on my GT350 Track Pack, but running the Cup 2 tires. I am fairly easy on the brakes based on how I drive with my Cobras, so this combo should serve me well (HPDE advance intro).

Depending on how the car behaves and my driving technique I might have a need to go to the R-16/R-12~R10 combo with the Cup 2s, but I really think they would be too much pad for the PSS in most situations with this brake setup. Also, our brakes now are so much better than what was offered with previous Shelby's and Cobras so my inclination is that I will not need a very aggressive pad setup until I figure out the car. I ran the Bridgestone RE-71 on the Cobras, fantastic daily/HPDE tire so close enough to the Cup 2s to start with my baseline on pad requirements.

This is my personal opinion, but I would stay away from the R-14 if it is a remix of the Carbotech XP14, which was initially designed as an endurance pad for cars much lighter than ours. I tried the pad once, modulation/initial bite was nowhere as good as the XP12/XP16 and braking either Cobra with their boat anchors hanging over the front axle was not fun at TWS into turn 1. That pad came off after the second session. ;-)

Carbotech XP12 ~ Raybestos ST43 - Very similar temp ranges, initial bite and modulation. XP12 is easier on the rotors, but depending on your braking style, the ST43 will last 1.5~2x longer. ST43 is noisier and takes longer to warm up, but not by much.The G-LOC R-12 will fall into this category based on information from G-LOC and their re-sellers.

I really appreciate the input. I have no experience with Carbotechs. I too will be running Cup2s on the 350. And it sounds like our driving style is similar. I am not a Rottweiler bite kind of driver, but the stock pad isn't enough. I am advanced and I push the car though.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
I would go with the 14/12 combo, that would be closest to that setup
How would you compare the longevity of these to the stockers, and how bad is the screech factor for the occasional romp around town, and going to and from the track?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.