Glad I didn't wait for Ford Performance Packs

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'm glad I decided to go with aftermarket tune over waiting for Ford Performance packs. Even though it will likely void my warranty - it was worth it. Had several Bama tunes, now Lund. Loved both tunes but the Lund takes the edge for me. My car is faster than stock and transmission and drivability settings are better than stock. Almost 20K miles and engine is strong. No knock or pinging problems, no Rev hang or unusual stuff. Now that I see some of the issues folks are having with the PP2, I'm very glad. Not trying to rain on anyone else's parade who has the PP2, because I hope it works out for them and mean nothing derogatory.

Anyone else with me here? The aftermarket tunes out there are good. Anyone else out there who was waiting for the Performance Packs but decided to go aftermarket tune anyway?
Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I was hell bent to order the PP2, decided to wait until I got back from vacation. Got back and I am glad I waited.

I'll be going with the Lund Ngauge and Steeda intake. Sounds like there are zero issues with this combo, and if I decide to install a blower down the road I can use the tuner and get a few bucks for the intake. The PP2 would be basically useless at that point.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I didn't realize there were issues with the PP2, but hopefully they get whatever it is sorted out. I'm perfectly happy with my set-up with my Lund tune, and was perfectly happy with the Steeda tune before I got the 350 IM.

Joshg120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
yeah I was holding out for a ford performance pack, but now I'm almost certainly going to go the lund route. I thought the oem tuning would be bullet proof but it seems like ford doesn't devote their best resources to these type of projects.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I didn't realize there were issues with the PP2, but hopefully they get whatever it is sorted out. I'm perfectly happy with my set-up with my Lund tune, and was perfectly happy with the Steeda tune before I got the 350 IM.
It seems like there are at least some minor issues from what Ive been reading in the threads here. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I did hear something about a situation where a person was getting major rev hanging with the PP2 tune and it was difficult to drive. I haven't read thru all the posts but it seems like there are/were a few issues here and there.

Sponsored

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
Never even really though about getting the PP2 kit. But man I am very happy with Lund e85 race tune, mak cat deletes, and pmas cai:headbang:

Stig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
to be traded for 2015 GT premium (just ordered)
I have the PP2 and have no issues. If anything the PP2 improved drivability. I have an auto and before the tune shifting under hard acceleration was very mechanical. Since the tune the mechanical feel is gone and the car performes better across the board.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
There were a couple guys with manuals that initially had some issues. Most are reporting great results and some of those issues have ended with more driving time. I have the kit sitting in my garage. Cant go lund here in Ca due to smog nazis.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Glad I waited for pp2, no problems and I know that my car will pass smog and will go through CARB.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I hope all of the Ford PP buyers are happy with their tunes. This thread was not meant to be putting it down so I apologize if it came across that way. I am mostly glad I didn't wait for PPs because it allowed me to enjoy my tune for a longer period.

Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Damn good price. Going to mention this to Big Valley Ford in Stockton see if they can come down from $460. Was it Ford of Fairfield?

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Damn good price. Going to mention this to Big Valley Ford in Stockton see if they can come down from $460. Was it Ford of Fairfield?
EQTuning. Stockton honda told me no that they wouldn't install it like wtf? They literally do Roush supercharger installs..

That reminds me, I never called Modesto Ford for a quote.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
i think it's hard to beat our lund tune with a jlt or pmas intake.

great results on those combos
Sponsored