Sponsored

Given the run around from a popular tuner for our cars

Ronstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium
Hi Folks,

Just want to inform you about the way I was treated from a popular tuner here whom I bought parts from and had negotiated a deal with an extra Diff 3.73 with torsen lsd swap for labor.

I originally had listed this part everywhere I could trying to find a buyer for it had a few insterested and probably would have sold it buy now. I had also listed it on his site, I saw others doing the same thing with parts on this site at the time so I did as well.

Well, seeing the part listed, he offered to trade his labor for the diff and asked me to take the listing down from every site because we agreed that it was sold to him for the trade.

He needed to wait because he was relocating his shop and also had quite a few other people already signed up for jobs before he could get to me so we could trade parts for labor, I was needing to have the parts I bought from him installed and was going to use that labor trade and also pay out of pocket to get a few more things done for the difference in overage Charges.

Well as we got close to the day, He decides to cancel his offer. so now I'm out all this wasted time, and my trust with this tuner just hit the floor and would have had a buyer for the diff by now.

I don't like making posts like this but I also don't like being treated this way as a customer.

Guess Ill go with either FP tune or another tuner in the DFW area for all parts and future labor costs.

PM me if anyone has any questions or comments
Sponsored

Last edited:

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 thumbs up! Will read again.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Another example of great customer service. Instead of jumping on a ford tune hit up Jon at Lund. Best of both worlds when coming to performance and reliability.

Chez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
If you're gonna type all that out, man up and name the tuner. These "guess who" threads are BS.

OP
OP

Ronstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium
I will if it doesn't violate the TOS of this site.

Believe me I have no issue naming him, I just don't wanna get my account banned from some sort of TOS violation.

Sponsored

mtoo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple GT
Pretty obvious who you're talking about so might as well name names if you said all you did in the OP.

Reactions: AXO

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He probably doesn't want to give out the name because he doesn't want to be attacked by the sheep that follow said tuner.

Last edited:

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone has a right to change their mind and back out of a sale, trade or whatever for their own reason, even though you were asked to take down the listing which I agree is a pita, its still their right to decide not to go through with the transaction. That is called a free market.

In the future especially if no money has ever traded hands, never drop your ad for an item you are selling/trading till either the transaction is completed, or you have some sort of deposit just because someone asks you to.

I get your disappointment, but its not on the other party, and I fail to see how you were treated so horribly that you had to even post this, I mean its not like the day came, he did the work, then demanded money right? and I assume there was no written contract, so other than your assumption that you may have sold the LSD in the mean time which is not a give in, its just your upset the deal fell through.

I have made a deal to buy a 73 Merc Cougar for $125 off some guy in ME once, we agreed on the sale, the day I showed up to buy it he backed out because someone else offered him $750. Yeah it was shitty but that's the nature of things. Other than this post as an example you will not find a post in a merc forum trying to bash the other guy over it. I do not see the moral outrage reason for this post, it seems that taking it to a level that is disproportionate to the actual failed trade.

Last edited:

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone has a right to change their mind and back out of a sale, trade or whatever for their own reason, even though you were asked to take down the listing which I agree is a pita, its still their right to decide not to go through with the transaction. That is called a free market.

In the future especially if no money has ever traded hands, never drop your ad for an item you are selling/trading till either the transaction is completed, or you have some sort of deposit just because someone asks you to.

I get your disappointment, but its not on the other party, and I fail to see how you were treated so horribly that you had to even post this, I mean its not like the day came, he did the work, then demanded money right? and I assume there was no written contract, so other than your assumption that you may have sold the LSD in the mean time which is not a give in, its just your upset the deal fell through.

I have made a deal to buy a 73 Merc Cougar for $125 off some guy in ME once, we agreed on the sale, the day I showed up to buy it he backed out because someone else offered him $750. Yeah it was shitty but that's the nature of things. Other than this post as an example you will not find a post in a merc forum trying to bash the other guy over it. I do not see the moral outrage reason for this post, it seems that taking it to a level that is disproportionate to the actual failed trade.

This is ALL true. BUT as a vendor/tuner/business owner you're held to a higher standard. Especially when parts have been sold from the party who was suppose to perform the install.

OP
OP

Ronstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium

I am not disputing the fact this is a free market. However I am also a customer not just a seller in this case.

Someone? or a company that says they want to do business with a customer and lays claim to the item so no one else can have an opportunity to buy it?

I get your disappointment, but its not on the other party, and I fail to see how you were treated so horribly that you had to even post this, I mean its not like the day came, he did the work, then demanded money right?

No, its him/his company saying I want to buy it so no one else can, take your advertisements down everywhere

and I assume there was no written contract,

Text and emails with agreement might state otherwise

so other than your assumption that you may have sold the LSD in the mean time which is not a give in, its just your upset the deal fell through.

I have made a deal to buy a 73 Merc Cougar for $125 off some guy in ME once, we agreed on the sale, the day I showed up to buy it he backed out because someone else offered him $750. Yeah it was shitty but that's the nature of things.

That's a different deal all together, in your example I would be the guy selling the 73 Merc.

Other than this post as an example you will not find a post in a merc forum trying to bash the other guy over it. I do not see the moral outrage reason for this post, it seems that taking it to a level that is disproportionate to the actual failed trade.

The only thing I am pointing out is that hes not trust worthy, and if someone is in business to make money especially in auto mechanical field, trust goes a long way, it can make you more customers or less, so yes this is justified IMO.

I would also like to point out that after the agreement was made knowing what it was listed for, he also tried to drop the value of from $500 to $400, if he wasn't happy with the amount it was selling for, he should have said so from the beginning.

Sponsored

AXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt, Ruby Red Metallic, Premium, PP, 401a
Free market or not the guy is not Stand Up or a Man of his Word. Please at least post his initials as I would like to avoid using this guy for anything.

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I am not disputing the fact this is a free market. However I am also a customer not just a seller in this case.

Someone? or a company that says they want to do business with a customer and lays claim to the item so no one else can have an opportunity to buy it?

I get your disappointment, but its not on the other party, and I fail to see how you were treated so horribly that you had to even post this, I mean its not like the day came, he did the work, then demanded money right?

No, its him/his company saying I want to buy it so no one else can, take your advertisements down everywhere

and I assume there was no written contract,

Text and emails with agreement might state otherwise

so other than your assumption that you may have sold the LSD in the mean time which is not a give in, its just your upset the deal fell through.

I have made a deal to buy a 73 Merc Cougar for $125 off some guy in ME once, we agreed on the sale, the day I showed up to buy it he backed out because someone else offered him $750. Yeah it was shitty but that's the nature of things.

That's a different deal all together, in your example I would be the guy selling the 73 Merc.

Other than this post as an example you will not find a post in a merc forum trying to bash the other guy over it. I do not see the moral outrage reason for this post, it seems that taking it to a level that is disproportionate to the actual failed trade.

The only thing I am pointing out is that hes not trust worthy, and if someone is in business to make money especially in auto mechanical field, trust goes a long way, it can make you more customers or less, so yes this is justified IMO.

I would also like to point out that after the agreement was made knowing what it was listed for, he also tried to drop the value of from $500 to $400, if he wasn't happy with the amount it was selling for, he should have said so from the beginning.

None of what you claim constitutes anything other than he changed his mind, and you just want to tarnish whomever this buyers name is. The fact is there was no wrongdoing done here,not even dishonesty. He changed his mind, he owes you nothing, and the fact that he wanted to broker a better deal is common practice for anyone. No transaction took place where he actually did anything to even remotely be considered shady..... You cannot bring up someones word in a trade deal like this, that is ridiculous.

Had said transaction occurred then he reneged on the deal or tried to broker less value on the labor ($400 instead of $500 worth) then you would have sort of rational claim, but as is, no one owes you anything, and calling him dishonest essentially when no trade happened is basically like saying he is guilty of theft, that never happened. Texts and emails are only intent and interest,unless you can prove you are out something tangible or he did something after the transaction happens that he did not state in them, then they are nothing but one guy interested in someone else's stuff, you cannot prove there was any damage done. There is a reason why some states have a 3 day rule to back out of a sale (typical with a contract item and usually after the transaction takes place). This is not like you had to take your car out of commission and pay for a rental, or paid advertisement, or you were renting a house, you packed up got a moving truck and moved out of your old place that now has a new renter in it, you arrived at the new place and it was rented. Your are out nothing but a little time.

All that happened in this trade is he backed out. In sales and bartering there are not absolutes without written contracts, and since he did nothing to you other than maybe get your hopes up for what $500 of labor? Look I am a big supporter of the consumer but nothing even happened here, so no harm, no foul, if he had stepped back and said hey after considering it, I have decided I don't need the part, or could not at this time give away the labor right now, would you still post this like it was a slight against you?

Imo I cannot fault someone in a fee market for trying to broker a better deal, deciding the deal was not good for them, or they did not need it anymore. IF I was to try to smear someone because they decided not to trade or buy something I was selling then I cannot see how any business could get done if you have no way to back out of a sale for your own reasons.

This is more of a douchey move than whomever decided they did not want to go through with it. (and didn't)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So would there be any difference if you had changed your mind and say needed immediate cash for your part instead of "bartered" labor from someone?

I honestly don't see any issue here at all.

It would be one thing if you had actually exchanged the part and then never received the promised bartered labor in return - but nothing like that happened.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But vendors/shops should and ARE held to a higher standard. On top of that items were sold which were going to be installed as part of this deal. Parts were sold then the shop owner went back on HIS WORD. Again that is his choice but a bad choice that shows his integrity.

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
But vendors/shops should and ARE held to a higher standard. On top of that items were sold which were going to be installed as part of this deal. Parts were sold then the shop owner went back on HIS WORD. Again that is his choice but a bad choice that shows his integrity.
He did no such thing, this is not like making a promise, or giving a warranty on his labor etc., you are conflating two different issues and painting them both as some sort of "word is your bond issue", this is just a simple classified ad sale that fell through. I get what you are saying I just think anyone, be it a vendor or customer should be able to make their own choice to not purchase or trade for something if they want to, if the vendor decided after the fact that they cannot afford to give away the labor at that time, they should have the right to back out. At best its just a sale/trade that fell through, at worst its a small amount of time the seller has to re-submit an ad. I cannot even believe this is a thing...
Sponsored