Sponsored

Getting water through air vents when it rains.

ss27gogeta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zach
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
So I've been noticing when it rains and Im running my ac it feels like it's spitting out little water droplets at me I've never had this issue in any other car I've had. Any one else experienced this? Car is a 2020.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Are you running the A/C with the recirculate mode on? Are you running it with windows cracked at all?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
...it feels like...
There's is no "feels like" about this. The car either is, or is not, spitting water from the vents.

What is most likely happening, is condensation from the A/C. Do your vent surrounds get water on them???

OP
OP

ss27gogeta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zach
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Windows are closed when it rains about the only time I use ac unless the wife is with me. the rest of the time the windows are down ac off. And there is no condonsation on the vents that I can see. It's got to be more than condonsation as it only dose it when it's raining. With ac on and it not raining it dose not happen. And I usually don't use recirculation mode.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Windows are closed when it rains about the only time I use ac unless the wife is with me. the rest of the time the windows are down ac off. And there is no condonsation on the vents that I can see. It's got to be more than condonsation as it only dose it when it's raining. With ac on and it not raining it dose not happen. And I usually don't use recirculation mode.
I'd think it's just condensation. When it's hot & muggy, you turn the A/C on without recirculating (you should always use recirc) water/moisture collects on the metal (plastic) chrome rings around the vents. If enough moisture collects, the driven air will spit water droplets at you.

Recirculation is the default A/C setting, are you switching the recirc off after starting the A/C?
Sponsored