Sponsored

Getting to know the 2020 Shelby GT500 (video)

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
  • Banned
I took my 2020 GT500 out yesterday and filmed this video. I start in the garage with a little walk around and then get the car outside to talk about the engine bay as well as the electronic dash/drive modes and features inside the cabin. After discussing features of the 2020, I hit the road to talk about driving manners and have a little spirited fun! If you want to skip the informative section, you can jump to 22:30 to see the car in action. I finish with some more details of the car once back at my garage.

Hopefully this is informative and fun. I enjoyed the HELL out of the drive!

Sponsored

Mkeane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Thanks for sharing

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Nice review Tim!
Your car is gleaming. I tell yeah, if that car is now being built with a shark fin.... That's a big turn off for me. Making my decisions easier for me now days. Thanks ford!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
  • Banned
Nice review Tim!
Your car is gleaming. I tell yeah, if that car is now being built with a shark fin.... That's a big turn off for me. Making my decisions easier for me now days. Thanks ford!!
Thanks Jim!

If it’s any consolation, my CFTP car I have on order will have the shark fin antenna. I wouldn’t let something as minor as an antenna deter me from owning such an amazing car. It’s like kicking out a supermodel because she has a zit on her butt. Ford switched antennas for better reception. I am ok with it.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Jim: Me thinks you will be hard-pressed to find many new vehicles withOUT the fin as it seems to be the automakers' choice.

I got lucky with the early build but I don't think the fin detracts from the car's lines or looks although I personally prefer the teardrop and I haven't had any GPS reception issues.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Unfortunately I'm that way. It's why I love my base R... couldn't even stand the tear drop. I wouldn't say it's a total deal killer but its getting close.
I may be able to rip it off and install something aftermarket

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Ain't it amazing what our brains can do to us, Jim? <chuckling>

But I must admit, you expressed the most ardent opinion on the matter that I've heard. I've never been a fan of any antenna, I feel ya on that, but I guess my brain has just adjusted. No doubt the decision to paint them helps dramatically...but they're still "bumps."

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Ain't it amazing what our brains can do to us, Jim? <chuckling>

But I must admit, you expressed the most ardent opinion on the matter that I've heard. I've never been a fan of any antenna, I feel ya on that, but I guess my brain has just adjusted. No doubt the decision to paint them helps dramatically...but they're still "bumps."
haha! yeah I'm sure people get used to it.
I remember when I first started working a shit labor job when I was 18. A masons helper. My coworker who had been there for 15 years would always say. "Don't worry, you get used to it"
ever since then, he was right... and not just in the instance of back breaking labor.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Jim: I'm sure there's an appropriate cliche but nothing comes to my feeble brain at the moment. But the thought I'm trying to express is,

Wisdom comes with age.

Wouldn't it be great to be born with all the knowledge you'll ever learn along with all the money you'll ever earn. (Dang fool is rhyming again! Unintentional as always.) :-)

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Excellent informative video and excellent shop with vehicles.

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Thanks Tim, since we took delivery at the end of the day and was very hurried by the dealership as the dealer (Galpin in LA), had just sent everyone home for the COVID-19 stay home order.
We understood the situation but I wanted the 500 with me not the dealer during the quarantine. Anyway, we had basically no tour of our car, just sign and go home.

BTW Secret compartment by the trunk button...:rockon:

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I took my 2020 GT500 out yesterday and filmed this video. I start in the garage with a little walk around and then get the car outside to talk about the engine bay as well as the electronic dash/drive modes and features inside the cabin. After discussing features of the 2020, I hit the road to talk about driving manners and have a little spirited fun! If you want to skip the informative section, you can jump to 22:30 to see the car in action. I finish with some more details of the car once back at my garage.

Hopefully this is informative and fun. I enjoyed the HELL out of the drive!

Hi my friend Tim; May I ask what is the name of the company that you spoke about with the mud flap protectors??? I watched the entire 54 minute video and just want to tell you that its tremendous and I got alot out of it. I learned a whole bunch. My car was scheduled to be built on March 23rd week as you know it got pushed back due to the Covid-19 situation. I have patience and truly understand. We are in "Lockdown Mode" here in Omaha. Our Mayor said we may only go out to the grocery store, gas station, pharmacy, or for a Medical appointment. I hope this finds you "SAFE & SOUND" Tim. Let me know about those mud flap protectors. I hate rock chips. And I just also want to say a "BIG THANK YOU " to you for making this video. I do wish the battery compartment was just a little easier to get to as I have to use a battery tender from late Nov. to late March. Iam getting the same exact color combo as you have Tim. Plus Iam getting the handling package, technology package, and carbon dash. Love that Rapid Red with the black stripes.
Sponsored