Getting the new rev match feature on our 350s

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
I have the Xineering module. It’s great for the track. I have to turn it off for the street. It will blip aggressively at unexpected times, such as when you are braking gently to come to a stop at a light and put in your clutch.
Sponsored

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
I have the Xineering module. It’s great for the track. I have to turn it off for the street. It will blip aggressively at unexpected times, such as when you are braking gently to come to a stop at a light and put in your clutch.
Damn thing will catch you off guard for sure.

scared.gif

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
How hard was the install on the xineering unit?

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
How hard was the install on the xineering unit?
I took my time and it was about an hour. Several good videos out there. Hardest part was the clutch switch. I did not remove it and just used one hand to unlock the harness and slide it off. I also added an on/off switch included in that hour.

Sponsored

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
I took my time and it was about an hour. Several good videos out there. Hardest part was the clutch switch. I did not remove it and just used one hand to unlock the harness and slide it off. I also added an on/off switch included in that hour.
Awesome thanks!

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
For any of you guys having trouble with it on the street - you aren't doing yourselves any favors - it's really harder on the street than the track, by far. Mashing the brakes on the track gives you a more solid pivot point to use vs the street where you are likely not in the brakes to the same degree, making it really hard to get a consistent feel for even where the throttle pedal even is. Everything is muscle memory - driving in traffic is going to make it hard to "remember".
I agree with this too. On the street, I rev match, but without braking, just to be smooth; certainly not worried about lap times on the street.

Let's say I'm entering a right hand turn in 3rd gear. I'm braking, and then as I hit about the apex area, I clutch, downshift to second, then move my right foot from brake to gas, blip to rev-match, then off the clutch and on the gas. It's a very smooth, natural way to drive on the street and avoid jerking weight transfer motions that make your passengers sick. I taught my kids this technique as well.

On the track, you are hard on the brake. That makes it easier to roll your (for me at least) right side of the right foot over to blip the gas for the rev-match. On my BMW and my GT350, I use right side/left side rather than heel/toe for rev-matching.

Oh, and my new Cayman GTS 4.0 has rev match. WOW is that something I got used to very quickly. It's very enjoyable. Honest! And if it helps save the manuals, so be it!

Just my .02.
Sponsored