Sponsored

Getting the Mustang on 4 jackstands in 2 door garage ?

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Is there anyway to get my car up on 4 jackstands ? Or should I just buy the Quickjack ?? :)

Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Quickjack is the safest way. There was actually a GT350 owner who tried what you attempted and the jack went through the drywall. This is primarily why I only purchase homes with a single door garage. However, quickjacks have made very easily to work with. However, it will be a tight fit to work on the side that has the drywall. I hate how they thought to develop with 2 separate doors. PITA.

OP
OP
ANGST

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
This is the answer , but the lift I have access to is an hour away :) first world problems.

30iw8b6.jpg

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I have Steeda jack rails and they work awesomely.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Put the car in the middle of the garage and tell the misses she is parking outside. :-)

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Put the car in the middle of the garage and tell the misses she is parking outside. :-)
If I did that and she didn't chain the jack stands to her car before going for a drive, I couldn't respect her.

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
Is there anyway to get my car up on 4 jackstands ? Or should I just buy the Quickjack ?? :)
Two self lifting wheel dollies on the wall side and use your floor jack to place the other two wheel onto basic dollies. Then push it to the center.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I've jacked up a car in that narrow of a spot. As other mentioned, angle the jack. Use shorter swings of the handle so you don't hit the wall.

And remember to watch the end of the handle when lowering the car so it dosn't do this and get stuck in the wall. LoL

Why two jacks.jpg

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I've jacked up a car in that narrow of a spot. As other mentioned, angle the jack. Use shorter swings of the handle so you don't hit the wall.

And remember to watch the end of the handle when lowering the car so it dosn't do this and get stuck in the wall. LoL

Why two jacks.jpg
Been there, done that!!!!

OP
OP
ANGST

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
She's not the problem , getting the car in the middle would be .

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I assume you have a support post in the middle of the garage floor to go along with the double doors?

I hate how my home is built like that, I know why it is but its the only draw back I have to my home, the double doors and the support post/beam for the floor about the garage.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Two self lifting wheel dollies on the wall side and use your floor jack to place the other two wheel onto basic dollies. Then push it to the center.
This is probably the most intelligent post I've ever read on this forum. You must be amazing at tetris. lol.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I've jacked mine up dozens of times in this exact scenario. Wall on one side, my tahoe on the other. Just angle the jack a bit. Be careful and pay attention tho with the jack angled if you go really high the jack can't roll itself under as the arm pivots, and will cause the other side if already on jack stands to want to lean the jack stands. Every couple pumps just wiggle the jack a little and it will scoot itself under, and bend down to peek at the other side jackstands to make sure they're not starting to lean.
Sponsored