Sponsored

(tune issue, HELP) Getting ready to install Vortech V-3 JT-Trim kit, tips, recommendations..

BKoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Previously a challenger guy, previously previously a Chevy small block guy, but waiting for a deal on a hellcat to upgrade to from my scat pack... well the market didn't cooperate. Decided to try out the mustang after realizing I could buy the car and supercharge it for less then most used hellcats are going for and loved it.
Currently waiting for my kit to ship, ordered from summit three weeks ago and they expect it to ship the first week of June.

Id like to have everything I'll need or should install prior to it arriving. I have a 2021 GT, auto, no mods yet except a set of drag radials for a few trips to the track each year.

I ordered the complete kit but I know I'll need spark plugs and was thinking of t-bolt clamps (anyone know the size and amount I would need) for the pipes.

I also hate the look of using the factory air box and was thinking of getting the short filter directly on the unit but wasnt sure what I need to do with other connections to do this.

Any other recommendations for parts, tools or tips on the install are greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Last edited:

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Shorty filter, better clamps, I also upgraded all the silicon

mitsuchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
platinum white gt premium
if going with short filter will have to run breathers or catch can breather set up. I kept my pass side catch can just modified it to work ( I had to relocate it and use longer hoses) and put a breather one the driver side for now.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I run a can, for a while I just left that hose not attached to anything while waiting for the can

OP
OP
BKoz

BKoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Thanks for the replies.

Snowballing this project before it arrives, tracking shows it'll be here this weekend.

I'm on the fence about doing oil pump gears and also thinking of upgrading the axles (renegades?) as well. If I do that, them in also thinking Id like to lower the car an inch as well (steeda springs?).

Recommendations on other suspension upgrades while the car is going to be down for awhile?

After I get the car up and running, I'll be looking for a custom tune, I'm located in northeastern PA.... Don't mind driving and making a day or two out of it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BKoz

BKoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
A little update, after summit told me this kit would be fine for my 2021, I sent the tune request and they cannot do the included tune for a 2021....I will have to pay for a custom tune.

Something else I would add, the included instructions are not great (thankfully I watched install videos on YouTube) they would have you requesting the tune near the final pages of the install. If I were installing this according to their instructions, you'd have your car sitting, waiting for a tune. Fortunately I didn't start any install yet.

I did order half shafts (over paid but they had them in stock) hoping to have this setup all in by July.

OP
OP
BKoz

BKoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
They are now not sure if the tuner I was sent can be used to get me a custom tune.

Anyone have advice on this situation... I'm also a little nervous to have livernois (tune supplier with kit) writing a completely custom tune....I spent the extra money for the complete kit so summit says they will pay for some or possibly all of the custom tune or I can return the kit.....I don't want to wait months for another kit.

OP
OP
BKoz

BKoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Got the custom tune from livernois and summit paid for it. Hoping to install everything in the next few weeks.

Anyone have experience or flow information on Spectre SPE-8168 air filter? I like the look as well as the added filter area on the front/top area but I cannot find any flow information.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
thats why most guys do our custom package, you get a better tune, injectors, shifting on the auto especially,

they are great kits though

OP
OP
BKoz

BKoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
What is this tube and is it normal for this to be crushed against the charge cooler?

20220630_205858.jpg

Last edited:

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like your A/C drier/desiccant filter.
Sponsored