Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Chris,
which size bag for the GT350R?

Thanks!

Edit:
The vehicle size chart shows an M2. Is that what you have?
Hey Tom - Yep... confirmed M2 is what I ordered for JR265 and if fit perfect. Now used for wife's '67 Camaro and it's a bit too big for her car.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hey Tom - Yep... confirmed M2 is what I ordered for JR265 and if fit perfect. Now used for wife's '67 Camaro and it's a bit too big for her car.
Thanks Chris.

I'll be ordering a set of 3. My only concern is the 500 CFTP with the wing. Do you think those bags will fit the CFTP?

Edit:
Is there an online retailer that sells these things at a lower price?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Postal Bob

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Took advantage of the warm, sunny day today 36° (compared to temps in the teens lately, it felt warm). Pulled back the cover, and put another coat of ceramic boost on the car and wheels. Brake rotors looked good, with just some minor surface rust. I use wheel covers I made out of corrugated plastic, to keep rain and snow from reaching rotors. Then covered it back up again for it's continued winter nap. My car is stored outside, so the more protection I can put on it, the better.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Tomster - that size should still zip closed with the CFTP wing. There is enough excess to sort of shift the car around and make it fit right. Just make sure to cover the car with a soft indoor cover before bagging, as the CarBag is a very heavy plastic.

I think they only sell direct - never saw them available through a reseller.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another trick I use is to vacuum out the air using a small nozzle on my shop vac.

Sponsored

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R in Iconic Silver
I'm so torn on whether to warm up my car or not....

She's currently in a really nice temp controlled showroom garage. I got the oil changed on Dec 2nd. I drove her one more time the week after then she went into storage. So it's been around 7 weeks since she's been started. I also keep the battery charged with a tender, but I never leave it constantly plugged in.

I've seen plenty of people from all over say it's good to warm up the car and plenty that say don't do anything until it can be driven. Part of me wants to start the car but letting the car idle for long such a long period of time worries me.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I'm so torn on whether to warm up my car or not....

She's currently in a really nice temp controlled showroom garage. I got the oil changed on Dec 2nd. I drove her one more time the week after then she went into storage. So it's been around 7 weeks since she's been started. I also keep the battery charged with a tender, but I never leave it constantly plugged in.

I've seen plenty of people from all over say it's good to warm up the car and plenty that say don't do anything until it can be driven. Part of me wants to start the car but letting the car idle for long such a long period of time worries me.
Fire it up! Won’t hurt anything and makes you feel good.
BTW: I leave my battery tenders on all the time. All the electronics in these cars will run the battery dead in 2-3 weeks.

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fire it up! Won’t hurt anything and makes you feel good.
BTW: I leave my battery tenders on all the time. All the electronics in these cars will run the battery dead in 2-3 weeks.
I'll usually leave the tender on for a few days then take it off. Then repeat the process the following week.

The storage facility is a decent size, so I could technically back it up and drive it around very slow inside. Would that be better than just letting it idle?

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I'll usually leave the tender on for a few days then take it off. Then repeat the process the following week.

The storage facility is a decent size, so I could technically back it up and drive it around very slow inside. Would that be better than just letting it idle?
Running the engine to full temp is the main thing. The trans will heat up and flow fluids with the engine. Moving it around helps with the wheel bearings & diff. But the engine/trans and your mental health are more important. :like:

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As you can tell by the pic of my cars in bags, I'm a store it and leave it sort of guy.... no starting once tucked away for winter.

One problem with starting is that the only way to really get rid of the moisture that results in the crankcase, transmission, and exhaust is to drive it until everything is up to operating temperature and then keep driving for a while until all that moisture is gone. If the storage area is below 55 degrees, the likelihood of quite a bit of condensation is even greater.

Heat on cold metal results in condensation and the byproduct of combustion (especially if the fuel in the car has ethanol) puts even more condensation in the exhaust system. Look at the water that comes out of the tailpipes on a freshly started car on a cold day.... you really don't want that pooling in the mufflers and exhaust tubing. Plus you definitely don't want to create condensation in the crankcase or transmission unless you can get those hot enough to burn it off.

Sponsored

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems to be pros and cons for both sides. Tough call.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Never start my car once it is stored.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's best not to start it unless you're going to drive long enough to get everything nice and warm.

OP
OP
Postal Bob

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I leave mine untouched all winter, with the battery tender always on. After 2 weeks untouched, it goes into deep sleep mode.
Besides, what's to gain by starting it and letting it idle for a while? It never will get up to ideal temperatures. Before putting away, I drove it well enough that engine, oil, transmission, differential, etc, all got up to maximum temperature. This way any condensation was burned off.
It's tempting to want to start it, and hear that exhaust sound again. But for what purpose, other than self satisfaction?
Sponsored