Sponsored

Getting near that depressing time of year-Winter storage

Voodoo_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I’m going to be utilizing a CTEK charger and use the points of connection as discussed above.

Im a bit nervous leaving the charger plugged in and unattended for extended periods of time. Is this generally safe? Any tips?

Should I leave it on all the time or plug it in when I’m out and about in the garage on the weekends?
Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I’m going to be utilizing a CTEK charger and use the points of connection as discussed above.

Im a bit nervous leaving the charger plugged in and unattended for extended periods of time. Is this generally safe? Any tips?

Should I leave it on all the time or plug it in when I’m out and about in the garage on the weekends?
All of mine have been plugged in for years. The ‘09 for about 11 years now.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Enjoying this last week of good driving weather in the northeast. Temps in the Mid 60s in my area then its back to the 40s and 50s next week and probably not getting much better until March. I typically get my car ready for storage around Thanksgiving unless we get snow before then.

I did take my SC2s off my R and use PS4S for the street but even the PS4s dont like the cold weather but can warm up with a bit of drive time. As noted the trans and oil don't get all the way up to temp.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Wisconsin resident here. I am "ok" with the winters as we only have to brave about 2 months of really severe cold. I do like to hibernate for a while indoors and work on projects.
There is something magical when spring hits, weather starts warming up and you get your ride out for that first nice day of the year. It's an incredible feeling. Makes me appreciate the warmer months and taking advantage of every opportunity to drive it.
IMG_0699.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
Postal Bob

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Had the oil and filter changed, gave it a good wash, applied the ceramic boost coating, and put in the fuel stabilizer. Just waiting now for all the leaves to fall off the trees, and the gardener to clean it up. Then I'll pull the car into the backyard, put it on the flatstoppers, pump up the tire pressure, put on the battery tender, and cover it for the winter. No garage, so it stays outside all winter covered. I cry when I see it snow, and it gets covered in a thick blanket of snow. That's when I really long for Spring.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I drove my GT350 in the winter on dry days. But I put appropriate tires on it and IMO there's no reason to rev the engine to the stratosphere when you don't have traction. I think the GT350 is a lot of fun to drive any time of year.

It works fine even down to below zero weather. I did have the exhaust valves freeze up one time when it was below zero, but for the most part no issues at all.

Oddly enough, now that I have the Fiesta ST and my 2017 GT, I probably won't drive the Mustang at all in cold temperatures. I haven't bothered to get snow tires for it. The FiST is fun enough that I don't miss the Mustang too much. I'll spend time this winter doing a few track upgrades that GT350 owners don't have to worry about.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Had the oil and filter changed, gave it a good wash, applied the ceramic boost coating, and put in the fuel stabilizer. Just waiting now for all the leaves to fall off the trees, and the gardener to clean it up. Then I'll pull the car into the backyard, put it on the flatstoppers, pump up the tire pressure, put on the battery tender, and cover it for the winter. No garage, so it stays outside all winter covered. I cry when I see it snow, and it gets covered in a thick blanket of snow. That's when I really long for Spring.
I'd rather pay storage fees then let it sit covered under snow throughout the winter lol. Almost debated putting mine in storage but decided to keep my commuter car in the driveway during the winter.

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Used this weekend to put winter hibernation plans into effect…Noco battery tender, check, Flatstoppers with 45psi, check, need to get fuel stabilizer.

Decided to get a second set of wheels, will put the Cup2
’s on them, use them for summer months and occasional HDPDE, use the CF’s with MP4S’s for the early spring and late fall when temps are below 60 degrees.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
We had a nice stretch this week with temps in the 40's, but I have the car fully dialed in for winter. Even the last drive on the MPSS I could feel the tires slipping in the colder temps. I don't want to deal with snow, salt, etc I would rather put it away for 4.5 months and drive the heck out of it for the other 7.5.
IMG_1937.JPG
IMG_1942.JPG

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
The cure for this illness is a cheap 80's Crown vic/grand mark or Caprice that you added some oats to, but don't care enough about to worry if someone hits it or the salt monster returns it to earth. Boxy grand mark with cop crown vic dual exhaust with flowmasters or ? sounds almost as good as a fox body mustang. Keeping the fire lit all winter.

OP
OP
Postal Bob

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
The cure for this illness is a cheap 80's Crown vic/grand mark or Caprice that you added some oats to, but don't care enough about to worry if someone hits it or the salt monster returns it to earth. Boxy grand mark with cop crown vic dual exhaust with flowmasters or ? sounds almost as good as a fox body mustang. Keeping the fire lit all winter.
A Crown Vic could never give a similar experience, as driving the GT350. It's not just the exhaust notes, but the whole experience of a GT350. Better to just wait for Spring, and really appreciate the GT350 again.

Purerock105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350, 17 Raptor
I've been at both ends of this. From 1999 to 2019, I resided in St. Petersburg where I always had garages and warm sunny weather in the winter.

I relocated out west to Reno/Sparks Nevada last year and had to hibernate a car, the 350 for the first time in my life.

And now I'm in between residences as my lease expired before my new place will be ready. So, I have my stuff and Corvette C7Z in storage and My Raptor and GT350 parked at work. Snow expected this week too.

Florida 2019
20191207_164845_HDR.jpg

Winter in Reno
20210130_135416_HDR.jpg

Present day
20211119_143809.jpg

Doc Holladay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 Lariat; 2020 Subaru Forester
Purerock105 I feel for ya. I live on the Space Coast of Fl where they launch rockets into space about once a month. Living in Fl you know what the weather is like in the summer, hot and humid and sometimes unbearable. I have a pool and the ocean is about 20 minutes from me. Now, Jul, August and Sept are by far the worst Summer months so it is too hot to do anything except go to the beach or pool but the other 8 or 9 months l try to do a 1, 2, or 3 day road trip every month and enjoy the ride. The 2021 average winter high, Oct - April, was 72 to maybe 76 and the low maybe 35. So, if you like winter sports Fl is not for you.

Purerock105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350, 17 Raptor
I had no idea Reno had beautiful winter like that. Definitely need to get an AWD Ferrari...used prices are low and they are bullet proof.
Yeah. People don't realize how close to Tahoe and the Sierras, the Reno area is and at 5000ft. So, you have elevation and Valley snow.

I had a Durango SRT for last year's snow and now my Raptor. I'm ready.
20201108_095218.jpg

20211009_124851.jpg
Sponsored