NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I've driven millions of manny tranny miles and even drive a Ford L9000 truck with a big Cat diesel periodically to transport forklifts. I just don't see the stock pedal being heavy on a Mustang. I just today stepped on my clutch pedal in my Ram diesel using my right leg and it did indeed feel very heavy. My left leg has been conditioned over the years.
O.k.????
Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
... What I don't know is if the 2018-19 OEM clutch-kit and fly-wheel can work in my 2016 MT82.
I don't see Exedy , McLeod or Spec clutches listed for 2018 Mustang GT so I am guessing there is a change.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
NoVaGT, I don't get the ???? Point was, after you've driven a stick for so long the clutch pedal weight doesn't phase you.

Jubbs2116

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeb
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
So, did you ever learn anything more about lighter clutch options. Did you make any mods to yours?

Sponsored

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
So, did you ever learn anything more about lighter clutch options. Did you make any mods to yours?
He bought a 19 Kona Blue PP1 with the MT82 last week.
:cwl::cwl:

Yeah, the answer I found was the MT82-4 twin-disc clutch in the new cars. Much, much lighter and a much better engagement.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
NoVaGT, I don't get the ???? Point was, after you've driven a stick for so long the clutch pedal weight doesn't phase you.
I have a foot issue. A mass of scar-tissue pressing on a nerve. That's the point for me.

Jubbs2116

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeb
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Got it. Thanks for the info and enjoy the new ride. Also, with the 2019, now you could throw that crazy 3.0L Whipple on there.

TimT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt PP
I put in the Mcleod with the alum. flywheel. the pedal is like nothing there, got in my car and about put my foot thru the floor. It takes about a tenth of the effort compared to the stock 18 clutch

maximizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maximizer
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT V8 with 41k miles
I put in the Mcleod with the alum. flywheel. the pedal is like nothing there, got in my car and about put my foot thru the floor. It takes about a tenth of the effort compared to the stock 18 clutch
is the aluminum flywheel likely to be the SAME, MORE or LESS (please select one*) heaviness feel compared to the steel flywheel. I am asking because — like the OP — i too am in a 2016 GT (DD) convertible looking at McLeod RST (need to know* whether to buy aluminum vs steel flywheel) to lighten up the clutch pedal effort. Thanks,

Sponsored

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I just installed the Steeda braided clutch line on my car and while not really making it lighter it did lower the release point so I dont have to lift my foot so far off the floor to engage the clutch. Not sure if it will help or not but its a cheaper start than a whole new clutch and isn't all that hard to change if you have medium to small hands.

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
is the aluminum flywheel likely to be the SAME, MORE or LESS (please select one*) heaviness feel compared to the steel flywheel. I am asking because — like the OP — i too am in a 2016 GT (DD) convertible looking at McLeod RST (need to know* whether to buy aluminum vs steel flywheel) to lighten up the clutch pedal effort. Thanks,
SAME

The flywheel weight should not affect the clutch pedal feel. What it does affect is the amount of throttle it takes to take off from a stop. A heavier flywheel has a lot of energy/inertia stored in it while rotating, so it takes less throttle to take off from a stop. A lighter flywheel takes a little more gas to get out of the hole because it has less energy stored. When people change to an aluminum flywheel from steel, they usually stall it easier until they get used to the change.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
And don't forget the ONLY way to affect the pressure/ resistance of the clutch feel is the return spring under the dash.

These clutches are hydraulic, the slave cylinder does the heavy lifting.
Sponsored