Sponsored

Getting a H-pipe, since the price range can be from $130 up to $275, does brand make any difference on sound/performance? From pypes to Roush?

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
I went with the Steeda H and welded the rear on. Sounds great.
Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I went with the Steeda H and welded the rear on. Sounds great.
i went a different direction: a Mishimoto H pipe. They are very well made w/bracing. The clamps worked first time out and never needed adjustment. Sound is nice. Mishimoto, like Steeda, make high quality products that last.

CVCashmere

OP
OP
FakeSimulation
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Just wondering, do you have inspetions, that test that? Or it's on the road side and a local cop making the call ?
It's always a local cop making the call, it just depends on how loud you're being and how miserable the cop is that day

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
It's always a local cop making the call, it just depends on how loud you're being and how miserable the cop is that day

The answer to the question, cause used this before.

Hey officer this is the way I bought the car. Ford would not sell me a car with illegal equipment ?

But if the car has wheelie bars, blower popping out of the hood ...... that one just might not work real well..

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I was the 🚔, my goal was to give a warning for almost everything if possible. Usually people would talk themselves into a ticket by being stupid and running their mouth. I would be as cool as they’d let me be. Get an attitude and it’s going downhill fast.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
OP
OP
FakeSimulation
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
I did the exact same thing; welded on the Steeda axle-backs.
Is there a difference between me getting a combination of a H- pipe with axle backs vs. just getting a full out cat back system?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I think it is the piping from the cats to the H/X pipe. I notice the full cat back systems cost more when compared to the same manufactors H/X pipe plus axle-back.

QUOTE="FakeSimulation, post: 3174803, member: 57818"]
Is there a difference between me getting a combination of a H- pipe with axle backs vs. just getting a full out cat back system?
[/QUOTE]

ArtieTheOneManParty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I'm considering the Steeda H pipe with my stock mufflers. Just curious, how does it sound on the highway at regular cruising speeds? Is it subdued in the car when not on the throttle, or would it be annoying on a longer highway trip?

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
It is subdued when cruising. I don't find it too loud inside when on the highway.

I'm considering the Steeda H pipe with my stock mufflers. Just curious, how does it sound on the highway at regular cruising speeds? Is it subdued in the car when not on the throttle, or would it be annoying on a longer highway trip?

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can have my radio volume on 3 or 4 and hear it fine. It’s not loud at all while cruising.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Yes price makes a difference, more about what you do not see.

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
I put the Steeda H-Pipe on my 2019 car and it sounded more raspy than the stock resonator and on deceleration with "Rev Matching ON" my car sounded like a 4 cylinder tractor so I removed it the same day and sold it.........BEAUTIFUL piece but not to my liking!! 🤔

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I put the Steeda H-Pipe on my 2019 car and it sounded more raspy than the stock resonator and on deceleration with "Rev Matching ON" my car sounded like a 4 cylinder tractor so I removed it the same day and sold it.........BEAUTIFUL piece but not to my liking!! 🤔
I found the stock mufflers to sound too tinny and shallow with the resonator gone. Only lasted about a month before going full after market exhaust. Current setup is my favorite so far on this car
Sponsored