Sponsored

Get rid of the Mustang?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You drive it more and for longer than many a yahoo here on this board. šŸ˜„

If you can hook up with a buddy who can drive you out 30 minutes toward say Sebring or roads that are mildly interesting you can spend a half hour of quality time in the driver seat. And the rest of the boring wasted time in the passenger
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't know whether lifting weights/working out/better diet can improve your condition, but I'm a big advocate of exercise and good diet improving a person's quality of life. If there's any chance at all that those changes might help, I say keep the Mustang and use it as motivation to improve rather than having physical limitations and problems for the rest of your life.

Good luck! I hope things go well for you.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Yeah I donā€™t let it bother me but I know this is the internet but sometimes people should just hold off on giving their 2 cents if they have nothing to say on something they know nothing about
Ride it out a bit. Great advice. Good luck, and I wish you great progress and look forward to you being out in the Mustang comfortably.

22MAVXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT
Thank you for your response. I didnā€™t want such a a big car. Plus I never driven an F150 so I donā€™t know how comfortable and easy the entry and exit will be. Donā€™t they sit much higher than the Explorer? I like the idea of a 5.0 because new exhaust could give me back the sound I love from my mustang.
Entry and exit are subjective. There are things you could do to help with that, such as lowering it. A lowered F150 with Coyote engine, CAI and nice exhaust and you basically have a Mustang in a truck chassis/body. If I didn't have a Mustang and lowered Maverick truck already I would definitely have the F150. But I don't need 2 trucks and I wouldn't want to mile up the F150. But I will be honest, if you love the Explorer ST that is what you should get IF you sell your Mustang. Those are badass SUVs for sure. A buddy of mine has one on coilovers and some Velgen wheels with some other goodies and it rips!

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Keep itā€¦.even if that means you just enjoy looking at it.
I was thinking about that but Iā€™m not that kind of people to just let a car sit and rot away. For now I will hold on to it until I see what the treatments can do for me. Maybe I can get some normality back in my life. Iā€™m really hoping for that but this autoimmune disorder tends to be very unforgiving when there are flare ups

Sponsored

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Back in 2001 I bought a loaded '98 GC with the 5.9 and I've loved them ever since. I'll rent them when I can. Not with the big engine of course but the comfort is great and nearly every brand has the technology.

Well I like how the Explorer ST drives and handles. Also itā€™s extremely easy to drive it with the extra options you can add to it. Iā€™m going to see how the Aviator feels but I do like the look

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
You drive it more and for longer than many a yahoo here on this board. šŸ˜„

If you can hook up with a buddy who can drive you out 30 minutes toward say Sebring or roads that are mildly interesting you can spend a half hour of quality time in the driver seat. And the rest of the boring wasted time in the passenger
Haha right now thatā€™s just a dream. My mobility has been very limited to avoid hurting myself but if everything goes well with treatment maybe that could happen.

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I don't know whether lifting weights/working out/better diet can improve your condition, but I'm a big advocate of exercise and good diet improving a person's quality of life. If there's any chance at all that those changes might help, I say keep the Mustang and use it as motivation to improve rather than having physical limitations and problems for the rest of your life.

Good luck! I hope things go well for you.
I actually worked out everyday before my health took a dive. I have lost over 50 pounds and at times itā€™s hard to grab door knobs and go upstairs. I have moved my bedroom to the spare bedroom we have on the 1st floor. Iā€™m extremely fatigued most of the day. My diet has always been good but for the past 2 or 3 months I have cut many meats and processed foods. It has helped with one of the symptoms which is rashes in more than 50% of my body it hasnā€™t changed the other symptoms that much. Iā€™m looking forward to see how the treatment will go for me.

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Entry and exit are subjective. There are things you could do to help with that, such as lowering it. A lowered F150 with Coyote engine, CAI and nice exhaust and you basically have a Mustang in a truck chassis/body. If I didn't have a Mustang and lowered Maverick truck already I would definitely have the F150. But I don't need 2 trucks and I wouldn't want to mile up the F150. But I will be honest, if you love the Explorer ST that is what you should get IF you sell your Mustang. Those are badass SUVs for sure. A buddy of mine has one on coilovers and some Velgen wheels with some other goodies and it rips!
I could do but still doesnā€™t change the fact that itā€™s a large vehicle plus I need space to carry my things around. The mustang was right as a daily until my issue but a car like the explorer meets my current needs with the stop and go cruise control, lane centering feature and the stop hold on red lights. It makes It less straining on me. When I drive the mustang Iā€™m extremely exhausted and heated after 20 to 30 minutes of driving it.

Sponsored

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I could do but still doesnā€™t change the fact that itā€™s a large vehicle plus I need space to carry my things around. The mustang was right as a daily until my issue but a car like the explorer meets my current needs with the stop and go cruise control, lane centering feature and the stop hold on red lights. It makes It less straining on me. When I drive the mustang Iā€™m extremely exhausted and heated after 20 to 30 minutes of driving it.
If it's just more driver assist you need, there's lots of options.

The 24 Mustang has those features.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I actually worked out everyday before my health took a dive. I have lost over 50 pounds and at times itā€™s hard to grab door knobs and go upstairs. I have moved my bedroom to the spare bedroom we have on the 1st floor. Iā€™m extremely fatigued most of the day. My diet has always been good but for the past 2 or 3 months I have cut many meats and processed foods. It has helped with one of the symptoms which is rashes in more than 50% of my body it hasnā€™t changed the other symptoms that much. Iā€™m looking forward to see how the treatment will go for me.
Really sorry to hear that. I'm glad you are trying things and I hope the treatment helps. Cutting meats is tough, because protein is very important. Hopefully you find new sources.

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Really sorry to hear that. I'm glad you are trying things and I hope the treatment helps. Cutting meats is tough, because protein is very important. Hopefully you find new sources.
I have cut mostly red meats but I still eat wild fish and organic chicken. I eat red meats maybe twice a month but only grass fed. As for processed foods, I have stopped eating them.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase