Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Hello everyone,

I need some advice. Just a few weeks ago I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder after almost a year of testing and health issues. I’m thinking of trading the mustang as it’s extremely hard getting in and out of the car as one of problems I’m having is muscle weakness and joint pain. While I don’t want to in the past 3 months I have only driven it 500 miles. I been driving my brothers Explorer ST with all the options. The stop and go cruise control and the actual lane centering makes it super simple to drive it on top it’s really easy on me and the entry and exit are not rough of me. My mustang is already paid for. So should I trade it or keep it. I really enjoy driving it with the windows because of the awesome sound the exhaust make and the looks I get when I drive it around but I can only bare like 20 to 30 minute drive before I can’t take it anymore. What should I do? When I was growing up I always dreamed of owning one and now that I do I’m torn about getting rid of it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
What is the long term out look on your diagnosis? If the future is bleak for you, then get rid of it. No sense keeping something you can't use or enjoy. But if there is a decent chance of improvement, then keep it, you may be able enjoy it again someday.

BTW, I don't want to or need to know your long term outlook, that is something you need to ask yourself to help you decide what to do. Best wishes.

22MAVXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT
I'd say if you want to keep it and can reasonably enjoy it, keep it. But if you are already thinking about getting rid of it, you may have already made up your mind? But I wouldn't trade it, I would sell it outright to Carmax or something like that. Unless the dealer offers the same allowance. But if you do get rid of it for a more comfortable vehicle, may I suggest a regular cab F150 with the Coyote engine. Those are hella fun, somewhat rare (around me anyway), and can be modified to look and run great!

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
What is the long term out look on your diagnosis? If the future is bleak for you, then get rid of it. No sense keeping something you can't use or enjoy. But if there is a decent chance of improvement, then keep it, you may be able enjoy it again someday.

BTW, I don't want to or need to know your long term outlook, that is something you need to ask yourself to help you decide what to do. Best wishes.
Thank you I appreciate your response. There’s no cure only treatment, doctor told me that he doesn’t know how I will react to treatment only time will tell. While I won’t be back to being my old self. Doctor said that if the treatment helps I could almost live a normal life.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Then I would say hold on to it until you know how the treatment is working for you. You'll regret it if the treatment works well and you already sold the car. You can always sell later if the treatment doesn't work.

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
First, I’m very sorry you’re ilI and I apologize in advance if this seems harsh. I don‘t mean it to be but the reality is that’s how it will come across.

Anyway, you’re asking a bunch of total strangers who know nothing about you for major life advice? Are you serious? This could be solved with little more than plain ol’ everyday walking around common sense. Failing that, surely you must have family and close friends who would be in a far better position to help you than strangers.

My advice would be to take this thread down and consult those close to you if you really can’t figure it out by yourself. It has nothing to do with Mustangs anyway-could be any car.

I wish you the best of luck. It’s a tough spot to be in.

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I'd say if you want to keep it and can reasonably enjoy it, keep it. But if you are already thinking about getting rid of it, you may have already made up your mind? But I wouldn't trade it, I would sell it outright to Carmax or something like that. Unless the dealer offers the same allowance. But if you do get rid of it for a more comfortable vehicle, may I suggest a regular cab F150 with the Coyote engine. Those are hella fun, somewhat rare (around me anyway), and can be modified to look and run great!
Thank you for your response. I didn’t want such a a big car. Plus I never driven an F150 so I don’t know how comfortable and easy the entry and exit will be. Don’t they sit much higher than the Explorer? I like the idea of a 5.0 because new exhaust could give me back the sound I love from my mustang.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Let me tell you that sometimes I have trouble getting in and out of my 2019. You mentioned that you drove your brother’s Explorer. The Explorer ST is a nice vehicle. If it helps you get in and out of it easier you can still have that nice punch with that motor. The F150 suggestion with the coyote is also a good choice. Best of luck with your treatment. I hope it works out well for you.

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Then I would say hold on to it until you know how the treatment is working for you. You'll regret it if the treatment works well and you already sold the car. You can always sell later if the treatment doesn't work.
that’s what my fear is that if everything goes well I will hate myself for getting rid of it. I have spend hours wrenching on the car and driving it before all this started to get worse. I had a talk with my brother and he doesn’t mind me using his car as he has a company truck that his company pays for the gas. Plus I work from home so I only drive like 100 miles a week now.

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
First, I’m very sorry you’re ilI and I apologize in advance if this seems harsh. I don‘t mean it to be but the reality is that’s how it will come across.

Anyway, you’re asking a bunch of total strangers who know nothing about you for major life advice? Are you serious? This could be solved with little more than plain ol’ everyday walking around common sense. Failing that, surely you must have family and close friends who would be in a far better position to help you than strangers.

My advice would be to take this thread down and consult those close to you if you really can’t figure it out by yourself. It has nothing to do with Mustangs anyway-could be any car.

While I disagree with what your saying. Not everyone here is a total stranger to me. I’m only asking for advice/ideas that my family nor close friends know much about because they aren’t car enthusiast. I honestly don’t know why I should take my post down? is it bothering you?

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
While I disagree with what your saying. Not everyone here is a total stranger to me. I’m only asking for advice/ideas that my family nor close friends know much about because they aren’t car enthusiast. I honestly don’t know why I should take my post down? is it bothering you?
If you don’t understand the point, no further clarification will help. No, it doesn’t bother me if you’re OK with it.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
that’s what my fear is that if everything goes well I will hate myself for getting rid of it. I have spend hours wrenching on the car and driving it before all this started to get worse. I had a talk with my brother and he doesn’t mind me using his car as he has a company truck that his company pays for the gas. Plus I work from home so I only drive like 100 miles a week now.
Sounds like you have your answer. :like:

BTW, I have an explorer ST as my daily, and it is currently faster in the quarter mile than my 17 gt convertible. Throw on a bigger intercooler, a tune, and some ethanol in the tank and hold on. That's all I did to mine and I have a best of a [email protected] mph and a 3.75 0-60

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Only you can decide what is best for you.
If having it will give you some joy in your declining health, or if treatment allows then keep it for a while.
If you're just done with worrying about it then look into alternatives that that meet your needs and still can provide some excitement/ joy. If an F150 is too much to climb into there are several SUV options with V8s and some sportiness. There are several Chrysler products (I'd love a Grand Cherokee with a hemi), some larger GMs - a 640hp Escalade is nothing to sneeze at. Then there are several luxury brands with V8s - both SUVs and very comfortable sedans. And every one can be had with all the driving options (lane control, etc) you seem to like.
Just because the Mustang is uncomfortable for you doesn't mean you have to give up performance.
Good luck with your treatment and your decision.

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like you have your answer. :like:

BTW, I have an explorer ST as my daily, and it is currently faster in the quarter mile than my 17 gt convertible. Throw on a bigger intercooler, a tune, and some ethanol in the tank and hold on. That's all I did to mine and I have a best of a [email protected] mph and a 3.75 0-60
But while your Explorer ST could be faster doesn’t sounds nearly as awesome as your Mustangs lol. I was reading on it and see that this things make power on simple mods and tune

Aks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ak
Vehicle(s)
2023 s550

Don't mind this poser. He is fully of negative comments for almost every posts.

As car enthusiast to one another it's ok to share and ask advices and opinions.

If u have very desirable mustang like Shelby, keep it. Find another cheap ride for comfort. If just regular mustang, trade it for explorer st or its sister aviator. However do consider explorer timberline also
Sponsored