Sponsored

Germany tired of Mustang

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
That comparison is spot on. The Aston cues have always been present in the Mustang since 2015 MY. Is $100,000 plus really worth it for that BMER?:coolphotos:
Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m sure they could, but then people would complain about the MSRP of the delivered vehicle.
That's no different to Audi, BMW, Mercedes etc, you get what you pay for. It really depends on Ford's target audience, how many cars they'll sell and how much profit they'll make. Do they go for low cost and high volume or low volume and high cost.

Martinnfb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP,
I see more Aston Martin than Mustang, particularly with that roof line, windows, and booty.
Good point, that would be also the reason why S550 looks the way it does. Ford owned Aston Martin for brief period of time. Robbed the cool design features and sold it. Genuine Ford features does not apply ethically , only legally :)

OP
OP
99Zeus99

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
For half the price, I'll deal with an inferior interior and align the gaps myself. Shims are cheap :)

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Do they go for low cost and high volume or low volume and high cost.
It's not a volume/cost thing, it's a quality/cost/content situation.

Price, content and quality. Pick two of the three, because you can't have all three. Ford goes with content and price, so quality suffers.

But.....it really only suffers in ways that aren't too difficult to accept. Some panel/paint issues, a cheap interior, and most of the rest of the car is fine.

Sponsored

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase

Price, content and quality. Pick two of the three, because you can't have all three. Ford goes with content and price, so quality suffers.

But.....it really only suffers in ways that aren't too difficult to accept. Some panel/paint issues, a cheap interior, and most of the rest of the car is fine.
Ah the "OLD" saying you get what you pay for. Still the cars at over 100K in price also sit in the repair bay area. Just like the lower priced units. Dont they? . Bottom line buyer , beware . In the 1980's they said American domestic car quality was inferior to imports. Is this still the same today. ? Just my two nickels , which should be a dollar due to years of inflation.:cheers:

Mhjr74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS, Ford Explorer
It looks different from the side profile. The hood has more of an incline.
Screenshot_20180711-124509_Samsung Internet-picsay.jpg

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Your arguments are valid except.......Even most Hyundai vehicles I see do not have the fitment issues our Mustangs have had.

It's about the pride of the person building the vehicle, the tools and time the manufacturer allows and ultimately what the manufacturer is willing to let out of their door as a representation of their brand.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

So what are we getting for the extra ÂŁ10k that Ford have slapped on the MY18 ?

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
They are not tired of seeing the Mustang on the Autobahn. You know that the Mustang was not offered over here until 2015. Mercedes are taxies over here so they are all over the place. The Mustang can't compete with the number of Mercedes, BMW, Audi and VW on the street at this time.

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, and I see Jesus.
Sorry but the last picture is invalid. Discontinued at the final design stage. Not enough torque and horsepower could be utilized efficiently with the redesigned drag coefficient. We do have one snaphot of the improved 1000 design. Much more stealthy as well. Packs a sweet punch at full throttle too.:cheers:
36811411_1894974787215800_4358908707518545920_n.jpg

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
So what are we getting for the extra ÂŁ10k that Ford have slapped on the MY18 ?
$10K?

Are you smoking son? Prices went up slightly, a few percentage points. The biggest price increase was the Performance Pack 1.

What improvements?

Direct injection
Revised transmission
Revised clutch
Revised shocks/struts
Revised front end.

And a ton of new options.

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase
$10K?

Are you smoking son? Prices went up slightly, a few percentage points. The biggest price increase was the Performance Pack 1.

What improvements?

Direct injection
Revised transmission
Revised clutch
Revised shocks/struts
Revised front end.

Hate to intervene , but i must be smoking with my last post. Now resume your argument. :cheers:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
$10K?

What improvements?

Direct injection
Revised transmission
Revised clutch
Revised shocks/struts
Revised front end.

In the UK they chucked ÂŁ10k (thats GBP not USD) on them and the mag ride and A10 are all extra's at i think ÂŁ1500 and ÂŁ1700 accordingly (don't know the exact price) and I'd want a discount for that revised front end not an increase.
Sponsored