Sponsored

Gen Z Car Buyers Aren't That Different from You and Me

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I thought the article would say something about what type of cars different generations prefer. Was disappointed. Can't say it surprises me if someone wants to drive before buying or hates negotiating.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I think the frustration in car buying is that the dealer experience hasn’t really changed with the times.

No one wants to go in and deal with sales rep, a TO if that rep doesn’t do a good job, a manager, a finance guy, etc. It honestly sucks the life out of me to deal with the theatrics of “I’ll have to run it by my manager” etc. The sales rep is literally useless (not saying this is a negative way) other than solely helping you find the right car and selling you on that vehicle. The sales manager is the buffer of you wanting the car and you getting the car, so if the managers are backed up you have to wait. Some dealers just dick you around and drag the process out.

The only thing that’s really changed is no-haggle pricing. However, this has created the baked in extra fees after the “low” vehicle price catches your attention, because it’s just that. Pricing isn’t upfront at all. Add in your tax, tag, title, dealer fees, market adjustments, dealer tack-ons and you’re looking at thousands of dollars extra. It’s all a game.

Online car buying won’t be the future because too many people want to see and experience what they’re going to purchase. I wouldn’t buy a car site unseen unless it was something ultra rare and I already knew regardless of what condition it may be, I want it. Otherwise, I want to inspect everything, drive it, listen for noises, check for damage etc.
Sponsored