Gen 5 whipple issues on auto 15-17

2017s550white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Hey Everyone, I am looking for help with a couple issues I’m having with my car. My first issue is when I’m in low RPM in my car and get on the gas my car hesitates and makes noise and doesn’t accelerate like normal. Also, my shifting from 1-2 is horrendous when cold start I know that I have rebuilt clutches (pbh) but it’s very hard shift as opposed to normal shifts. I’m assuming the second is just trans tuning as it’s a 6R80.
Sponsored

myfast70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Need more info, who did tune, who did install, were problems from install, was it fine then it wasn't, if the trans was rebuilt and tune not changed that will cause issues

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Hey Everyone, I am looking for help with a couple issues I’m having with my car. My first issue is when I’m in low RPM in my car and get on the gas my car hesitates and makes noise and doesn’t accelerate like normal. Also, my shifting from 1-2 is horrendous when cold start I know that I have rebuilt clutches (pbh) but it’s very hard shift as opposed to normal shifts. I’m assuming the second is just trans tuning as it’s a 6R80.
How is your throttle body? Do you have the stock whipple gasket on it? If so, maybe that could be your hesitation? Some people have had good results removing that gasket and using rtv to make the seal instead.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Who’s tune?

OP
OP

2017s550white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
How is your throttle body? Do you have the stock whipple gasket on it? If so, maybe that could be your hesitation? Some people have had good results removing that gasket and using rtv to make the seal instead.
132mm throttle body

Sponsored

OP
OP

2017s550white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
We did the RTV and replaced the “gasket” no change

OP
OP

2017s550white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Need more info, who did tune, who did install, were problems from install, was it fine then it wasn't, if the trans was rebuilt and tune not changed that will cause issues[/QUOTE
Need more info, who did tune, who did install, were problems from install, was it fine then it wasn't, if the trans was rebuilt and tune not changed that will cause issues
install was from a trusted friend who has built multiple supercharged mustangs, the trans got rebuilt by a dealership with PBH clutches.

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP / 2016 F150 Lariat / 2018 Jeep Rubicon
Did you check the TB voltages to make sure they are in spec? TPS2 on ngauge

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Datalog it, and send it to your tuner.

Sponsored

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
If its not Lund or PBD honestly, I would do some logs and have someone check them out. Lund and PBD are about the only places I trust now a days with tuning having had some nightmares with my Coyotes in the past.

OP
OP

2017s550white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Did you check the TB voltages to make sure they are in spec? TPS2 on ngauge
MpvI is what we are using don’t have an Ngage as it won’t be necessary as I don’t have fuel system to switch from 93 to ethanol. We have checked that I am ordering a purge valve through ford and seeing if that’s the issue. Trying to fix the hiccup for the throttle and hopefully adjust timing for the trans. My tuner and shop have been very helpful

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP / 2016 F150 Lariat / 2018 Jeep Rubicon
MpvI is what we are using don’t have an Ngage as it won’t be necessary as I don’t have fuel system to switch from 93 to ethanol. We have checked that I am ordering a purge valve through ford and seeing if that’s the issue. Trying to fix the hiccup for the throttle and hopefully adjust timing for the trans. My tuner and shop have been very helpful
Ah yeah. I actually replaced my purge valve bc I was having a weird startup issue - assumed it was a vacuum issue caused by the purge valve failure. Unfortunately, it didn't make a difference, but I do hear that they fail often. Cheap part, so worth a try.

OP
OP

2017s550white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Ah yeah. I actually replaced my purge valve bc I was having a weird startup issue - assumed it was a vacuum issue caused by the purge valve failure. Unfortunately, it didn't make a difference, but I do hear that they fail often. Cheap part, so worth a try.
Yeah I’ll know hopefully today, when ford redid my trans the dumbass didn’t push the connecting pipes in all the way so my whole exhaust fell of my car and now waiting on new contecting pipes since the ones I had were hit with a hammer and all messed up......