Gen 4 whipple sneak peak

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I understand being more efficient. My point was, where is the value for 4k? How MUCH more efficient is it? How MUCH are you really gaining? There is no good data showing a direct comparison. Can I make the same hp at 1psi less or 3 psi less? Or how much HP at the same psi. The data just isn't there to show what you get for $4k. If someone runs 10.0 at 13 psi, will they now run 9.9 for 4k? What I should have been more clear about is, for ME, I don't see anything to be gained if I can run low 9s on a Gen 2. Unless someone comes out with a real apple to apple comparison showing a significant gain, I'll keep the Gen 2 for quite a while.
Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
For me the gen 2 doesn't automatically become worthless or even less impressive with its capabilities because there's newer/ better out now, far from it. Still not denying there is significant gains with the new gen's, Whipple says 30-150hp for going from 2 to 3 and I expect more going to the 4, To me they are more trust worthy for data than any third party comparison, even if you factor in its their advertising. You aren't going to switch and find 0 gains is what i'm trying to say. Is it worth it when you compare to intake cams or other modifications IDK, but it is potentially a cost effective and certainly safe option with out needing to replace the short block to handle increased cylinder pressures when increasing power and working on improving your track times.

If the right offer for my gen 2 head unit came along, I'd switch to a newer gen and keep my 3.25" pulley on it to see what improvement it makes, and I'm sure you would too. I don't have much expectations for this happening to me, due to shipping from Hawaii and no local coyote owners in the market to avoid shipping. I'm still trying to figure out how to get my car, nearly identical to yours, near your results, traction problems more than lack of power problem. Its Proof enough for me the Gen 2 is capable enough for me and most other people. You'll get kicked out of most tracks with it before you reach its maximum potential, in a full weight car none the less. Whipple is always looking for more just like any other decent after market performance company. Some people just can't handle settling for anything but the best option available. Can't avoid thinking "what if?". They are capitalizing on that and good for them, and good for us.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I understand being more efficient. My point was, where is the value for 4k? How MUCH more efficient is it? How MUCH are you really gaining? There is no good data showing a direct comparison. Can I make the same hp at 1psi less or 3 psi less? Or how much HP at the same psi. The data just isn't there to show what you get for $4k. If someone runs 10.0 at 13 psi, will they now run 9.9 for 4k? What I should have been more clear about is, for ME, I don't see anything to be gained if I can run low 9s on a Gen 2. Unless someone comes out with a real apple to apple comparison showing a significant gain, I'll keep the Gen 2 for quite a while.
I guess it’s not really a $4k upgrade. The cost of the upgrade is the gap between the new blower and whatever you can get for your old one.
I agree completely that the data needs to be fairly transparent and useful.
Throwing numbers like 30-150hp gain doesn’t really tell us much about the shape of the curve, boost pressures, IAT change etc etc

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Buy one, run the car on the dyno, swap head units, and run it again same day. Post the results and i will send you 20 bucks.

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I would put $20 in to see that comparison.

Sponsored

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Buy one, run the car on the dyno, swap head units, and run it again same day. Post the results and i will send you 20 bucks.
I would if I ever upgrade. You would think someone would have shown this by now which makes me wonder why no tuner or even Whipple has done it and shown proof of a direct comparison scenario. But if I had $4k lying around it would go in the trans for now. I'm not dogging Whipple. Hell I love mine and just put the 10-rib kit on it without really being sure I would get a return on the investment. I just want to know what I'm getting in an upgrade and the data isn't out there.

Jbud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 gr
Where did this end up power wise with the gen 4? I'm deciding between upgrading to the 4, or just going gen 5.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Where did this end up power wise with the gen 4? I'm deciding between upgrading to the 4, or just going gen 5.
Gen 4 is slightly better than 3 =, but Gen 5 is a game changer.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Get the gen 5 and sell your gen 3
Sponsored