Sponsored

Gen 4 whipple sneak peak

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
All I'm saying is Gen3= Gen5 and Gen4= Gen6(when it comes), get the appropriate one for your model year.

The changes made for the 18+, was to get it to fit, and sell to that market, not to make a better supercharger. Other wise it would have been simpler and more cost effective to just market the upside down styles to the older models as an upgrade. Anything said about the gen5 you should compare with other superchargers in the 18+ market, not the Gen 3 or 4, they won't fit on the 18+.
Gen 3 and Gen 4 are very similar with the Gen an updated Gen 3. The Gen 5 is completely different. The 5 rotor pack shares nothing with the 4 or 3. I’m not sure what the Gen 6. 4/3 or 5/3 rotors???

I can tell you that the Gen 5 IS coming out for the 15-17. That from Dustin as well. I’m curious to see how it’s going to comapre to the Gen 4 and how it’s marketed. Is it going to come out as an “upgrade” from the Gen 4 or as a side by side model to choose your weapon.

Yes. It was designed to meet the needs of the 18+ models with DI and lower hoods, however, it is unclear how the rotor pack will cap are directly to the Gen 4 on the 15-17s.

All of them are awesome and do the job for sure. Like splitting hairs really. Which one is “bestest” and which one is right for you!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
While it may be confusing at times to why Whipple comes out with a Gen 3 then 4 so close together. Then a Gen 5 to eclipse the new Gen 4 not even released officially. I think it's really cool that they are always moving forward with new designs and technology for our cars. Investing in their own CNC rotor cuting machine in 2016 and recently adding another CNC machine I think has given them wings and vision to grow and design no holds bard.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Would be neat to find out if a gen 4 or gen 5 is better for the 15-17 motors. I want to upgrade mine as well, just waiting and hoping that we will get some information to determine which is the best upgrade. In the meantime I am still going to shoot for a 9 second pass with a dinosaur gen 2 and a chinese manual transmission. Lol

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I vote a big blower shootout!

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Well where are all the rich guys that can afford to try all the blowers out and then sell them off cheaply to someone like me.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Would be neat to find out if a gen 4 or gen 5 is better for the 15-17 motors. I want to upgrade mine as well, just waiting and hoping that we will get some information to determine which is the best upgrade. In the meantime I am still going to shoot for a 9 second pass with a dinosaur gen 2 and a chinese manual transmission. Lol
Be nice to see u at one of track days this season.

OniVita

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matar
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang S550 PP
After all of the new Gen threads, now I feel so depressed owning a Gen 2 lol

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Just got the Gen 4 on the road and already Jonesing for the Gen 5 3.0L that’s coming out for the 10-17.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I was feeling bad about having a gen 2 but I’m already pushing the stock motor to the limit now at 16 psi. Not sure there is really much to be gained by upgrading at this point.

Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I was feeling bad about having a gen 2 but I’m already pushing the stock motor to the limit now at 16 psi. Not sure there is really much to be gained by upgrading at this point.
Are you on E85?

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Yep

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Sure there is. The newer generation blowers are more efficient so the motor doesn't have to work as hard to spin it... at 16psi I bet it would pick up a ton.

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
Well an upgrade would still be good because you would make more power at 16 psi. Or you can make the same power at a lower psi. Or make more power at a lower psi, you never know.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Think of it as freeing up horsepower, making better use of the cylinder pressure you are already generating.
Sponsored