Gen 4 whipple sneak peak

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
huh? you cant compare compression to boost psi LOL!!

yes I know well what the engine differences are between the gen2 and gen3 coyote engines are ive owned both.

I will agree with you on the compressor map info.

Same reason why it drives me absolutely bonkers when vendors say "custom spec cams" without releasing the specs.

Same goes for ported heads.
Its a pretty crude method, but as you can see the effect on cylinder pressure between compression and boost is an exponential one.
compression vs airpressure.PNG
Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Read above I had to edit. Going off your sig pic if you havnt drove a gen3 A10 car you need to!!

TQ difference is instantly noticeable and A10 is excellent!

I can only imagine a FI A10 setup.

Personally Ill be swingimg for 10s Allll Motor.

NA setups running 10s impress me wayyyyyyy more than a mega buck FI setup slapped on running 10s lol!!

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Its a pretty crude method, but as you can see the effect on cylinder pressure between compression and boost is an exponential one.
compression vs airpressure.PNG

NO! just No!

Saying X psi is = to X compression is completely pointless.

What if one had better exhaust? what if one had better flowing heads? what if one had a better intake? what if one had more timing?

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
The hush hush on not putting a gen5 on the 2015-2017 gen2 engines makes zero sense to me.

It will physically fit and all a guy would have to do is buy a tuner kit and have someone like Palm Beach Dyno do the rest. A gen5 CAN be made to work on a gen2 engine, problem is the kit would have to be a la carte LOL.

The point im trying to make is whipple refused to support the gen5 for the previous gen2 engines on the 2015/2017 cars.

I asked and begged and pleaded for them to make the gen5 "backwards compatible"

They said they wouldnt support the whipple software for gen5 on a gen2 coyote engine.

Whoopdie do let PBD or AED, or Lund take care of that.

For the record there is a reason my sig name is Notagain........ Apparently Vendors dont like being called out and I may or may not have been banned a few times in the past thus a new Sig name.

Butttttt Aww shit look what youve made me do now Ive blown my cover.

Some people that have been around may know my previous Sig Names.

Its also a pet peeve of mine when Vendors over run the FI and Bolt on sections for their own advertisements and company gain.....

Ill just leave things at that.
I think very simply Whipple was overwhelmed with getting out the new Gen 5 design for the 18's to market to compete with Roush, Maggy and Edlebrock, even KB couldn't keep up with the pace. At the same time whipple was expanding into design and manufacturing their own rotors and parts so many things where going on at once. I visited Whipple April 2016 and they had just received their first CNC rotor cutting machine and were looking for an engineer to run it. The learning curve and step up in their company footprint on the twin screw industry was a large leap forward.

The Gen 3 and 4 are significant and worthy improvements to the tried and true 2.9L front feed Gen 2 top mount platform and likely was kept on the table for not only practical reasons of design that works, but also it's what most of us are used to. Many people I know aren't really hot about the new design of Gen 5 even though it has technological advancements over the Gen 2,3 and 4. Sometimes it's a matter of perspective with these things, and I must admit I've had really good relationship and results with Whipple so far so I would tend to see the positive in Whipple design and business model.

I still think with all that's going with the advancements in engine design and OEM ECU complexity, Whipple a smaller company when compared to Roush, Edlebrock and such has done an admirable job of competing in this market. They are always offering one of the best and most powerful twin screw systems period.

bosshoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt premium
I think very simply Whipple was overwhelmed with getting out the new Gen 5 design for the 18's to market to compete with Roush, Maggy and Edlebrock, even KB couldn't keep up with the pace. At the same time whipple was expanding into design and manufacturing their own rotors and parts so many things where going on at once. I visited Whipple April 2016 and they had just received their first CNC rotor cutting machine and were looking for an engineer to run it. The learning curve and step up in their company footprint on the twin screw industry was a large leap forward.

The Gen 3 and 4 are significant and worthy improvements to the tried and true 2.9L front feed Gen 2 top mount platform and likely was kept on the table for not only practical reasons of design that works, but also it's what most of us are used to. Many people I know aren't really hot about the new design of Gen 5 even though it has technological advancements over the Gen 2,3 and 4. Sometimes it's a matter of perspective with these things, and I must admit I've had really good relationship and results with Whipple so far so I would tend to see the positive in Whipple design and business model.

I still think with all that's going with the advancements in engine design and OEM ECU complexity, Whipple a smaller company when compared to Roush, Edlebrock and such has done an admirable job of competing in this market. They are always offering one of the best and most powerful twin screw systems period.
so can the 2.9 gen 2 be swapped for the gen 4 rotors with good gains...sorry robo just want to clear this up...since this is what the threads about... I love my 2.9 with 3.625 and 719/602w...i like the old design a lot better too..with this simple swap we,d (i) 2.9ers would have some of both worlds ...l@@ks and power...letz do dis

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Gen4 rotors won’t help a Gen2 and Whipple won’t do that change over.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
This is from Dustin Whipple on the Gen 2 conversion.

Rotors fit in all housings. Housings are different so that could be machined in to some degree, but not 100% because material needs to be added, which g3 and g4 housings have. Financially speaking, it makes no sense except for CJ’s because the rules only allow older housing.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
When you going to the Dyno? I need one for my car lol

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
So GEN 5 in the making for 2015 and up =) Congrats Shawn

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Thanks for the info.

I’ve been searching the Whipple site but it leaves a lot to be desired. I can’t find any real info on the Gen 4 or Gen 5. Small amounts on the Gen 3 but the pics all look like the older Gen 2.

Could be me, but i find the site really difficult to get info from.

I must say though, in the pics I’ve seen in this forum, I really LOVE the looks of the Gen 5 over the 3 and way more than the 2. It just looks wider and meaner somehow.

With that said, is there a Gen 5 kit for the 2016? Then the optional things...

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I’m thinking bout a 2650 TVS to be completely honest...
More data required.
M122 on a 5.7 Chev (can we mention Chev here?) is hilarious fun. :cwl:
M122 is a total turd. I couldn’t throw mine in the trash fast enough on my GT500.

Way too much heat generated with anything over 11 psi.

No thanks

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible