OP
OP
erikkire18

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
well guys went to the dyno today and it was disappointment hahaa first pull was on 12lbs revved out to 65K. second pull was on 14lbs but charge pipe blew off around 55k. put better clamps but same issue on 3rd pull. went back to 12lbs on the last pull but it my have over boosted? Not sure what the problem is. sent logs to lund and will see what they say monday. these numbers are ok i guess. gotta see what the issue might be

IMG_0569.jpg
Sponsored

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Wow. Is there a boost gauge in the car? Had to have all the boost on those 3rd and 4th pulls. They also look like a couple other hellion results posted recently that fall off way too soon.

OP
OP
erikkire18

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
yah the boost controller reads the boost level and i have it set to 10,12, and 14 pounds right now. not sure if its going to overbost or something but that last pull on 12lbs, the charge pipe stayed on. maybe the solenoid on the boost controller is messed up? boost leak?

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
There’s no way the 3rd and 4th pulls were making the same boost as the 1st/2nd.

OP
OP
erikkire18

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
no the first pull ws on 12 lbs and the 2nd on 14lbs, charge pipe blew off on second pull so we got the charge pipe back on with better clamps and went back to 14lbs. on the last pull we went back down to 12lbs, not sure why it made similar power to 14lbs

Sponsored

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
no the first pull ws on 12 lbs and the 2nd on 14lbs, charge pipe blew off on second pull so we got the charge pipe back on with better clamps and went back to 14lbs. on the last pull we went back down to 12lbs, not sure why it made similar power to 14lbs
Gotcha, but clearly looking at the graph, you can see that it made way more boost than you think on the third and fourth pulls, right?
No way it just made all that power at the same boost level. Either that or it made way less than you think on the first 2, but those numbers seem to be inline with what would be expected IMO.

OP
OP
erikkire18

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
Gotcha, but clearly looking at the graph, you can see that it made way more boost than you think on the third and fourth pulls, right?
No way it just made all that power at the same boost level. Either that or it made way less than you think on the first 2, but those numbers seem to be inline with what would be expected IMO.
yes correct, 3rd pull was on 14lbs (thats what the boost controller is set too) and the 4th pull I brought it back down to 12lbs since the charge pipe was well secured. But by the looks of it, the boost controller maybe didn't work? maybe it over boosted, it might be the solenoid i have to replace or a boost leak. Hopefully lund can see on the logs

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
well guys went to the dyno today and it was disappointment hahaa first pull was on 12lbs revved out to 65K. second pull was on 14lbs but charge pipe blew off around 55k. put better clamps but same issue on 3rd pull. went back to 12lbs on the last pull but it my have over boosted? Not sure what the problem is. sent logs to lund and will see what they say monday. these numbers are ok i guess. gotta see what the issue might be

IMG_0569.jpg
Are the charge pipes bead rolled on the ends? Are hou using worm clamps or t-bar clamps?

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
yes correct, 3rd pull was on 14lbs (thats what the boost controller is set too) and the 4th pull I brought it back down to 12lbs since the charge pipe was well secured. But by the looks of it, the boost controller maybe didn't work? maybe it over boosted, it might be the solenoid i have to replace or a boost leak. Hopefully lund can see on the logs
You may have had the controller set to 14 but it was probably making 30psi LOL. Hopefully you get it dialed soon!

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Really weird graphs on the high boost pulls, your ideal shift point would be ridiculously low like 5900 rpm, seems like losing boost above 5500 idk why

OP
OP
erikkire18

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
You may have had the controller set to 14 but it was probably making 30psi LOL. Hopefully you get it dialed soon!

Yes sir! Lund said my cycle duty is off haha gotta fix the cycle duty on my boost controller. Gotta look online on how to do it

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I don't know how your eboost controller works, but on my Boostleash, you don't set it to say 12 psi and expect 12 lbs of boost. If I set it to 12 psi, its adding 12 psi to the top of the wastegates holding them closed longer. So for instance, on wastegate pressure without the boost controller, I see 8lbs of boost. If I add 5 psi using the boost controller, I end up seeing 12 lbs of boost. If I add 10 psi using the boost controller I see 16 lbs of boost. Its not a 1 for 1 correlation. You have to figure out how much to add to the top of the wastegate to get your desired boost reading.

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
It seemed to like all the boost until about 5500 rpm, lol.
Almost 1000 ft/lbs, goes to show what a stock Coyote can take for a pull or two anyhow :)
I bet the trans was like WTF is going on here?
Sponsored