crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't post the entire TSB, but it does say if the symptoms they outline exist, the procedure is to replace the primary timing chain tensioners. This is nice because unlike the tick TSB, they do outline an issue, a faulty component, and the steps to fix it.
Oof, not the tensioners again. I found a TSB for another high pitched whine noise that started happening in my coyote and the issue was the tensioner. I called my dealership with the TSB and the issue and they didn't care and said that "they couldn't hear it".
Maybe I'll look for someone else to work on it.
Sponsored

ApplesAndOranges

Dare to compare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Oof, not the tensioners again. I found a TSB for another high pitched whine noise that started happening in my coyote and the issue was the tensioner. I called my dealership with the TSB and the issue and they didn't care and said that "they couldn't hear it".
Maybe I'll look for someone else to work on it.
I'm going to delete my last post because I commented on your comment thinking about the timing chain chirp TSB, not the knock TSB.

You're absolutely right, the knock TSB does not offer any explanation of the source of the issue.

Milton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sqeekywheel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt premium PP1
Listened to the video and sounds just like my 2020 Gt. Haven't taken a stethoscope to it yet to confirm. The Tsb for the diesel knock from Ford actually has a video attachment to it with an f150 showcasing the bell like clatter heard from the exterior side of the vehicle. I'm thinking ford uses an f150 because the exhaust is quieter than a mustang.

Last edited:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The OP's engine sounds perfectly normal IMO. A bit noisier than mine (mine is one of the quietest Coyotes I've heard), but with the engine cover on, and hood closed, probably sounds like my engine, since mine didn't come with an engine cover. And yes, it's the DI pump on the right side.

Milton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sqeekywheel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt premium PP1
The OP's engine sounds perfectly normal IMO. A bit noisier than mine (mine is one of the quietest Coyotes I've heard), but with the engine cover on, and hood closed, probably sounds like my engine, since mine didn't come with an engine cover. And yes, it's the DI pump on the right side.
Im hoping it is the DI pump and Hp injectors. I find when I playback videos I make of my engine running it sounds worse than it is. As for the space ship engine cover it looks better hanging on my garage wall. Thanks for the post.
Sponsored