OP
OP
Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
my 2019 gt pp1 with 6800 miles had the motor replaced bone stock after the number 7 cylinder caved in. This is not uncommon at all, I have worked for ford for 14 years and have seen alot of 18+ coyotes with blown motors, you can find alot about it documented online if you dig in.
Your one of very few then... Congrats. Most of the replacements as stated where for tick or rattle. Out of the thousands out there non blown the % is no different than any other gas performance motor. You show me all the data/documentation expert. If I really have to dig for it that proves my point...

I have 10 year/100k powertrain, not worried in the least. ;).
Sponsored

atomicpunk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Bone stock 2020, just got my car back from dealer last week after engine replacement. 4480 miles started missing, check engine light came on. pulled the codes- only running on 5 cylinders. Dealer found #8 cylinder wall scored and puddle of oil on top of piston. Car had 53 miles on it when I picked it up and had the knocking, slap, rattle, ticking whatever you want to label it from day 1 and drank almost 5 quarts of oil. New engine has about 200 miles on it now with no noise at all so far.

OP
OP
Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I also have a neighbor that had to replace his motor on his stock 17 GT @ 5k miles. Did he get on the forums/boobtube and scream ford gen2 coyote motors suck...? No.

PistolPete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1, 2008 Dodge Ram Hemi, 2009 Honda Accord
Subscribing. I have a 18' that I bought used with 11k on it and noticed the tick shortly after. Seems to only do it when cold though. I am itching to e85 tune it but don't want to lose my 7yr/100k warranty or my motor either...

Sponsored

BiancoV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1969 Torino GT
Ok, I am actually tired of all the bad press caused by current and earlier drama queens bailing due to ticking and or rattle. Who has experienced actual engine failure on stock or aftermarket tuning?? Blown motors. No boost (supercharger, turbo, nitrous) scenarios please. It has been almost 2.5 years since gen3 coyote came out there has yet to be a dedicated thread for this horrible engine. ;).

So if you got it, post it up with pictures and real life service documentation. Most of these motors should be still under 3/36 and 5/60 powertrain warranty. Go...
We need a thread about Gen 3 Coyote love!

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
Heard the tick is present for most after the 1st oil change, lead me to believe ford are using at the factory a specific oil additives or different grade to muffler this noise.
On my part, i have a 2018 with 700 kilometers on the odo and still have the factory oil break-in inside im about to flush it soon, but the engine is silent like a ninja. I really tried hard to hear anything close to the passenger wheel but its not making any at all.

I can tell you after flushing if the rumors are true.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
you guys are way too paranoid about the tick. i had the tick for all 160k+ miles of my 2012 GT and beat the ever living hell out of it, and the engine never skipped a beat

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
you guys are way too paranoid about the tick. i had the tick for all 160k+ miles of my 2012 GT and beat the ever living hell out of it, and the engine never skipped a beat
Im a firm believer that the coyote engine are just noisy as is and depending on what oil you use it can just amplify it or not. Even if its made from a mold theyre not all twins. Always some variables and from 1 to another you have defects and damage here and there. Its normal

For every car brand there is pros and cons
Sponsored