Gen 3 2.9L whipple dyno results

cmxenon3333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey guys, here's what she put down on the dyno. Here is some info on my car. Gen 2 coyote, MT82, stock clutch, 2.9L gen 3 whipple as stated above, fore level 1, 10 rib kit, Lund tuned. I'm still experiencing belt slip. Seems to be relatively mild. Here is the dyno slip, started in 5th gear and the dyno could only go to 160mph(that's why the pull stops at 6100 rpm). Bare that in mind. It's on a mustang dyno as well. Is this a realistic number? Or should it be higher/lower? Let me know what you guys think.
dyno.jpg
Sponsored

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Very nice.... congrats! Good to know there is a dyno shop not to far from me (I hour)

Sponsored

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey guys, here's what she put down on the dyno. Here is some info on my car. Gen 2 coyote, MT82, stock clutch, 2.9L gen 3 whipple as stated above, fore level 1, 10 rib kit, Lund tuned. I'm still experiencing belt slip. Seems to be relatively mild. Here is the dyno slip, started in 5th gear and the dyno could only go to 160mph(that's why the pull stops at 6100 rpm). Bare that in mind. It's on a mustang dyno as well. Is this a realistic number? Or should it be higher/lower? Let me know what you guys think.
These are great results! Are you on pump gas or ethanol? And to your point - on average - Mustang dyno's read slightly lower than Dynojet. Of course, the key with any dyno is always the before and after (baseline to mods) - as I know dyno's can be configured to anything - but these are solid numbers for the mods you listed - congrats!

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
What pulley size and boost level are you running? is it 93 or e85?

OP
OP

cmxenon3333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Very nice.... congrats! Good to know there is a dyno shop not to far from me (I hour)
Thats awesome man! Happy to see someone that's local to me! I'd recommend these guys 100%. The best shop to deal with around. They're experts when it comes to anything really.

OP
OP

cmxenon3333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Solid numbers! If you are experiencing belt slip combating that may help give you some more!
Thank you so much! Yeah I'm gonna run it once more on the dyno once I conquer that. Just gonna try and tighten my manual tensioner up

OP
OP

cmxenon3333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Congrats. Whipple 2.9 is sweet.
Thank you very much! It's appreciated a ton! It's a nice platform but was very finicky with me at first. E85 woke it right up honestly. Dusting on my pullies is what I'm going by as far as an indication of slip

Sponsored
OP
OP

cmxenon3333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
These are great results! Are you on pump gas or ethanol? And to your point - on average - Mustang dyno's read slightly lower than Dynojet. Of course, the key with any dyno is always the before and after (baseline to mods) - as I know dyno's can be configured to anything - but these are solid numbers for the mods you listed - congrats!
Thank you so much for your support! Yeah definitely, it's important to get a baseline because some dynos read much different than others. As far as the configuration goes, you could definitely change how the #s appear on the same dyno. Yes it's on E85(One ethanol 112 octane)

OP
OP

cmxenon3333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
What pulley size and boost level are you running? is it 93 or e85?
3.25 pulley, 15.5lbs plus the 10 rib kit gives another half pound of boost or so. around 16 lbs in total. As per the fuel, it's on E85(one ethanol 112 octane)

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
800@6100is very solid .
imagine what it would make with an additional 2000 rpm!!!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, How many pounds of boost?

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Thank you so much! Yeah I'm gonna run it once more on the dyno once I conquer that. Just gonna try and tighten my manual tensioner up
Have you looked up Griptec pullies yet? They destroy belt slip lol
Sponsored