Gear Pump Deal

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Great Deal on Mocal 17311 gear driven pump for trans/diff for you '15/16 guys without coolers. Regularly $300, with discount RPWLOVE now until Feb 14th, it's $257, no tax, free shipping. Already has brass 8AN male fittings attached and comes with a bracket with rubber insulators to reduce vibration. Shows white in the pic on their website, but it's actually black-
https://www.racerpartswholesale.com/product/MocalElectricFluidPump/Differential_Cooler_Pump

I am using this for my trans cooler, very quiet, can only hear it if ALL of these conditions are met: car stopped, at idle, windows up, radio off and A/C off. It then sounds similar to the noise when you turn on the A/C on low.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Great Deal on Mocal 17311 gear driven pump for trans/diff for you '15/16 guys without coolers. Regularly $300, with discount RPWLOVE now until Feb 14th, it's $257, no tax, free shipping. Already has brass 8AN male fittings attached and comes with a bracket with rubber insulators to reduce vibration.

I am using this for my trans cooler, very quiet, can only hear it if ALL of these conditions are met: car stopped, at idle, windows up, radio off and A/C off. It then sounds similar to the noise when you turn on the A/C on low.
AWESOME :thumbsup: Thanks Ryan!
Is this directly through Mocal?

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Great Deal on Mocal 17311 gear driven pump for trans/diff for you '15/16 guys without coolers. Regularly $300, with discount RPWLOVE now until Feb 14th, it's $257, no tax, free shipping. Already has brass 8AN male fittings attached and comes with a bracket with rubber insulators to reduce vibration.

Great info, thanks. When you say it comes with a bracket, does that mean it has everything needed to mount in the wheel well? I placed an order for the RBRacing pump, but after their initial email saying they received the order, they haven't gotten back to me to complete the ordering process, and it's been over a week.

OP
OP
rb92gt

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Great info, thanks. When you say it comes with a bracket, does that mean it has everything needed to mount in the wheel well? I placed an order for the RBRacing pump, but after their initial email saying they received the order, they haven't gotten back to me to complete the ordering process, and it's been over a week.
No, it is in no way specific for install in our car, I bought this aluminum plate from Amazon for $10 ( http://a.co/1w4TAVQ ), cut it to size with a jigsaw, drilled four ¼ in holes, painted it black, and used four 3in long ¼ in SS bolts/washers/locknuts to secure it. I had planned on getting the RBracing pump as well, but this one has the same stats and is cheaper, with 8AN fittings already installed.

I attached a few pics, ended up placing the pump under the car just inside of the wheel. I actually cut about 2 in off the corner of the front lower shield so I could get the pump mounted as far forward as possible, so it is close to in line with the axis of the wheel rather than behind it. Even with the wheel turned to full lock to right, the wheel can't kick anything at the pump and it is at least 6 inches from the wheel. This location is more serviceable than in the wheel well, no need to remove wheel and wheel liner to get to it. If you do this, just be aware the starter is close to this location and you want to leave enough room for it to be removed someday without having to remove the cooler pump or lines.

The second pic is what the gears and preinstalled AN8 fittings look like. No need to remove the plate to see the gears like this, I was just swapping the bracket that came with it in different positions trying to find the best fit, ended up installing it the way it came, lol.

The third pic is the rear section of lines after I modified them. The shorter one in the pic was actually the longer one initially. I would recommend not cutting it so short, leave about 4-6inches more on it, as you can see it is tucked up pretty far in my car and hard to tighten the 90 degree AN fitting there, but after all said and done, very close to pump and clean install. I ended up using four female AN8 fittings: one straight, one 45 deg, one 90 deg, and one 180deg. The 180 degree is on the inlet of the pump behind it in the pic. The straight fitting is going from the longer hardline to the drain of the transmission. Then I have two 90 deg 1/2NPT to 8AN hoseline for connections at the transmission, and two ½ in hardline to 8an male at the transitions from hardline to braided SS hose.

Transmission fluid flows from the transmission drain point to the cooler, to the pump, back to the fill point of the transmission. This way to pump doesn't ever get overheated (although this is a great pump, rated to a very high temp).

I added a pic of some tools I used as well, a metal tubing cutter cut the hard line very cleanly, but requires room to spin the tool around the tube, so will need to remove one of the two brackets on the lines to give room. The easiest way to cut braided SS hose line cleanly is with a 4.5inch cutting wheel/angle grinder. Place a steel hose clamp on the hose, secure the hose in a vice with AN fitting vise jaws, then cut with the cutoff wheel right up against the clamp, remove the clamp, good to go. If any fray wire may still need to use wire cutters here and there so it's easier to get into the AN fitting.
Pump.jpg
gears.jpg
lines.jpg
pump2.jpg
electrical.jpg
Tools.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
rb92gt

rb92gt

Threads