Sponsored

gear knob thread

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I need to fit a nut to my gear shaft to stop the new knob going down too far and stopping the lock out collar (it didn't come with one) does anyone know what thread / diameter it is so I can find a nut that fits to act as a lock
Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
I need to fit a nut to my gear shaft to stop the new knob going down too far and stopping the lock out collar (it didn't come with one) does anyone know what thread / diameter it is so I can find a nut that fits to act as a lock
Should come with a nut it's in the fitting instructions

Wilbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I used blue thread lock with my gt350 gear knob seems to work well never had a problem with it moving,

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I used blue thread lock with my gt350 gear knob seems to work well never had a problem with it moving,
Same...blue loctite i think i have. There is a cjpp tutorial that explains about not threading a shift knob too far. Spin it so the bottom of the shift knob is level with the top of the lockout thing, then go 3 x more rotations. Once the loctite sets (overnight) it will be fine n dandy

Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
The cue ball one he's bought looks like mine with a pony logo instead of ford racing. Hence him asking about the locking nut. With mine you wind the locking nut down the shaft a specified distance (I think it's 15.3mm) and and loctite it then you then wind down the shift knob to the nut.

[MENTION=26439]hinch[/MENTION] I'm meeting Stewart this week over your way. I can copy you the instructions if needed and at the same time you can sort that bit of business out with Stewart?

OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
The cue ball one he's bought looks like mine with a pony logo instead of ford racing. Hence him asking about the locking nut. With mine you wind the locking nut down the shaft a specified distance (I think it's 15.3mm) and and loctite it then you then wind down the shift knob to the nut.

[MENTION=26439]hinch[/MENTION] I'm meeting Stewart this week over your way. I can copy you the instructions if needed and at the same time you can sort that bit of business out with Stewart?
I don't need instructions and won't get chance to go buy a nut until next weekend :)
But i'll come meet him with you won't know if he's found the 4th spring until tomorrow when he's had chance to ring the garage :)

Just can't do monday/tuesday as car going in to garage for warrant stuff won't get it back until tuesday evening.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
I don't need instructions and won't get chance to go buy a nut until next weekend :)
But i'll come meet him with you won't know if he's found the 4th spring until tomorrow when he's had chance to ring the garage :)

Just can't do monday/tuesday as car going in to garage for warrant stuff won't get it back until tuesday evening.
OK lemme know if he's got it said I'd meet him one day this week early evening can be whenever. :thumbsup:
Sponsored