Sponsored

Gear Change from: 4.11 (Rear Gear) to: 4.56 in my GT350

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I never had a problem with drone. I assume you changed the exhaust?
I guess I should test it out at that RPM with the valves shut...

On my old GT, it could definitely get droney at that RPM with the Borla.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I guess I should test it out at that RPM with the valves shut...

On my old GT, it could definitely get droney at that RPM with the Borla.
Pretty sure the valves are going to be shut if you're in 6th gear cruising. They open in 1-5, but close in 6th AFAIK.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Pretty sure the valves are going to be shut if you're in 6th gear cruising. They open in 1-5, but close in 6th AFAIK.
Right, I'm saying I should test it out in 5th.

Right now to get to 2681rpm in 6th, I'd have to set the cruise to about 90. :shock:

Sponsored

M.A.N.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ranger 2018 F-150 2014 GT500
John can you tell me what year your car is and does it have the cross traffic and blind spot detection system [ don't know if it will make a difference ], I have bought a new 2019 GT350 and it has it. I was wondering if a gear change would cause a problem.

Why I ask and I know it maybe different on the GT350, but I just traded a 2019 Bullitt in on the GT350. I had changed the gear to a 4.09 in it and it screwed up everything lol. Before I got out of the driveway I got default for cross traffic, blind spot, hill side assist, couldn't change drive modes and by the time you got to about 30 mph you would get the wrench in the dash [ see service manual ].

Anyway long story short after talking with several places and FP, I could not find any fix for it [ maybe a tune ]. I did try changing the hex in the BCM but that didn't do anything. So I had to change it back to the 3.73. Cleared the codes again, everything went back to normal.

I really liked the 4.09 in it and still have them and would love to put them in the GT350, but it would be really nice to know that it wouldn't be a problem like it was in the Bullitt before I did it.

Maybe someone else has changed theirs, like to here some feed back before I try it. Thanks

OP
OP
JohnVallo

JohnVallo

1 5 4 8 3 7 2 6
Threads
Reaction score
Website
racersreunion.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Shadow Black, Whipple Supercharged
John can you tell me what year your car is and does it have the cross traffic and blind spot detection system [ don't know if it will make a difference ], I have bought a new 2019 GT350 and it has it. I was wondering if a gear change would cause a problem.

Why I ask and I know it maybe different on the GT350, but I just traded a 2019 Bullitt in on the GT350. I had changed the gear to a 4.09 in it and it screwed up everything lol. Before I got out of the driveway I got default for cross traffic, blind spot, hill side assist, couldn't change drive modes and by the time you got to about 30 mph you would get the wrench in the dash [ see service manual ].

Anyway long story short after talking with several places and FP, I could not find any fix for it [ maybe a tune ]. I did try changing the hex in the BCM but that didn't do anything. So I had to change it back to the 3.73. Cleared the codes again, everything went back to normal.

I really liked the 4.09 in it and still have them and would love to put them in the GT350, but it would be really nice to know that it wouldn't be a problem like it was in the Bullitt before I did it.

Maybe someone else has changed theirs, like to here some feed back before I try it. Thanks
Mike,
My GT350 is a 2016 (Doesn't have the: blind spot detection) Honestly I have not heard of that problem before. What the heck...
I have had both 4.11, and 4.56 in my car with absolutely no problems throwing codes. I too could change the Gear Ratio setting in the BCM with Forscan, but did not affect anything.
Please keep us informed if you find out anything more on this subject.

M.A.N.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mike,
My GT350 is a 2016 (Doesn't have the: blind spot detection) Honestly I have not heard of that problem before. What the heck...
I have had both 4.11, and 4.56 in my car with absolutely no problems throwing codes. I too could change the Gear Ratio setting in the BCM with Forscan, but did not affect anything.
I may not find out anything else on it as I traded it in on the GT350.
I think the Bullitt was just different, even when I spoke with FP they was tell me that they was coming out in April with some type of performance kit for the GT mustang that would include
a program for a gear change, but while he was reading it to me he seen it said except Bullitt. I just know changing the gear in a Bullitt won't work without something being done to it.

I hope I see where someone changed the gear in a car like I have without any trouble. If not I will try it anyway, with what you have done sounds like it maybe just fine, I hope so because I want to change it.

Just looks like a little more work then the Bullitt, [with the cooler], especially if you have to change it back. lol

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
So there is no need to tune or manually correct your vehicle if you go with 4.56 gears? It will do it automatically assuming you keep your stock wheel and tire size?

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
This mod should retain the power train warranty if no tune is required?

Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Go see Earls videos what happens to your warranty when you mess with the rear diff and it gets messed up.

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Who is Earl?

M.A.N.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mike,
If anyone is interested I just changed the gear in my 2019 GT350 to 4.09 with no issues, just like John said.

I was worried there may have been a problem with the 2019 [ with all the issues the Bullitt had when I changed it ].

But this turned out great, install and drive.

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Does going up one set of gears make a big enough difference? I would think two or more would be noticeable.
Sponsored