Sponsored

Gas Tank Sloshing/Front Wheel Whine

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
So I've already come across a few issues.

Base Ecoboost manual with the performance pack at 500 miles.

I've started to hear a whine coming from the front passenger wheel well. It isn't affected by braking, accelerating, or decelerating. Having the clutch engaged or not doesn't matter. The whine comes on anywhere between 10 - 20 mph, and stays pretty constant all the way up to 80. I'm not sure if this is a result from my winter Dunlop tires (but none of the other 3 are doing it), or a bad wheel hub. I've just emailed my salesman to schedule an appointment.

Also, seems like a baffle in my gas tank came loose. If i brake relatively hard, you can hear the gas sloshing around a lot. I don't remember this before, and I don't think my '05 GT had this. Anyone else hear their gas sloshing around? It's at 3/4 tank right now.
Sponsored

TurboAg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost PP 6MT
I started hearing a whistling noise when under throttle at around 500 mls in the ecoboost. It is most noticeable at low RPMs at take off when other noises are low. It almost sounds like it is coming through the stereo and it changes frequency with engine RPM. Can't figure out what it is though. Kind of sounds like a supercharger whine.

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Possibly could be bad grounding in the audio system. Be sure next time to shut your radios off to see if the sound goes away. If it does, you have your answer and can go to your dealer to let them know. If they dont help any audio shop can assist with installing an isolater.

TurboAg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost PP 6MT
Possibly could be bad grounding in the audio system. Be sure next time to shut your radios off to see if the sound goes away. If it does, you have your answer and can go to your dealer to let them know. If they dont help any audio shop can assist with installing an isolater.
Thanks for the idea! I'll have to check next time I drive. I'm pretty sure I hear it when the sound system is off though...

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Thanks for the idea! I'll have to check next time I drive. I'm pretty sure I hear it when the sound system is off though...
In the Ecoboost the sound system is never off, since it's always piping in the fake cabin noise. Try pulling the fuse on the radio and see if the noise is still there.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
My fuel sloshed like crazy...and it was very noticeable.

Now, it's even worse. No back seats, and a gutted trunk.

Damn.
Sponsored