Gas particulate filter on new 18-19 GT?

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Had a quite in-depth chat with someone (who modifies Mustangs for a living) in regards to the GPF in our MY18+ cars and whether the cars will still be legal and pass MOT (when the time comes) if the headers were changed for aftermarket variate and to my delight, the answer was a very much yes (they had to recently do a lot of research for this very reason for a mod they were doing).

This is not simply for cars registered prior to September 2018 (which was my understanding), but any one that that was registered before MOT stations officially have to start checking for this (3 years from September 2018).

A tune would be needed to eliminate the warning light on the dash, but apart from that, happy days.
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
That sound like very good news:like:

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
That sound like very good news:like:
Yep, which should mean we should be able to see same sort of NA power levels as they see in the US (on there 93 gas) - I believe FBOs on 93 are getting around 460-470 Whp

robbob144

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Here's my V5C. You can see that my car is Euro 6 and not Euro 6.2. Also note the exhaust emission stats. There was someone on Facebook (I forget who) who had different stats, even though his car was produced at around the same time. I'm curious what everyone else is seeing?
v5c.png
This is interesting as my 2019 which was registered in march 2019 is showing as Euro 6 and not showing as a 6.2 on the logbook, my emissions are also different and are showing as 277g/km, the exhaust emissions are also showing as lower than this 2018 which seems a bit odd too.

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
This is interesting as my 2019 which was registered in march 2019 is showing as Euro 6 and not showing as a 6.2 on the logbook, my emissions are also different and are showing as 277g/km, the exhaust emissions are also showing as lower than this 2018 which seems a bit odd too.
My understanding is that the V5C doesn't show it as 6.2 but as 6 followed by letters. I think " Euro 6 AD" corresponds to 6d (which is one of the variants of 6.2). My wife's BMW, registered in Nov 2018 so must be 6.2 compliant, and my GT, registered in March this year so must be 6.2 compliant, both show as "Euro 6 AD". Does anyone with a pre-2018 model registered after the Euro rating appeared on the V5C also show "Euro 6 AD" (in which case my theory is crap!) or do they just show "Euro 6".

Sponsored

robbob144

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My understanding is that the V5C doesn't show it as 6.2 but as 6 followed by letters. I think " Euro 6 AD" corresponds to 6d (which is one of the variants of 6.2). My wife's BMW, registered in Nov 2018 so must be 6.2 compliant, and my GT, registered in March this year so must be 6.2 compliant, both show as "Euro 6 AD". Does anyone with a pre-2018 model registered after the Euro rating appeared on the V5C also show "Euro 6 AD" (in which case my theory is crap!) or do they just show "Euro 6".
Ah right that would make more sense if thatā€™s how they are doing it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 5.0 GT
For information to the ones in Europe that already has or are considering a Whipple supercharger kit for their 18-19 GT with GPF, there is a new Whipple tune available. Seems to be quite a lot of good improvements in there. I assume they have made a EU version out of their latest tune for US Mustangs. See below conversation with Whipple support:

Sent: den 30 maj 2019 03:07
To: Nordstrom, Richard <[email protected]>
Subject: Re:[## 4638 ##] Request for Tune to EU Mustang 2018

Dear Richard,

Please find the attached updated Whipple Supercharger file for your vehicle. After extensive dyno time, road testing and customer feedback, weā€™ve enhanced many, many items to give you even better performance and reliability. Please make sure to flash your vehicle at the earliest convenience as we feel the cal is not only more powerful, but overall, a better driving experience. Some of the updates:

Revised part throttle shift schedule

Revised WOT shift schedule

Revised Trq Management

Revised cam schedule

Revised WOT fueling Revised spark tables

Revised decel fuel

Enhanced data logging capacity

Any questions or concerns, please let us know and weā€™ll do our best to help you out. Please also note, if your Tomahawk flash tool serial number (located on decal on back of tool) is between 1-999, the file name can only be a maximum of 40 characters. In this case, edit the BIN file name so itā€™s a max 40 characters and the file will load properly. *Only one BIN file on SD card at a time.

If there is any trouble updating vehicle or you can't update vehicle, please let us know.

Thank you,

Whipple Support

[email protected]

www.whipplesuperchargers.com

---- On Sat, 25 May 2019 11:35:41 -0700 "Nordstrom, Richard"<[email protected]> wrote ----

Hi,

You mentioned below ā€œHere is the current tuning for the Euro car with Particulate filter but i was told we would have another update

in the next couple of weeks so please check back in 2 weeks for updateā€ so as such I am now checking back in. Do You have a later tune for my car now ?

Best regards, Richard

P.S My plans are to install my Whipple Stage 2 kit with this tune mid June, looking forward to it :-). Will also baseline my stock Mustang on the strip Saturday this week if everything goes as planned. D.S

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Any recent input on any GPF delete kits.
I am not to keen on changing the headers.

PBD says they can tune cars with GPF, Lund did unfortunately not have any tunes for the GPF.

I want it off to get the full potential with the stock headers and also the full sound experience.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Any recent input on any GPF delete kits.
I am not to keen on changing the headers.

PBD says they can tune cars with GPF, Lund did unfortunately not have any tunes for the GPF.

I want it off to get the full potential with the stock headers and also the full sound experience.
At this point, Iā€™m only aware of removing the GPF by going with LTHs and a tune to remove the warning light.

Any reason why you donā€™t want to go with LTHs,

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey mate

There are different reasons for that.

One is the cost it would be 20k SEK(around 2K EUR) just for the headers + installation cost

Also one point in going with headers is to have the cats deleted, however with inspections etc it would be very difficult to have the car passing those inspections. Also going with race cats would drive up the cost even more for the headers.

Another thing with headers is the sound level, I have Borla ATAK and I guess it would be way to loud as a daily.

At this point, Iā€™m only aware of removing the GPF by going with LTHs and a tune to remove the warning light.

Any reason why you donā€™t want to go with LTHs,

Sponsored

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
The GPF is integral to the catalyst and manifold assembly on the LH bank - on the RH bank there is a separate manifold and then the catalyst/GPF assembly bolts to that.
So if you want to remove the GPF the easier way would be to fit catalysts (inc the LH manifold) from a 2015-17 car then address the tune issue as it will put the light on.

hipoxia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
The GPF is integral to the catalyst and manifold assembly on the LH bank - on the RH bank there is a separate manifold and then the catalyst/GPF assembly bolts to that.
So if you want to remove the GPF the easier way would be to fit catalysts (inc the LH manifold) from a 2015-17 car then address the tune issue as it will put the light on.
The US 2018-19 car catalysts wouldnā€™t be a solution also?
I heard that Wipple is doing SC calibrations for car with Gpf.

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
The US 2018-19 car catalysts wouldnā€™t be a solution also?
I heard that Wipple is doing SC calibrations for car with Gpf.
I don't see any reason you couldn't fit US cats - they list at over $1,000 each mind you...

Yes Whipple supply tunes for our GPF equipped UK cars now - we've fitted three kits so far (2 x auto and 1 manual).

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
so physically looking at the euro gpf cat, it just looks like an oem cat right? There is nothing ā€˜elseā€™ in the exhaust that is obviously the gpf part of the cat?hence swapping for oem USA or oem 2016 cats would fool 99% of testers assuming the tune could pass the gas sniffer....

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking for the easiest solution possible :D

If I have to remove the headers then I might as well invest in aftermarket headers with cats and bite the dust.

So you say that on the LH side the whole header and all needs to be removed for the RH side it is bolted and can be removed more easily?

Sponsored