Sponsored

Gas particulate filter on new 18-19 GT?

Badmanners

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette c7 z51, Dodge ram srt10 rc
The question is... would it pass an MOT? Is this a track only car? Also, how difficult was it to import the procharger and roughly what cost for parts alone?
This is a street car and as soon as the weater is better we are going to do a MOT test. I dont think its going to be a problem at all. We are putting heders and race converters on alot of cars and all pass the swedish tests.

We import all brands, whipple, procharger, vortech etc.

Pm us and we can set you up and ship all over the world
Sponsored

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This is interesting but confirms what I believe to be the inevitable even here in the US. The fine particulates produced by direct injection is quite harmful to the lungs, much more than the larger particulates from diesel. The fine particulate problem has got the attention of some emissions bodies here, so it's only a matter of time. I wasn't sure of DI cars with port injection systems were going to included, but it would seem as if Ford (Presumably other manufacturers) are thinking it will be required.

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
We honestly don't know as we've only run a Stage 2 2018 kit so far.
On a 17MY a Stage 1 is 600hp and a Stage 2 is 650hp with the Whipple tune - on this 18MY a Stage 2 makes 600hp with the Whipple tune - So I'd hope a Stage 1 on the 2018 would be around 565hp
I’m a bit confused with the BHP as I have seen others quote 800BHP what’s the reason yours is so low cheers

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
I’m a bit confused with the BHP as I have seen others quote 800BHP what’s the reason yours is so low cheers
It’s because it’s Whipples own tune.

Other tunes (Lund, PBD etc) will get you closer that 800hp

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
It’s because it’s Whipples own tune.

Other tunes (Lund, PBD etc) will get you closer that 800hp
some quote wheel HP some quote fly wheel some quote adjusted some quote non-adjusted.
if someone makes 600 at wheels then they'll be 800 ish at crank (i haven't done the maths its a kinda guess)

Great comparison from Saturday on way to howden 3 lanes on motorway 2 whipple stangs and me they both quote 800+ hp (I'm assuming crank here not wheels!) I'm 480 at wheels ish (about 520 at crank) I'm pure NA
On the go they both have immediately more pickup than me and pull about 10m from me then my fancy cams come on :) and suddenly they both stop pulling away from me and i can hold the gap. They get me on the initial pick up 3-4 times consistently more immediate pickup but once i got over 4.5/5k i can match the so called 800 hp charged quite happily.

Now once I fit my 18 manifold I'll lose some bottom end torque so they'll pull on me even more initially but I'll gain up top and once the procharger is fitted at the top end i'll be pulling on them I expect.

Sponsored

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
We never see the high figures that the US seem to get. They do run cars differently from us. The dyno we use is a TAT dyno which we have correlated in the past with engines that have been run in an engine dyno and got within 2% accuracy. The figures we see are usually more realistic. The standard pistons in the Coyote are only good to around 700hp reliably so I doubt that many people would want to run 800hp on a stock bottom end.

We have also run many Ford GTs on the same dyno - a 5.4l Ford GT engine with a 4.0l Whipple supercharger running 15psi of boost makes around 770hp reliably. The Mustang has a 5.0l engine with a 2.9l supercharger running 10 or 11psi of boost so you can draw your own conclusions from that.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
We never see the high figures that the US seem to get. They do run cars differently from us. The dyno we use is a TAT dyno which we have correlated in the past with engines that have been run in an engine dyno and got within 2% accuracy. The figures we see are usually more realistic. The standard pistons in the Coyote are only good to around 700hp reliably so I doubt that many people would want to run 800hp on a stock bottom end.

We have also run many Ford GTs on the same dyno - a 5.4l Ford GT engine with a 4.0l Whipple supercharger running 15psi of boost makes around 770hp reliably. The Mustang has a 5.0l engine with a 2.9l supercharger running 10 or 11psi of boost so you can draw your own conclusions from that.
also they probably shag some E85 in there...

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
This is a street car and as soon as the weater is better we are going to do a MOT test. I dont think its going to be a problem at all. W
My understanding (which may be wrong) is that you would fail the UK 'MoT' purely due to the GPF being missing, rather than the emissions.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
That’s my understanding too. It’s not like kwik fit could physicals observe its missing as long as you have cats. However it’s a safe guess that aftermarket headers mean no gpf. I guess the new generation of gas analysers designed post port injection mot requirement will pick up on this. Safest option for the U.K. is to work out a simple solution to drop stock cats back onto long tubes at mot time

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Safest option for the U.K. is to work out a simple solution to drop stock cats back onto long tubes at mot time
And any time you get pulled by VOSA, have an accident, etc etc etc :bandit:

Sponsored

Badmanners

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette c7 z51, Dodge ram srt10 rc
We had a nice day here in sweden so we took the 2018 gt out for a test drive. Procharger, long tube headers etc. No gas perticular filter. All works great. Perfekt idle. Turn your sound up

OP
OP
drewzh

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
We had a nice day here in sweden so we took the 2018 gt out for a test drive. Procharger, long tube headers etc. No gas perticular filter. All works great. Perfekt idle. Turn your sound up

Holy crap that's loud. What's the exhaust system? Also, what gears on the procharger?

hipoxia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

What does this means?
Roush has developed a gpf supercharger calibration?
Hope so

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

What does this means?
Roush has developed a gpf supercharger calibration?
Hope so
Probably fucked off the headers and cats, sorted, no GPF.
Sponsored