Sponsored

Galpin/Fisker "Rocket" Mustang

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
UPDATED WITH FIRST PRODUCTION VERSION:

I do hope the GT500 takes inspiration from the Rocket. GAS just posted this on their Facebook page. The black one is the first production car which debuted today at Amelia Island :love:

Indeed! It's BRUTAL in black :headbang:

(although the silver shows off the curves better)

That grill.. Make it go away.. Please.

I will say though, the remaining 3/4 of the car is pretty badass. Especially in black.

UPDATE: GALPIN-FISKER ROCKET 725HP 2015 MUSTANG REVEALED!

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_s...rd-mustang-hits-l-a-with-725-hp/photo_00.html

When renowned designer Henrik Fisker approached his longtime friend and colleague, Galpin Auto Sports manager Beau Boeckmann, with advanced design sketches for a super-tuner 2015 Ford Mustang, the two wasted no time. That was just after the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, back in August. Less than four months later, the 725-hp Galpin-Fisker Rocket is turning heads at the 2014 Los Angeles auto show. Better yet, the two muscle-car maniacs are now preparing to send the super-Mustang into production.

Drawing from the classic Shelby and Ford Mustangs of the 1960’s and 1970’s, Boeckmann and Fisker built the carbon-fiber-bodied Galpin-Fisker Rocket as neither a replica nor a retro car. The sixties attitude is palpable, but the Rocket’s design also builds heavily on the modern lines and cues on the 2015 Ford Mustang GT on which it is based. The familiar Mustang logo gallops across a hexagonal carbon-fiber grille, split horizontally by an aluminum bar. The Galpin-Fisker Rocket’s new face sits on top of a carbon-fiber front splitter, which is matched with enlarged front intakes and two massive hood scoops that help cool the car’s 725-hp V-8 engine. Custom side skirts, flared fenders, brake-cooling side skirts (for the 15-inch Brembos), a rear diffuser, and a rear decklid spoiler are also included to improve aerodynamics and downforce

“My favorite Mustang is the 1968 Shelby GT500 that had this long hood and huge air intakes,” said Fisker, in a statement. “It gave me butterflies the first time I saw it. We wanted to recreate that feeling with this car.”

As impressive as the car looks in person, what’s even more impressive is the time frame in which it went from idea to reality. Once the ball started rolling on the Rocket, the partners were dead-set on bringing the car to life. “When [Fisker] showed me that design, I literally got chills,” Boeckmann told AUTOMOBILE at the Los Angeles auto show. Galpin Auto Sports would then unveil a one-off tuner 2015 Ford Mustang at SEMA, with the same supercharged, 725-hp V-8 engine.

Henrik Fisker & Galpin To Debut New American Muscle At LAAS

There's some new American Muscle coming to the 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show. No, we're not talking about anything Hellcat, not the Z/28, and not some sort of Boss mobile. Instead, a familiar name in the car design space has teamed up with a familiar name in the Sell Every Ford on the Planet space. We're talking about Henrik Fisker and Galpin Auto Sports.

We don't know much about the car yet, other than a few snippets of information. It's going to be called the Rocket, and it will apparently be the "Ultimate American Muscle Car". That could be in part due to the fact that it will be carbon fiber-bodied, and we'd guess that the GAS team will work on the engine to create no small sum of horsepower and torque.

From the rendering, we're going to guess that Galpin and Fisker have re-bodied a 2015 Ford Mustang. This is based on the roofline, the fact that the gas tank is on the driver's side, and, well, the notion that Galpin would rather use a Pinto than a Camaro.

Fisker used to be in the coachbuilding game prior to his Karma days, with his Mercedes-Benz SL-based Tramanto and BMW M6-based Latigo. A carbon fiber Mustang would be a welcome addition to his world of re-bodied machines.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1095414_henrik-fisker-galpin-to-debut-new-american-muscle-at-laas
Sponsored

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Interesting. I'm a big fan of Fisker's previous work, so it'll be interesting to see what he does with S550 as a base :)

Sponsored

fastback69

Galpin had a SEMA car too, good to see all these builders hard at work on the new platform.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Maybe an electric/gas hypercar??

GTsquid

It's a one off carbon fibered S550 called "Rocket"

http://blog.caranddriver.com/rocket-man-henrik-fiskers-new-car-is-a-carbon-fiber-bodied-mustang/

Henrik Fisker will emerge at the the L.A. auto show to present, as we guessed three weeks earlier, a special 2015 Ford Mustang. It’s going to be called “Rocket.” Ooooh, ahhhh.

The Rocket is a one-off showpiece stemming from a collaboration between the former Fisker Automotive CEO and Galpin Auto Sports, a California tuning company that built the 1024-hp Ford GTR1 and which is affiliated with the world’s biggest-selling Ford dealer, Galpin Motors. The teaser sketch signed by Fisker himself shows a “carbon-fiber-bodied” Mustang fastback wearing some big shoes and what appear to be slots for brake cooling ducts on the rear fenders. It also appears form the sketch that Fisker may have filled in the rear quarter glass,perhaps drawing inspirations from the extra-sleek Iacocca Edition Mustang from 2009. The designer’s creation, like every exotic car he’s ever penned, is bound to be pretty when the wrap comes off on November 20.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Maybe an electric/gas hypercar??
Hoping it's a hybrid muscle car. I want it to burn gas AND tires :D

Wondering if this will be based on S550. Given most aftermarket companies had to rush to get stuff to SEMA, a completely rebodied (carbon) conversion seems a lot of work. Given the blanked off rear 3/4 window, could it be S197 based?

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
The Mustang doesn't have those exotic proportions, it would be nice though.

Sponsored

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
Isn't Galpin the company that destroyed a beautiful Ford GT to make it into the ugliest vehicle in history, after the pontiac aztec of course. <br>

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Isn't Galpin the company that destroyed a beautiful Ford GT to make it into the ugliest vehicle in history, after the pontiac aztec of course. <br>
The GTR1...I thought it wasn't too bad

2eb677cb498aa7ab22fb383619ea1c06.jpg
6f8b68fd1b8e5a395d907d96b8cc60e5.jpg

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I've seen that car in person. I thought it was a modern version of the Ford GTR and it was very well put together. beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that car was fantastic in person as well as pics.:headbang:
Sponsored