Sponsored

G1888 has been traded in

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
So, as I understand it, since it was a KBB offer, Autotrader/KBB will stand behind the offer. They have a set amount of time to sell the car. If it doesn't sell at a number they are happy with, they will get an auction location from AT/KBB and take the car. If it sells for less than the AT/KBB offer, they cover the difference. Seems to be very little risk for the dealer, but they do have to deal with the inconvenience of getting the car to an auction. That is how it was explained to me today.
Cool. I'll have to keep this kbb tool in mind next time I swap cars. Hopefully it stays around.
Sponsored

Porsche332

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Track Pkg
I've shopped my Race Red with Trac Pack best offers are $49-51K thats it.I would be quite surprised if dealer gave him $57k straight up.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Cool. I'll have to keep this kbb tool in mind next time I swap cars. Hopefully it stays around.
You can only use KBB @ participating dealers. Most ford dealers are not participating. I'm only talking about the Atlanta area. I used it on a Vette and got over $5K more on my trade. All I know is they took the car to Atlanta immediately. Also got more then $2K then what I paid. The ford dealer called around and said because of the Hugh discounts the market has tanked on used vettes. KBB might be a tad behind the market in Atlanta. Got the 350 for MSRP 90 miles outside of Atlanta. $210 in taxes because of the trade . Without trade over $4000 in taxes.
I guess the stars aligned Ford dealer uses KBB and had his one and only 350 priced @ MSRP. I guess I could have waited until the used ones hit the market but didn't want to. Hell its already almost a year.

Last edited:

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
You can only use KBB @ participating dealers. Most ford dealers are not participating. I'm only talking about the Atlanta area. I used it on a Vette and got over $5K more on my trade. All I know is they took the car to Atlanta immediately. Also got more then $2K then what I paid. The ford dealer called around and said because of the Hugh discounts the market has tanked on used vettes. KBB might be a tad behind the market in Atlanta. Got the 350 for MSRP 90 miles outside of Atlanta. $210 in taxes because of the trade . Without trade over $4000 in taxes.
I guess the stars aligned Ford dealer uses KBB and had his one and only 350 priced @ MSRP. I guess I could have waited until the used ones hit the market but didn't want to. Hell its already almost a year.
Oh, I know it can only be used at participating dealers. I buy all types of different cars, and was just saying that will be a factor in my decision next time if it can benefit me.

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
I've shopped my Race Red with Trac Pack best offers are $49-51K thats it.I would be quite surprised if dealer gave him $57k straight up.
Now that seems like a realistic offer. That leaves the dealer a little room to profit, and really isn't a low ball offer either. Offers like that are also why I'm so against adm. Because when trade time comes most of the time the hype is gone, and the dealer will treat that car just like the next one.
Sponsored