Sponsored

G1888 has been traded in

RaceRedGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Race Red #1888
Bought another forum member's GT-R and needed a truck. Took G1888 into Fred Anderson Toyota today in Columbia, SC and traded on a new Tacoma. Not a huge fan of the truck, but was a good deal and it will serve the purpose I need it to. Dealership gave $57,720 for the car based on a KBB instand Trade Offer. Was wondering if they would honor the deal and they did, so stand up dealer in my books. That being said, it should be up on their site within the next two days if anyone is interested in a lightly used Race Red Tech pack with a Track Pack spoiler on the back.
Sponsored

OP
OP

RaceRedGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One thing that was quite surprising thru this process was how soft the market for the Used ones are. I got plenty of offers in the $52K range, but nothing anywhere near $57K. I am curious to see if the remaining 16's are going to pull MSRP or an ADM moving forward. I think the 17's will be fine considering they have the coolers, but the market on the '16 Tech Packs seems to be very soft.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Was the dealer educated on the risk-difference (i.e. achilles heel for track use) of the Tech pack?

OW_GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350R, OW, Black Roof
That is a decent deal man. Enjoy the GT-R. I already miss it.

OP
OP

RaceRedGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was the dealer educated on the risk-difference (i.e. achilles heel for track use) of the Tech pack?
He didn't mention it at all. They took it for their test drive, GSM and some other guy. They were only gone for about 5 minutes. When they returned, I asked if he "drove" it. He said he couldn't as it wasn't theirs yet. I took the GSM out for another drive. Ran it to 8K in first and second gear. Also, when they took it, they were not familiar with the modes, so I flipped it to track, opened up the exhaust. He was all smiles from that point forward. They couldn't close the deal quick enough.

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
He didn't mention it at all. They took it for their test drive, GSM and some other guy. They were only gone for about 5 minutes. When they returned, I asked if he "drove" it. He said he couldn't as it wasn't theirs yet. I took the GSM out for another drive. Ran it to 8K in first and second gear. Also, when they took it, they were not familiar with the modes, so I flipped it to track, opened up the exhaust. He was all smiles from that point forward. They couldn't close the deal quick enough.
That's hilarious that you pull the trick that they do, to get their customers to buy the car :lol:

Bravo sir

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
:lol:x2
Awesome!

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
That seems to be a bad move on the dealership's part. Because now what are they gonna price the car at if they gave you $57k? I assume they'll have to price it at a markup, which will probably be hard to get on a used 2016 tech pack. Oh well, good to see the consumer come out ahead.

OP
OP

RaceRedGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That seems to be a bad move on the dealership's part. Because now what are they gonna price the car at if they gave you $57k? I assume they'll have to price it at a markup, which will probably be hard to get on a used 2016 tech pack. Oh well, good to see the consumer come out ahead.
So, as I understand it, since it was a KBB offer, Autotrader/KBB will stand behind the offer. They have a set amount of time to sell the car. If it doesn't sell at a number they are happy with, they will get an auction location from AT/KBB and take the car. If it sells for less than the AT/KBB offer, they cover the difference. Seems to be very little risk for the dealer, but they do have to deal with the inconvenience of getting the car to an auction. That is how it was explained to me today.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
So, as I understand it, since it was a KBB offer, Autotrader/KBB will stand behind the offer. They have a set amount of time to sell the car. If it doesn't sell at a number they are happy with, they will get an auction location from AT/KBB and take the car. If it sells for less than the AT/KBB offer, they cover the difference. Seems to be very little risk for the dealer, but they do have to deal with the inconvenience of getting the car to an auction. That is how it was explained to me today.
Holy damn, seriously? I didn't know they backed up their offers like that. Seems like a real no brainer for them, at most they just lose a bit of time going through all that.

Sponsored
OP
OP

RaceRedGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are a few on here that stated the dealer would not honor the AT/KBB offer, so I am not sure what you do then. I am sure there is some fine print that states they can decide not to honor, but don't know that to be a fact. I think the program works great for dealers 98% of the time. There just isn't a ton of info out on the GT350 right now for them to pull and auction prices seem to be going at a premium, which is what a lot is based on.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
At the very least, the dealer has some eye-popping candy in their show room. Especially for the Toyota dealership, which doesn't have much going on, at least until the Supra comes out.

OP
OP

RaceRedGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It certainly stood out on their lot. I have a feeling that is precisely what will happen. They will keep it to attract customers for a while, then if it doesn't sell, send it to auction.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Holy damn, seriously? I didn't know they backed up their offers like that. Seems like a real no brainer for them, at most they just lose a bit of time going through all that.
Yep, my gf is the head of the team who builds their price prediction and sales models, it's some crazy math they put into it. They call it "deal shield" or something like that haha.

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
Enjoy the GTR and Tacoma. I used to have a Tacoma and it was a nice mid-size truck. I'll look for my car's twin around town.
Sponsored