G-Loc GS-1 vs Stock pads (Base GT)

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Trying to figure this out before dropping some more money.

Back Story:

I bought the G-Loc R10/R8 pads and installed them. I really like them but the dust and noise are excessive for street use. The dust really drives me nuts.

So I wanted to get a street pad and just swap in the R10/R8 pads for track days and autocross. I like the fact that with the GS-1 being the same compound I can save time by not having to clean and rebed the pads every swap.

I ended up buying the stock pads due to price but I'm still looking at the GS-1. My question is: Is the GS-1 worth nearly $300 more ($90 for stock and $387 for GS-1)? Is the only benefit really just having the same compound for swapping out? The stock pads are definitely good for the street but I always felt like they needed more bite as they felt soft to me.

tldr; What does the GS-1 do that makes it cost $400 vs the stock pads >$100?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Been wondering the same as I'm getting ready to replace my PP pads soon. I'd also prefer not to swap pads for track days but G-LOC says DO NOT use the GS-1 for track days...so $400 and aren't even safe for track days? nice.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Biggest benefit to GS-1 is that you don't need to resurface the rotor if you change to their R compounds for track use.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Biggest benefit to GS-1 is that you don't need to resurface the rotor if you change to their R compounds for track use.
Yeah, that is definitely a good benefit for the more serious track guys. I'm just a noob and haven't yet found the limits of my pads.
Sponsored