FYI: Got scammed on here by a member...

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I see him in the classifieds and elsewhere soliciting sales be aware. He sees what you are looking for and says he has something available and has you Zelle him money and then doesn't communicate or follow-up. This is his profile.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/members/h-nick.51218/
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
you're supposed to hit the 'report' link.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I think new rules should be implemented - for instance if a user is new or has below a certain trust/post count - they can't post in classified OR communicate via PM's to a classified ad link...

There has to be a better way of weeding out these simpletons . . .

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I think new rules should be implemented - for instance if a user is new or has below a certain trust/post count - they can't post in classified OR communicate via PM's to a classified ad link...

Also, buyer beware: never use a peer-to-peer payment service that is irreversible, like Zelle, to pay a stranger from the internet.

OP
OP
HKusp

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Also, buyer beware: never use a peer-to-peer payment service that is irreversible, like Zelle, to pay a stranger from the internet.
I absolutely get that, he got me for $60. My bad, and treat it as a loooong line of learning experiences in life. I posted this more of a public service message for this board to be wary of that username. He'll have to build up another one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HKusp

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
I had a scammer get me for 200 on the mustangecoboost forum using PP friends and family and it was a payment being sent out of USA.. It went thru my bank account; I called PP and was told they could do nothing due to being sent F&F, so went to my bank and filed a dispute with them. They were able to stop payment and recover my 200 bucks even though PP said I had no recourse. Seller wanted me to use zelle but I do not use any of those direct pay services.

If the funds came from your bank account I would file a dispute with them to see if they can stop payment like mine was able to do.

BD

Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed in the classifieds the pic with name/date isn't being enforced either. I saw a few sales go threw that never had the appropriate picture.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

I agree with this also. Other forums I am on have a minimum 20 post count before you can place add in classifieds and Pm members. They also have a buyers/sellers feedback gate for weeding out the bad and promoting the good.

BD

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Cash Face to Face or Paypal unless you know the person well. I've only had good luck over the years, but it stinks when someone rips you off.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I got lucky with my scam in that the funds being sent out of the country were not instant but rather had a 5 day transaction completion period and I was at my bank the AM of the day of completion so they put an immediate stop payment on the funds transfer when I filed the dispute.

BD

OP
OP
HKusp

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I bought my Whipple on here from a guy in Canada. I wired him the money, there was no issue, it came 4 days later boxed up nicely. I have had many many transactions on here and other forums, both buying and selling. This one was just $60 so, it is what it is. Just want others to know this ass got me, and make him have to go through the trouble of starting another profile and building up some post count before he gets a good chance to get anyone else.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I've got a WTB ad in the classifieds, GT350 Stock CAI and I have gotten 6 or 7, 0 post count people telling me to email so and so because he has one cheap. I've reported all of them.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yep, typical scammer tactic.

BD
Sponsored