Sponsored

FYI: Coyote 5.0 Plasma Transfer Wire Arc cylinder liners

troverman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium manual
...With that being said, I did a little investigation into Late model Ford engines, searching engine tick, this was with the 2.7 & 3.5 ecoboost, 6.7 powerstroke and of course our 5.0... Guess what? There are plenty of examples out there with the identical tick we are hearing. What is the common thread? I would bet they all use similar design on the hydraulic lash adjusters and roller rocker arms. I wonder if there are some shared pn#’s across those engine families for the lash adjusters?
I know this is old, but just to clarify, the 6.7L Ford diesel hydraulic lash adjustment has absolutely zero in common with Ford's gas engines. The diesel engine is a 32 valve V8, but only has one camshaft location in the engine valley, and uses 16 massive roller lifters with dual pushrods attached to each to operate the valves.

I believe the move to DI was because they had to meet particulate emissions and not for performance. That was a marketing spin.
I think somebody mentioned this already, but direct injected gas engines produce worse particulates than a diesel. Gas Particulate Filters are already becoming a thing in Europe.
Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I'm losing brain cells reading some of these replies. "Ford dropped the ball" yet there are thousands and thousands of happy 2018+ customers including people putting down 420+ whp and running 11s bone stock. I also see too many people acting like they know more than Ford powertrain engineers LOL. It sucks some people have issues (and some THINK they have issues but don't) but I wouldn't consider it to be Ford "dropping the ball" by any means.

Chevy actually dropped the ball with the new Camaro because sales of that car have been garbage.
Some Mustang drivers thrash their motors to heck. Then they wonder why it makes noises.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Some Mustang drivers thrash their motors to heck. Then they wonder why it makes noises.
That's called a consequence of getting their money's worth for a car.

What's the other option? Drop 40k (some even 50k) on a car and then just putt around under 2000rpm all day long?
Sponsored