Sponsored

Future Plans

Tems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
So just a little quick history, I got my mustang from boggus ford here in pharr, fell in love when I first laid eyes on her.

Gave some money down, got it out on a lease. 350$/month.

My question is what do you guys planning on doing in the future?

Keeping it, paying it off?
Trading for a GT?
Or in my case Maybe trading it for an F150.

( What do you guys pay per month? Did any of you get it on a lease? )
Sponsored

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Well I did want to trade up for a GT but I may not be able to for a few years since I am in a lot of negative equity due to previous trade-in. I am hoping that I will be approved for a trade for either the 2018 Mustang GT or just wait for the S650.

But my scenario is pretty tough with the negative equity, I may have to just live with my V6 for the length of the loan (which is 5 more years).

The only thing I plan to do with my v6 is getting some Flowmasters and a Roush CAI. But even that may not happen.

OP
OP
Tems

Tems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
I understand, if the GTs had some money off that would have helped you. but I doubt they ever will.
Honestly at one point I wanted to trade in my v6 for a GT. but I thought to myself what would have been the difference, me driving to school ,work ,gym ,grocery store. What would have been the difference. I get to my destinations a few seconds earlier lol I think I would have regretted it.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I understand, if the GTs had some money off that would have helped you. but I doubt they ever will.
Honestly at one point I wanted to trade in my v6 for a GT. but I thought to myself what would have been the difference, me driving to school ,work ,gym ,grocery store. What would have been the difference. I get to my destinations a few seconds earlier lol I think I would have regretted it.
See that’s the thing about owning a v6 mustang/camaro/challenger/charger. The pressure to have a v8 gets to us and we are tempted to trade up even if it is a financially idiotic thing to do.
Many people do trade up, I even attempted twice it but could not get approved for it.

But after my 13 months of having my v6, I started to think of the v6 in a more practical sense just like you did. The funny thing was….why the hell was I planning to trade up?The v6 stang is still the fastest car ive owned, it looks great, I get complimented all the time, it turns heads especially after I clean it, I get excited to drive it everyday, I love seeing it anytime I walk towards it and I cant help but look back at it everytime I am walking away.As far as driver experience, it may not be a v8 but it still feels and sounds good to drive, cold starts sound really good, the sound at high rpm is still pretty intoxicating.The only downside of the v6 is….you get insulted for having it, other than that the v6 mustang is a great car.300hp for 20-21k is the best deal at it’s price point, you can’t beat that.Plus you save money all around, the GT is $10k more, mpg will decrease, and insurance will increase, tires will wear out faster, you run a higher accident risk especially in the rain with all that 400+hp, lets not forget speeding tickets.

The great thing about the Mustang is the pride in ownership and our devotion to the car, a lot of Mustang owners stay being Mustang owners. I can’t see myself wanting another car because I just love my car...meaningI will probably continue having a mustang unless I really need to tone down and get a family car.This also means once this car is paid off or close to…my next car will still be a Mustang…and it will be a v8. For now, the v6 is doing a perfect job. Plus there are a lot of GT owners that started off with the v6.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I plan to keep mine since I paid in full. But down the line I plan to buy a GT for a weekend car when there is a nice refresh or wait for the 7th gen. Or a minivan depending on how things go lol.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Keeping mine but will likely go full 5.2 (crossplane) crate swap in the future. (once the car is paid off that is) Maybe do a few body mods depending on the MY18 refresh.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Since shes the last car my dad saw of mine before he passed away a week later, I'll be keeping it for a very very long time. I plan on upgrading it to a "Premium" package. Plus I added side scoops and a spoiler. I'll upgrade the sound system as well, plus add springs, wheels, CAI, exhaust and possibly a Steeda front and RTR rear clip. I'll eventually take it out on weekends and will either get another V6 or GT for the 60th anniversary which will be a daily driver for awhile. That's the plan so far...

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual
I leased a v6 as well. I am 20 and are in my 2nd year in University. I would personally keep my v6 stang as long as I am still child free. I don't think I am ready for a v8 yet and a v6 is a hella fun car. Its stylish, its spacious (i am 6'4) and its cheap to insure.

Unless I get really success in a couple years the stang is gonna stay with me hopefully until my 30th

OP
OP
Tems

Tems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
See that’s the thing about owning a v6 mustang/camaro/challenger/charger. The pressure to have a v8 gets to us and we are tempted to trade up even if it is a financially idiotic thing to do.
Many people do trade up, I even attempted twice it but could not get approved for it.

But after my 13 months of having my v6, I started to think of the v6 in a more practical sense just like you did. The funny thing was….why the hell was I planning to trade up?The v6 stang is still the fastest car ive owned, it looks great, I get complimented all the time, it turns heads especially after I clean it, I get excited to drive it everyday, I love seeing it anytime I walk towards it and I cant help but look back at it everytime I am walking away.As far as driver experience, it may not be a v8 but it still feels and sounds good to drive, cold starts sound really good, the sound at high rpm is still pretty intoxicating.The only downside of the v6 is….you get insulted for having it, other than that the v6 mustang is a great car.300hp for 20-21k is the best deal at it’s price point, you can’t beat that.Plus you save money all around, the GT is $10k more, mpg will decrease, and insurance will increase, tires will wear out faster, you run a higher accident risk especially in the rain with all that 400+hp, lets not forget speeding tickets.

The great thing about the Mustang is the pride in ownership and our devotion to the car, a lot of Mustang owners stay being Mustang owners. I can’t see myself wanting another car because I just love my car...meaningI will probably continue having a mustang unless I really need to tone down and get a family car.This also means once this car is paid off or close to…my next car will still be a Mustang…and it will be a v8. For now, the v6 is doing a perfect job. Plus there are a lot of GT owners that started off with the v6.

Great words! Couldn't have said it any better, I think the exact same way, and compared to my last car (2007 Nissan Exterra) the base model is a premium to me :thumbsup:

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
So just a little quick history, I got my mustang from boggus ford here in pharr, fell in love when I first laid eyes on her.

Gave some money down, got it out on a lease. 350$/month.

My question is what do you guys planning on doing in the future?

Keeping it, paying it off?
Trading for a GT?
Or in my case Maybe trading it for an F150.

( What do you guys pay per month? Did any of you get it on a lease? )
Got my January 2015 love it when I saw it oxford white, 51A Premium, 18" Foundry wheels, rear spoiler, auto. I leased it for 39 months @ $362.00 and when the lease up I'll pay it off $10,000 and wait to see what the 2020 S650 new body look
like. I only have 9200 miles.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tems

Tems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
Since shes the last car my dad saw of mine before he passed away a week later, I'll be keeping it for a very very long time. I plan on upgrading it to a "Premium" package. Plus I added side scoops and a spoiler. I'll upgrade the sound system as well, plus add springs, wheels, CAI, exhaust and possibly a Steeda front and RTR rear clip. I'll eventually take it out on weekends and will either get another V6 or GT for the 60th anniversary which will be a daily driver for awhile. That's the plan so far...
Sorry to hear about your dad, If I was in your shoes, that stang would stick by my side forever.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
I have a Procharger on my V6 and a 5.0 F150 so I have no desire to go to a GT. Now if I could get a good deal on a GT350 I would jump ship for that.

OP
OP
Tems

Tems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
Got my January 2015 love it when I saw it oxford white, 51A Premium, 18" Foundry wheels, rear spoiler, auto. I leased it for 39 months @ $362.00 and when the lease up I'll pay it off $10,000 and wait to see what the 2020 S650 new body look
like. I only have 9200 miles.
The hard part I think, is making a good looking car even better!:clap2:

OP
OP
Tems

Tems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
I have a Procharger on my V6 and a 5.0 F150 so I have no desire to go to a GT. Now if I could get a good deal on a GT350 I would jump ship for that.
procharged v6:eyebulge:
How much did that cost?
How much horsepower you pushing now?

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
I love my v6....I get comps all the time on how it looks...some even like how it sounds :p im in the same boat...V8 would be cool....but...this is my daily. getting 30mpg is awesome, and insurance is waaay less....not to mention my payment is only $360, and that's with gap. would be 320 without it. your just not going to get more car than this for the money. if I had a GT...id probably get myself in a lot of trouble...even though the v6 is perfectly capable of sending me to jail lol. I just love the car, its so fun to drive. when you make up reasons to go out and drive the car...you know you found a keeper...and I look back at it...sometimes 2 or 3 times hahaha
20160429_142617.jpg
Sponsored