wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I am in SE Michigan and now that I have my Ecoboost FB I feel a yearning to find some fun roads to play on. Unfortunately all the river roads that have any twists are highly populated or congested so that is not a real good idea to try to drive spirited.

I decided to create this thread to see if there are any rural roads where the members like to head to. Do you have any favorites? They do not have to be limited to SE Michigan.

I am also going to see if my old favorite motorcycle forum (advrider.com) may have a thread with a list but they mainly like dirt roads. If I find anything I will put it here.

It has been a while but Hines Drive is a good cruising road but usually highly congested. I am going out today to drive Clinton River Road but that is usually very congested as well so I will behave.

Any favorites you would like to share?
Sponsored

EngineerDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 401A + Extras, 98 F-250LD
I live in Northern Kentucky (near Cincy) and I'm surrounded by fantastic roads. I have a little circuit I like to drive on the weekends when I get bored, as well as favorite routes down to Louisville and such.

Personally I'd rather drive these roads/routes at 60 - 65mph (they are 55mph roads) than drive on the highway at 80. Wonderful views, fantastic corners... all the goodies of a good road that the 2015 just absolutely loves.

My little circuit:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...d-Tzz-g&dirflg=h&mra=mi&mrsp=7&sz=14&t=m&z=12

If you ever get the chance to take US 42 --> KY 55 you are in for a real treat. That first section of 55 just before it merges with US 421 is absolutely amazing. And if you stay on that you can take 421 when it splits off again for a very nice drive down to Frankfort, which is home to some fantastic bourbon distilleries if you are up for some tours... or you can go a little further south to visit Woodford's reserve distillery for an absolutely gorgeous drive.

I really just pick a random city in Kentucky and sit around figuring out the best way to get there. Plus the ability to avoid highways on the GPS is a wonderful thing in my part of the country.

emh87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium 6MT
I live in Northern Kentucky (near Cincy) and I'm surrounded by fantastic roads. I have a little circuit I like to drive on the weekends when I get bored, as well as favorite routes down to Louisville and such.

Personally I'd rather drive these roads/routes at 60 - 65mph (they are 55mph roads) than drive on the highway at 80. Wonderful views, fantastic corners... all the goodies of a good road that the 2015 just absolutely loves.

My little circuit:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...d-Tzz-g&dirflg=h&mra=mi&mrsp=7&sz=14&t=m&z=12

If you ever get the chance to take US 42 --> KY 55 you are in for a real treat. That first section of 55 just before it merges with US 421 is absolutely amazing. And if you stay on that you can take 421 when it splits off again for a very nice drive down to Frankfort, which is home to some fantastic bourbon distilleries if you are up for some tours... or you can go a little further south to visit Woodford's reserve distillery for an absolutely gorgeous drive.

I really just pick a random city in Kentucky and sit around figuring out the best way to get there. Plus the ability to avoid highways on the GPS is a wonderful thing in my part of the country.
This route looks amazing!

EngineerDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
wildsailor

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
You should see it in person! Some of the views are amazing!
I was looking at it today thinking that I could leave early in the morning and make that loop in the afternoon, stay over night and drive home the next day. That really isn't too far!

EngineerDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I was looking at it today thinking that I could leave early in the morning and make that loop in the afternoon, stay over night and drive home the next day. That really isn't too far!
Heck If I had enough room in my townhome I'd put you guys up ha. Though if you guys wanna make a mini-meet run of it, I'm down for it on the 2nd.
Sponsored