Sponsored

Full detail complete with Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray coating!

AceS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Update:

Since I applied 2 coats of the turtle wax hybrid ceramic spray on September 14, I’ve hand washed the car about 3 times with non wax soap. Driven in sun, rain, and dusty conditions. I’ve noticed less water beading and sheeting in some areas. Not a bad product, I’d use it again if I had the time to spare. I washed the car today and used Mother’s quick detailing spray.

504035F5-BA82-4581-AED1-B59DD84B1A10.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Update:

Since I applied 2 coats of the turtle wax hybrid ceramic spray on September 14, I’ve hand washed the car about 3 times with non wax soap. Driven in sun, rain, and dusty conditions. I’ve noticed less water beading and sheeting in some areas. Not a bad product, I’d use it again if I had the time to spare. I washed the car today and used Mother’s quick detailing spray.

504035F5-BA82-4581-AED1-B59DD84B1A10.jpeg
I notice the same. About every other wash I top off with the Wet Wax and it seems to revive the water beading/sheeding

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple
As happens, 3 mins after this shot it started raining, but it just rolled off. Who cares when it looks this good ✅

50A92ED1-9F8E-4CCC-83E2-A865AA022640.jpeg
Super clean. Love it.

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Turtle Wax just released its own graphene products. Looks very promising.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Great lol more money I need to spend now. This has an advantage because it is also its own maintenance product
lol That's what I said. I just got the hybrid ceramic recently. I keep getting asked if I have ceramic coating at car shows. I ended up ordering the new stuff. Apex Detail just put up a video with it vs Seal N Shine. Sold me on it.

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
lol That's what I said. I just got the hybrid ceramic recently. I keep getting asked if I have ceramic coating at car shows. I ended up ordering the new stuff. Apex Detail just put up a video with it vs Seal N Shine. Sold me on it.
Same here. And even the new all in 1 compound/polish that Apex Detail reviewed sold me on that. At first I was going to start using 3D One but he said the TW one produces the same correction but a better finish.
What are the pros and cons of using a true ceramic coating vs the Flex Wax? Other than the maintenance? Do Ceramic coatings produce better protection all around?

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Same here. And even the new all in 1 compound/polish that Apex Detail reviewed sold me on that. At first I was going to start using 3D One but he said the TW one produces the same correction but a better finish.
What are the pros and cons of using a true ceramic coating vs the Flex Wax? Other than the maintenance? Do Ceramic coatings produce better protection all around?
True ceramics are mostly about maintenence. Easier to clean for the most part and no need to reapply for years.
The downside is they don't protect against chips or scratches. If they claim it does they are full of it. You also must have any paint correction done prior to applying.
A lot of them have insane gloss effects, but with the new products coming out like TW is you can reach the same look. Do true ceramics provide better overall protection from uv rays, chemicals, etc? Considering it's almost like a thin sheet of glass I would say yes. If my car was parked outside all of the time or in a dirty environment I'd probably go true ceramic, but mines garaged a lot so I don't need it. I also enjoy detailing my car when I want and like with the new Flex I can easily try it if I want. If applied correctly and maintained correctly 8 months to a year for some of them is pretty darn good imo for a non pro coating. Of course not all are created equal and yes some will only last 3 to 6 months.
Harsh environments may not last as long, but a lot of your new products can take a good beating.
The new Turtle Wax Graphene products look very promising. I like how you can even apply it over existing coatings. I just got mine. Just have to find time to put it on. I do have a neighbor who just used it (let him have some) and the slickness is insane.

Last edited:

Sponsored

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
These "Ceramic" spray coatings don't have a long life once applied. And some true ceramic coatings have differing thickness' as well. There are coatings with excellent protection propertied and others that are truly pathetic. A fellow detailer showed me how to apply Crystal Serum Ultra (Professional) by GTechniq. This product and CQ UK are at the top of the coatings IMO. It does it all for me. For chip protection nothing surpasses Xpel Paint Protection FIlm. Both these coating and film products are best left to professionals for application.

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Do true ceramics provide better overall protection from uv rays, chemicals, etc? Considering it's almost like a thin sheet of glass I would say yes.
Being similar to a thin sheet of glass isn't really going to do anything in regard to UV light protection ... it doesn't work that way - UV light will pass right through thick glass.

There are compounds that can be put into paints, clears, coatings, etc. such as UV absorbers that converts it to heat and dissipates throughout the surface or "HALS" - Hindered Amine light Stabilizers that protect the coating resin from the harmful effect of photochemically-produced ‘free radicals’ by neutralizing them, hindering chemical degradation.

Just sayin...

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I think you read too much into my wording. Obviously glass in itself won't do anything which is why I said almost like and didn't go into more specifics.
Sponsored