Sponsored

Full detail complete with Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray coating!

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I never said it would have, but again I shared my personal experience between the 2. If I had a product on my car an entire year with 0 scratches, my truck has none and 1 day with TW I get a scratch with something barely touching it that at least says something. Theres a lot of factors. Was it pure bad luck? Who knows. I honestly dont know if the scratch is deep where I can't buff all of it out. I haven't even done anything to it yet.
Yeah, lots of factors there. I never had a rock chip my windshield prior to my mustang. Within a month of buying it I was on my 3rd windshield. These spray coatings are meant to protect against UV rays, add gloss, help repel dirt/water. Not so much the scratching, you need a clear bra to protect the paint for that. If its a daily driver, IMO scratches, chips are inevitable.
Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Here are my results with the Turtlewax hybrid ceramic spray. used claybar and ironX decontamination before putting it on. I'm don't how long it would last but I'm impressed with it's water beading

20201013_174847.jpg

20201013_174857.jpg

20201013_174914.jpg

Last edited:

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple
Very fresh. Aftermarket hood vents?
How many coats of TW

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Very fresh. Aftermarket hood vents?
How many coats of TW
I applied 2 coats 24 hours apart. Yeah those are Ford accessories hood vents made by air designs.

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple
I applied 2 coats 24 hours apart. Yeah those are Ford accessories hood vents made by air designs.
and they are much different than the stock ones even with the drip trays removed?

Sponsored

SilverStallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Car looks clean as hell.

The only downside ive seen from these spray on hybrid waxes is that it doesnt hold up well over time. Even when the paint is prepped properly. Ive tried every brand but chemical guys. After 2 or 3 washes with a PH neutral soap or even ceramic infused soap the hydrophobic properties are just about gone.

Im chasing that touchless wash sweet spot. On my 5th or 6th experiment

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Car looks clean as hell.

The only downside ive seen from these spray on hybrid waxes is that it doesnt hold up well over time. Even when the paint is prepped properly. Ive tried every brand but chemical guys. After 2 or 3 washes with a PH neutral soap or even ceramic infused soap the hydrophobic properties are just about gone.

Interesting.
I never got to use the Meguiars hybrid ceramic spray long enough because the liquid came out so I switched pretty quick. That actually held up amazingly well. Even when I went to strip it to apply the hybrid turtle wax it was still going.
Since applying the turtle wax I've done a few washes and everything is still as good as when I applied it.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
How about a few past wax shots 3M. How shinny can paint get.

Except for the difference of the reflective surface. One glass the other paint with clear top coat, clarity of image seen is the same

These were taken before it was washed, just put it on the ground after installing the AB's

IMG_0623.jpeg

IMG_0621 2.jpeg

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Car looks clean as hell.

Curious which ones have you tried? I am going 3 months on my turtle wax ceramic spray coating and I top it with the wet wax every other wash. Still beading strong

Sponsored

SilverStallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
McGuire's hybrid, mothers cmx and 303. right now trying out hydro slick. put it on about a week ago

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
McGuire's hybrid, mothers cmx and 303. right now trying out hydro slick. put it on about a week ago
Ah I see. Yeah I would try out Turtle Wax Seal N Shine or the hybrid ceremic spray coating. Both of those are known to last a while. I tried the megs hybrid ceramix wax. Very easy applicaiton and the spray on rinse off maintenance is tempting. I chose to switch to the TW hybrid line because I like the combo of the ceramic spray + wet wax

SilverStallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Being able to was the car with a foam cannon and blow it dry . Washed the car for the first time since I put on 2 coats of Chemical guys hydroslick. Used hydro suds for soap. It did take off all the dirt and was able to blow dry it off