Sponsored

Full detail complete with Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray coating!

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
Agreed that the paint and clear coat are not the best but no spray product is going to harm it. Improper application will.

Well if this is the case I would seriously look at how you are applying and removing the product. Any detailer will tell you that this is where the swirls and rub marks are coming from. Ten times harder on a black car. That's why I have white.:like:
I'm basically a detailer. Been doing it for years, was a big side gig for me. Best results I get with shadow black is Griots perfection creme w/ a DA polisher. I have and tried pretty much every product out there except the professional ceramic coatings. This is the first time for me owning a black vehicle and what a M***er Ducker it is.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I'm basically a detailer. Been doing it for years, was a big side gig for me. Best results I get with shadow black is Griots perfection creme w/ a DA polisher. I have and tried pretty much every product out there except the professional ceramic coatings. This is the first time for me owning a black vehicle and what a M***er Ducker it is.
Well in that case........never mind. :clap: :fistbump::beer::beer:

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What meguiars ceramic product are you using, they have several? Also, I don't think you'll be impressed with TW's ceramic wash...... ZERO suds.
I mentioned Meguiars liquid hybrid. I've been using the spray and as soon as the liquid came out used it. Been happy with it, but figured try out the TW for the heck of it. On my car the Meguiars definitely had way more gloss. Not saying that's how it will be for someone else's.
Speaking of Graphene coatings Pan The Organizer and Apex Detailing have good videos on it and there's another scientific one recently posted. I'd be hesitant to spend more on it from what I've seen.

Last edited:

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well if this is the case I would seriously look at how you are applying and removing the product. Any detailer will tell you that this is where the swirls and rub marks are coming from. Ten times harder on a black car. That's why I have white.:like:
What I think is the issue is that even though TW tells you the polish can be used by hand, it works best with a machine. I used it by hand because my vehicle isn't that bad off. Some polishes can't fully break down when by hand thus leave "rub and polish" marks. I've seen that issue with many products that say "can be used by hand".

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That sucks, but you can take solace if the scratch is that bad no coating on earth could have prevented it. Sometimes stuff just happens. Good luck getting it taken care off.
What's interesting is I've had a lot of close calls over the past year. I've had things hit my car that should have scratched the heck out of it, but didn't. As soon as I switch scratch. lol So it may or may not be what I was using, but it definitely helped. I'd rather blame Cervinis paint job than the coating lol

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's interesting is I've had a lot of close calls over the past year. I've had things hit my car that should have scratched the heck out of it, but didn't. As soon as I switch scratch. lol So it may or may not be what I was using, but it definitely helped. I'd rather blame Cervinis paint job than the coating lol
I actually have some of the meguiars hybrid and haven't tried tried it. If you feel it may have reduced some scratching occurrences, I might just have to try it on my black stang Lol

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I actually have some of the meguiars hybrid and haven't tried tried it. If you feel it may have reduced some scratching occurrences, I might just have to try it on my black stang Lol
As long at its the liquid. The spray didn't last long at all. The liquid was holding up strong before I removed it. I was using the ceramic detailer as well. I have it on my F150. No scratches.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Clay bar, nightmare, recently found and tried a clay mit . No comparison, works as well, much less time consuming, same results, advertised as lasting for 6 cars/ uses .

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I bought the TW based on the hype on this thread, but honestly, for 17 bucks, I'm not expecting a miracle. Ha ha. But hope to be impressed when I finally use it :like:. Hopefully next week.

Sponsored

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought the TW based on the hype on this thread, but honestly, for 17 bucks, I'm not expecting a miracle. Ha ha. But hope to be impressed when I finally use it :like:. Hopefully next week.
I've used the TW ceramic spray. Very user friendly, and gives a very nice shine. Only did 1 coat on my silver truck . It made the silver pop with minimal prep. Paint was already decent, just did a wash and decontamination. I will keep it around in the rotation of car care products Lol.

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Oh I know pro coatings can still scratch. My point is from my personal experience the Meguiars liquid hybrid does provide better scratch resistance because I haven't seen one having used it so TW might be better on certain areas, but they may not be as good in another area. In this case TW might be better for longevity, but Meguiars for scratch resistance. I think I can compound most of the scratch, but definitely not all so I will have to fix it. I'm going to keep the Meguiars on my F150. I haven't washed the Mustang with the ceramic wash or used the detailer yet so I'll see how that does. Anymore scratches though I'll probably switch back.
Sorry to hear that. But if you have a scratch where you cant even compound it out all the way, no coating would have protected against that. And as for the gloss, Forensics Detailing on youtube did a comparison of all the gloss readings of a bunch of coatings and TW came out on top.

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Dont expect the results of a professional ceramic coating but for $17 it provides lots of protection and gloss with proper prep

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Sorry to hear that. But if you have a scratch where you cant even compound it out all the way, no coating would have protected against that. And as for the gloss, Forensics Detailing on youtube did a comparison of all the gloss readings of a bunch of coatings and TW came out on top.
I never said it would have, but again I shared my personal experience between the 2. If I had a product on my car an entire year with 0 scratches, my truck has none and 1 day with TW I get a scratch with something barely touching it that at least says something. Theres a lot of factors. Was it pure bad luck? Who knows. I honestly dont know if the scratch is deep where I can't buff all of it out. I haven't even done anything to it yet.
Sponsored

Last edited: