Sponsored

Full detail complete with Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray coating!

AceS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Your car looks great! After seeing your car and other reviews I did the turtle wax hybrid solutions ceramic spray on mine too. The only prep I did was to clay bar and wash thoroughly. I’m hoping to get the advertised 12 months of protection.

6029277A-93DF-4C5A-850D-85133D75701C.jpeg
6B126DC1-1C67-4347-A853-4A8DDB0FAB8E.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Your car looks great! After seeing your car and other reviews I did the turtle wax hybrid solutions ceramic spray on mine too. The only prep I did was to clay bar and wash thoroughly. I’m hoping to get the advertised 12 months of protection.
Looks great! The general consensus is to compound/polish after a clay to remove any marring caused by the claybar. For being a $13 product, it performs great. 2 coats of the ceramic spray coating and proper maintenance should get you 9-12 months of protection

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
Has anybody with a black car tried Turtle Wax's black spray wax? It's supposed to enhance the shine on black cars.

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple
Has anybody with a black car tried Turtle Wax's black spray wax? It's supposed to enhance the shine on black cars.
do you/we think that it would have the same effect on a Magnetic Grey car?

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I jumped on the Turtle Wax Hybrids. I have been using Meguairs Hybrid liquid wax with the spray detailer and have been happy with it, but after watching a few videos on the TW I am impressed that it is actually better then Megs so I have to try it. They really stepped up their game. I was going to use the Seal N Shine which gets rave reviews, but I like the ceramic shampoo and 3 in 1 detailer that I can use. I didnt get any wet wax as I feel the ceramic spray and 3 in 1 detailer will be enough for me. Just have to find a day to strip, wash, polish, etc. and put it all on. Cant wait to see how it turns out and I can compare it for my own eyes.

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
At about the one month mark for me. Washed it twice since applying the spray coating. First wash I topped it with the Wet Wax. Still going strong. On the wash last week it was still beading like crazy.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I finally put everything on over the last few days. Striped everything off and did a full detail.
I used a da polisher to put on the polish/wax, waited 24 hrs then put on the hybrid ceramic. Waited, put on another coat. What's interesting is the videos I saw everyone read on the bottle to wait 24 hrs before applying a 2nd coat. My bottle says nothing about waiting for a 2nd coat.
This is what I'm seeing so far. The shine isn't as strong as the Meguiars liquid hybrid. I also already got a long stratch on my hood. Didn't have any issues with the meguiars in the last year so I was not happy to say the least when I saw it. I've had things hit my car full force on the highway and no issues. I wish I had bought a gloss meter to compare the 2. The TW might last longer and I don't know if it's just my luck, but the Meguiars seems to have better scratch resistance.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I finally put everything on over the last few days. Striped everything off and did a full detail.
I used a da polisher to put on the polish/wax, waited 24 hrs then put on the hybrid ceramic. Waited, put on another coat. What's interesting is the videos I saw everyone read on the bottle to wait 24 hrs before applying a 2nd coat. My bottle says nothing about waiting for a 2nd coat.
This is what I'm seeing so far. The shine isn't as strong as the Meguiars liquid hybrid. I also already got a long stratch on my hood. Didn't have any issues with the meguiars in the last year so I was not happy to say the least when I saw it. I've had things hit my car full force on the highway and no issues. I wish I had bought a gloss meter to compare the 2. The TW might last longer and I don't know if it's just my luck, but the Meguiars seems to have better scratch resistance.
Sorry for the bad luck with the scratch but do not blame the coating. Even with a pro applied coating scratch resistance is, at best, minimal. That's why you see so many recommendations for PPF, especially on the front clip. So will you be removing the coating and repair the scratch?

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Sorry for the bad luck with the scratch but do not blame the coating. Even with a pro applied coating scratch resistance is, at best, minimal. That's why you see so many recommendations for PPF, especially on the front clip. So will you be removing the coating and repair the scratch?
Oh I know pro coatings can still scratch. My point is from my personal experience the Meguiars liquid hybrid does provide better scratch resistance because I haven't seen one having used it so TW might be better on certain areas, but they may not be as good in another area. In this case TW might be better for longevity, but Meguiars for scratch resistance. I think I can compound most of the scratch, but definitely not all so I will have to fix it. I'm going to keep the Meguiars on my F150. I haven't washed the Mustang with the ceramic wash or used the detailer yet so I'll see how that does. Anymore scratches though I'll probably switch back.

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
Yep. It's really not hyped up to what they say it is. Proper prep, polishing and protection product of your choice is the way to go. I even tried their black polish. The mustang clear coat is way to soft and doesn't like it. It leaves swirls and rub marks no matter what I do

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I think I can compound most of the scratch, but definitely not all so I will have to fix it.
That sucks, but you can take solace if the scratch is that bad no coating on earth could have prevented it. Sometimes stuff just happens. Good luck getting it taken care off.

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
Oh I know pro coatings can still scratch. My point is from my personal experience the Meguiars liquid hybrid does provide better scratch resistance because I haven't seen one having used it so TW might be better on certain areas, but they may not be as good in another area. In this case TW might be better for longevity, but Meguiars for scratch resistance. I think I can compound most of the scratch, but definitely not all so I will have to fix it. I'm going to keep the Meguiars on my F150. I haven't washed the Mustang with the ceramic wash or used the detailer yet so I'll see how that does. Anymore scratches though I'll probably switch back.
What meguiars ceramic product are you using, they have several? Also, I don't think you'll be impressed with TW's ceramic wash...... ZERO suds.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
The mustang clear coat is way to soft and doesn't like it.
Agreed that the paint and clear coat are not the best but no spray product is going to harm it. Improper application will.

It leaves swirls and rub marks no matter what I do
Well if this is the case I would seriously look at how you are applying and removing the product. Any detailer will tell you that this is where the swirls and rub marks are coming from. Ten times harder on a black car. That's why I have white.:like:
Sponsored