Sponsored

Fuel light roulette: an FYI

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So knowing I was on track today at Silverstone today I stuck in a bit of fuel yesterday.

Not enough as it happens, due to Shittystone's WOEFUL traffic management leaving us stationary on the A43 about a mile from the circuit for the best part of 3hrs.

A 20min track session then guzzled what little fuel I had left meaning I was greeted with this whilst making my way out of the circuit:

Set the shatnav for the nearest Shell as mine is mapped for VPower. Sent me to a BP. Which used to be a Shell. FIVE YEARS AGO!! :frusty:

Anyway, stuck a fiver of their Ultimate in which was around 4 litres.

Didn't even register. So the moral of the story is: when it drops to 0 miles left, there is AT LEAST another gallon in there.

And the satnav sucks donkey balls.
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
And the winner of "most negatives in a single post" goes to... ;)

Just kidding. Was following the woes of the Silverstone traffic screw-up on Facebook. Appalling, and amazing anyone still goes.

Glad you made it out :thumbsup:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Something to do with the sun glinting off white callipers.

What did they look like after your track session? ;)

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
And the winner of "most negatives in a single post" goes to... ;)

Just kidding. Was following the woes of the Silverstone traffic screw-up on Facebook. Appalling, and amazing anyone still goes.

Glad you made it out :thumbsup:
Based on the organisation yesterday, this was my first and last visit:rant:

And as for the T shirt que.....:rant::rant: couldn't be arsed

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Remarkably still white it seemed :lol:.

Around Silverstone the hunt for shell is a royal pain, if you come out the wrong exit you're on a hefty run before you find any. :doh:
[MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] I never bothered with my shirt, or show guide. Wasn't any point, it'll just be another shirt I wear for fking around in my car and I've got like 20 of them already :lol:.
We managed to dodge the queue coming in from the back roads, but yeah if you were in the traffic, it was p1ss poor. :frusty:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
When we left Silverstone we drove through a golf course, I really did wonder at one point if we'd being sent on some wild goose chase. Thankfully it seemed a shortcut out of the circuit. :)

Then we were in the A43, was not to bad though and please everywhere and man of they sneaky, the unmarked cars are like old bangers. :D

P.S. Tony even I put BP in yesterday, don't worry about it, just no full throttle but still, thats what the knock sensor is there for to pull timing if it detects crappy fuel

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
I have never seen so many traffic police as when I left yesterday. They were everywhere and mostly interested in the RS boy racers. No idea how I got out. Wound up going through all sorts of villages that time forgot but at least I wasn't stuck in a traffic jam.

Great to see you all

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
haha wasn't even that bad at the grand prix a couple of weeks ago only took an hour in and an hour and a half out :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
haha wasn't even that bad at the grand prix a couple of weeks ago only took an hour in and an hour and a half out :)
Bout 30 out fo rme and gibbo, going back roads, not sure for the main rabble. We got lucky with an Orange RS owner pointing us out that way.

Coming in I fortunately dodged the queues coming in the other way and jumping into it. spent maybe 5mins queuing. But yeah, I got called at 7:10am by one guy who didn't tuen up until 10:35 :frusty:.

Kelsey media didn't do a good job organising any of it. :paddle:

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
So knowing I was on track today at Silverstone today I stuck in a bit of fuel yesterday.

Not enough as it happens, due to Shittystone's WOEFUL traffic management leaving us stationary on the A43 about a mile from the circuit for the best part of 3hrs.

A 20min track session then guzzled what little fuel I had left meaning I was greeted with this whilst making my way out of the circuit:

Set the shatnav for the nearest Shell as mine is mapped for VPower. Sent me to a BP. Which used to be a Shell. FIVE YEARS AGO!! :frusty:

Anyway, stuck a fiver of their Ultimate in which was around 4 litres.

Didn't even register. So the moral of the story is: when it drops to 0 miles left, there is AT LEAST another gallon in there.

And the satnav sucks donkey balls.
Yea was mental, should have done what a few 100 done go in the outside lane, and cut in, what got me was Mustangs were doing that, and then expected you to let them in, cause they were a Mustang, taken them 10 minutes, and you 2 hours to get to that point :frusty:,

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Remarkably still white it seemed :lol:.

Around Silverstone the hunt for shell is a royal pain, if you come out the wrong exit you're on a hefty run before you find any. :doh:
[MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] I never bothered with my shirt, or show guide. Wasn't any point, it'll just be another shirt I wear for fking around in my car and I've got like 20 of them already :lol:.
We managed to dodge the queue coming in from the back roads, but yeah if you were in the traffic, it was p1ss poor. :frusty:
went out the back way, around 6:20, 5 miles to a garage was not to bad.
Next year will do it very different going there

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
went out the back way, around 6:20, 5 miles to a garage was not to bad.
Next year will do it very different going there
Yeah deffo worth going back roads in, and back roads out (past golf course) I spotted one shell garage but was on wrong side of road.

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Not too bad. 20mins around the national circuit doesn't really get much dust going.

Based on the organisation yesterday, this was my first and last visit:rant:
I know a super secret way in which would've avoided all of yesterday's nightmare but didn't bother with it as I didn't think at the time I got there it would be that bad.

Left last year's MotoGP after the last rider went round, and within 20 mins we were on a free-flowing A43. :headbang:

P.S. Tony even I put BP in yesterday, don't worry about it, just no full throttle but still, thats what the knock sensor is there for to pull timing if it detects crappy fuel
Yeah I know it's not a major issue, just my fuel OCD kicking in combined with annoyance at how crap the shatnav is!

Yea was mental, should have done what a few 100 done go in the outside lane, and cut in, what got me was Mustangs were doing that, and then expected you to let them in, cause they were a Mustang, taken them 10 minutes, and you 2 hours to get to that point :frusty:,
To be fair, when I joined the back of the queue it wasn't THAT far from the junction AND it was still kind of moving, obviously once it starts to slow from queue-jumpers it gets worse and then the police just closed the junction entirely after us not moving for over 2hrs. Genius.
Sponsored