Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
orly?

Pesti13nce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Base manual
I'm at 77k and it can sometimes hiccup at high RPM like it's getting a misfire *no codes thrown or anything, and i think i'm going to at least try an injector cleaner.

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I thought Ford did not recommend any injector cleaning because they did not want carbon to break loose and damage the turbo?
Nope they have it on the list of maintenance at around 30-40k but its not listed in the docs or web site. I had two dealers pull it up, I elected to pass and do it at 45k when I did plugs.

According to actual schedule it is not listed however as a matter if fact nothing is mentioned about it even up to 150k service miles. Gas being what it is you should do it every 30k or so. Nothing is going to break off and blow up the exducer wheel, it would have to be something monumentous and not from running a little injector cleaner :)

Sponsored

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
But there is a big difference between injector cleaning and intake valve cleaning.
Dealers an a lot of shops use pressurized cleaning system for injectors. Its mainly for the injectors, the values would be secondary.

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
But there is a big difference between injector cleaning and intake valve cleaning.
Dealers an a lot of shops use pressurized cleaning system for injectors. Its mainly for the injectors, the values would be secondary.
I do not think we are arguing any of this point, but for the sake of this discussion we are talking about injectors.

Just saying that Ford service will push "injector service" on you based on some sort of push tactic around 30 or 40K miles and call it a scheduled maintenance while none of the documentation online or in the vehicle manual in your glove box under service schedule lists it anywhere. As a matter of fact even plugs are not mentioned till like 100K miles it appears.

Now the discussion should be as regular car guys who have had fuel injection since the late 70s basically that you should on your own keep in the back of your minds that all fuels are not equal, or even good quality and you should maintain your injectors regularly to keep them running smooth.

If you keep your oil changed, filters replaced, attempt to use the same fuel from the same station (for consistency), and maintain and update belts, timing, and even some gaskets over time you will bypass some of the issues reported in the forums in the future (Or at least could say, it cannot be this most likely I just serviced it 10k ago" =)

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
I do not think we are arguing any of this point, but for the sake of this discussion we are talking about injectors.

Just saying that Ford service will push "injector service" on you based on some sort of push tactic around 30 or 40K miles and call it a scheduled maintenance while none of the documentation online or in the vehicle manual in your glove box under service schedule lists it anywhere. As a matter of fact even plugs are not mentioned till like 100K miles it appears.

Now the discussion should be as regular car guys who have had fuel injection since the late 70s basically that you should on your own keep in the back of your minds that all fuels are not equal, or even good quality and you should maintain your injectors regularly to keep them running smooth.

If you keep your oil changed, filters replaced, attempt to use the same fuel from the same station (for consistency), and maintain and update belts, timing, and even some gaskets over time you will bypass some of the issues reported in the forums in the future (Or at least could say, it cannot be this most likely I just serviced it 10k ago" =)
Ok, yeh I maybe read over this thread fast, was just making sure on injector cleaning is not meant to clean valve build up from DI engines, on a port injected it can help a bit.

On injectors, the thing is you never really know fuel quality or your fuel tank contense.
You be surprised how much water and other growth can happen in the tank, even if you're careful.

But I agree for most part.
Sponsored