Sponsored

Fuel issue at 4700rpms. stock...

Kv007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 auto premium pp
Has anyone had a fuel pump go wrong? i have an issue around 4700 rpms with a cutout. 63k miles. with data logging everyone is saying this.
You seem to have some sort of mechanical issue with your high pressure fuel system. As well, the lift pump pressure actual vs desired seems way off and suspiciously too stable.
2015 mustang. 2.3 automatic. bone stock datalogging with hptuners. ordered a cobb accesport due to seeing more support.
potential wastegate or overboost issue. no code
DATA LOG WITH COBB TOWARDS BOTTOM.
Sponsored

Last edited:

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
Has anyone had a fuel pump go wrong? i have an issue around 4700 rpms with a cutout. 63k miles. with data logging everyone is saying this.
You seem to have some sort of mechanical issue with your high pressure fuel system. As well, the lift pump pressure actual vs desired seems way off and suspiciously too stable.
2015 mustang. 2.3 automatic. bone stock datalogging with hptuners. ordered a cobb accesport due to seeing more support.
potential wastegate.
Yes

A data log of fuel rail would tell us more.

ACCESS PORT ap3 would be great for trouble shooting this...

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
HPT is fine to log with. Get the high pressure fuel rail actual and desired and the low pressure actual and desired.

What makes you think it's an overboost or wastegate issue? I know like this is gonna seem like a non-point but have you checked the plug gap? Gap them down to 0.028 and see if that helps. Plugs are the root cause of a lot of issues with the engines.

Also, upload the datalog or screenshots for us to review. I have HPT too.

OP
OP

Kv007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 auto premium pp
HPT is fine to log with. Get the high pressure fuel rail actual and desired and the low pressure actual and desired.

What makes you think it's an overboost or wastegate issue? I know like this is gonna seem like a non-point but have you checked the plug gap? Gap them down to 0.028 and see if that helps. Plugs are the root cause of a lot of issues with the engines.

Also, upload the datalog or screenshots for us to review. I have HPT too.
Brand new plugs. This has my data logs https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?69330-2015-Ecoboost-chasing-down-cut-off-issue

OP
OP

Kv007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 auto premium pp
here it is. my datalogs from my cobb tuner, with the tune it goes past 4700 now but i started to hear pinging and let off immediately. the pull is near the end of the datalog. I can add new variables if it helps. definitely seems like a fuel issue.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmglFLFNc4a_mStEHbvkDO6PxV86

Sponsored

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Did you perform your fuel injector service at 40K?

OP
OP

Kv007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 auto premium pp
Did you perform your fuel injector service at 40K?
I got the car a couple weeks ago with 63k miles.
Whay do they do with the injector service

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
There's fuel injector service at 40k?

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
yes please, do tell?

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I got the car a couple weeks ago with 63k miles.
Whay do they do with the injector service
There are a couple of different ways this is done, both of them involve spraying a cleaning solution into the fuel either via just a gas additive similar to what you can buy off the shelf to an inline setup that injects the cleaner directly into the fuel system, and even the individual injectors (albeit out of the vehicle.)

I did mine it was through a tank of gas, and an additive added to my oil as well.

For me I felt a smoother operation while highway driving in general.

Save yourself the money you would waste having Ford charge you for essentially what you can do with a kit yourself. And do not let them make you believe its some sort of super special sauce either. Any decent shop can do this for you for like $60 bucks with a similar kit as well.

Sponsored

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
There are a couple of different ways this is done, both of them involve spraying a cleaning solution into the fuel either via just a gas additive similar to what you can buy off the shelf to an inline setup that injects the cleaner directly into the fuel system, and even the individual injectors (albeit out of the vehicle.)

I did mine it was through a tank of gas, and an additive added to my oil as well.

For me I felt a smoother operation while highway driving in general.

Save yourself the money you would waste having Ford charge you for essentially what you can do with a kit yourself. And do not let them make you believe its some sort of super special sauce either. Any decent shop can do this for you for like $60 bucks with a similar kit as well.

I’ve asked you about this in another thread. I tried Lucas but think I need to get something better. What kit do you recommend? i’d Like to try a service myself.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
I looked around and found a few "kits" one by 3m, and a few others.

Link to a tried and true kit would be supreme!

thanks!

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

GuardEcoBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 16 Ecoboost
I thought Ford did not recommend any injector cleaning because they did not want carbon to break loose and damage the turbo?