• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: Arizona FS: 1965 Shelby Daytona (Factory Five Racing Type-65 Gen 3 Kit) with Gen 2 Coyote

Grkmf3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dino
Vehicle(s)
1959 Lotus SR27
**********SOLD**********

Year: 1965
Make: Shelby (Factory Five Racing)
Model: Daytona (Type-65)
Trim: Coupe
Color: Matte Black
Transmission: T56 Magnum
Mileage: 682
Modifications: Coyote Gen 2, T56 Magnum, 2016 (IRS Performance Pack), Lund Tune
Additional Info:
PRICE: $45,000.00

FactoryFive_1.jpg
FactoryFive_2.jpg
FactoryFive_4.jpg
FactoryFive_5.jpg
FactoryFive_13.jpg
FactoryFive_14.jpg
FactoryFive_17.jpg
FactoryFive_20.jpg
FactoryFive_21.jpg
FactoryFive_23.jpg
FactoryFive_24.jpg
FactoryFive_25.jpg
FactoryFive_27.jpg
FactoryFive_30.jpg
FactoryFive_31.jpg
FactoryFive_33.jpg
FactoryFive_35.jpg
FactoryFive_38.jpg
FactoryFive_39.jpg
FactoryFive_40.jpg
FactoryFive_45.jpg
FactoryFive_46.jpg
FactoryFive_47.jpg
FactoryFive_48.jpg
FactoryFive_49.jpg
FactoryFive_50.jpg
FactoryFive_51.jpg
FactoryFive_52.jpg
FactoryFive_54.jpg
FactoryFive_56.jpg
FactoryFive_63.jpg
FactoryFive_64.jpg
FactoryFive_65.jpg
FactoryFive_66.jpg
FactoryFive_67.jpg
FactoryFive_68.jpg
FactoryFive_69.jpg
FactoryFive_70.jpg
FactoryFive_71.jpg
FactoryFive_72.jpg
FactoryFive_73.jpg
FactoryFive_74.jpg
FactoryFive_75.jpg
Up for sale is a 95% complete (and saying 95% because you can paint it to what you want and keep the dash as is or change it to your liking to finish the car off as you please) Gen 3 Type-65 with Gen 2 Coyote. (Please keep in mind this is a NON-AC car. Yes I live in Arizona where it can reach 115 but I enjoy riding my motorcycle or driving a convertible or a car with windows down so the AC doesn't benefit me now would I install it if I did keep this.

Car does run and drive flawless now and is titled and registered here in Arizona. Still have not taken it passed 4500 RPM for break in which i usually do for 2000-2500 miles.
here is a quick link to what it sounds like with the ghost cam

The best part is that the car is drivable as is. You can keep it like this and enjoy it and switch it up later or do your own twist to it (new dash, seats and paint and your back to Nostalgic)
You'll be saving a lot of time and some money with this vs buying a new kit and putting it all together.

I am driving it to work or around town until it sells so miles will go up a bit the longer it stays with me. Figure I might as well enjoy it since I've always wanted one for the remaining time I have with it.

Here is some info on it.

Gen 3 coupe bought in 2017, complete kit with irs ($30k)
I have all receipts to go with sale.

Car is painted single stage mate black just for temporary paint but does look good for that race look or if you use as a track car.

Engine:gen 2 5.0 coyote crate engine with control pack bought brand new from Ford Performance. (warranty is passed since its over its 2 year warranty) ($9,500.00)

Tune: I have a N-Gauge with 3 Lund Racing tunes ($850.00)
1--JLT cold air intake
2--JLT cold air intake and Ghost Cam
3--JLT cold air intake and flex fuel tune. Car can run with pump gas or e85

Trans: tremec t56 magnum with 2.97 first, centerforce clutch and hydraulic throw out bearing and quick time bell housing. ($3,800.00)

Rear End: 2015 mustang irs with factory five irs kit, irs came out of a performance pack mustang with 373 gears

Suspension: koni suspension included with factory five complete kit ($1,200.00)

Brakes: front brakes are wilwood with 13in drilled and slotted rotors, rear brakes are factory 2015 mustang performance pack brakes

Fuel System: aeromotive in take flex fuel pump with aeromotive fuel pressure regulator

Interior: sparco evo 2 us seats, simpson 5 point harnesses, sparco steering wheel with quick disconnect, race pack IQ3 street dash, auto meter phantom 2 gauges, switches on dash are for kill switch, fuel cutoff, fogslights, ect. car is set up for key power, flip kill switch and fuel cutoff and then push button start. Battery is mounted in center trunk portion of interior.

Wheels & Tires: replica wheels offered by factory five, one of the knock offs has one broken piece, has toyo r888r tires around 295/30/18 front, 315/30/18 rear

Custom Parts: custom radiator overflow and power steering tanks located in front of engine, custom made headers, factory exhaust modified for custom exhaust. the car is very loud

also has detomaso head light buckets due to he didn't wanted plastic buckets and had better adjusters.

underside of frame and body have been undercoated and all panels have been siliconed. the car has less than 300 miles driven total now with old and new motor.

$2,800 at MVD to vin, title, register & taxes

$2,500 at American Legends shop for alignment and some work they did

$1,100 for new IQ3 dash display kit with GPS

$1,200 for the wireless steering wheel controls. ***Green buttons are Turn signals (one quick press is a 4 blink or one long press blinker stays on until you press it again to turn off), Yellow button is horn, Blue button does high beam pass flash, Black button is to start, Red button is currently blank for either rain light or line lock and 2 white buttons do pages and setup for dash screen*** https://www.summittech.co.uk/

$700 for LED headlights since he had generic old halogen ones

$250 for the PIAA Yellow fog lights

Add radiator fan shroud, tach adapter, line lock (currently installed but not wired), side view mirrors, horn, pedal commander, random wiring, relays, etc to finish what needed to be finished you are well over asking price at that point.

Motor was torn down and rebuilt by Rich Groh with www.rgrengines.com
another $3,950.00 in parts, $2,100.00 in labor $2,400.00 in shipping back and forth for a total of $8,450.00

He honed block with plates, replaced with new crank (deburr and balanced it), put BOSS 302 chains and tensioner kit in, TSS Billet OP & Crank gears and tested relief valve, forged h-beam manley rods, new rod bearings, checked heads, cleaned them and tested valve seals, replaced all seals, gaskets, bolts, pretty much did his thing and built it right. Yes its still stock but its a reliable perfect horsepower motor for these cars. I didn't want to go crazy for higher hp when this does the job perfect.

Also anyone looking to have a car shipped you have to call these guys http://www.unlimitedcarcarrier.net . Picked it up in Chicago on Saturday the 06-20 at noon and had it here in Scottsdale today 06-22 at 10:30am

So at the end of the day folks I'm looking to get $55k.

Now the car isn't 100% flawless, it does have a piece of carpet missing in the trunk where the fuel pipe is, a scratch or 2 here and there, and will need body panels aligned better when it comes body paint time but its a driver right now and still looks damn good as is.

It's ready to drive as is or you can drive it as your doing your own twist to it, either way your saving time buying it.

Call,text, message me at show contact info
Dino
Sponsored

Last edited:

BIGONTS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Wow, very cook. Curious. How much does it weigh?

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Can’t stop looking at this ad. I’d love to see an in car Go Pro to try and see what the experience is like.
Good luck with sale.
-J

Sponsored

OP
OP

Grkmf3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dino
Vehicle(s)
1959 Lotus SR27
Bump

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I wish you the best of luck on this sale. This is the exact car that I wish to build with extremely similar specs. Love it, shame you have to part with it.

OP
OP

Grkmf3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dino
Vehicle(s)
1959 Lotus SR27
I wish you the best of luck on this sale. This is the exact car that I wish to build with extremely similar specs. Love it, shame you have to part with it.
Thanks,
Just trying to be proactive here and make sure my employees are taken care of with all this BS going on in today's society

Sponsored
OP
OP

Grkmf3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dino
Vehicle(s)
1959 Lotus SR27
New Price Bump---$45,000.00

Clover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory 5 1965 Shelby Daytona Replica in progress, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2017 Nissan Leaf(gasp)
Vehicle Showcase
Someone stole this. I am building one now and can confirm that the $55K that was originally asked was already a low price. What a car and what a deal.

OP
OP

Grkmf3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dino
Vehicle(s)
1959 Lotus SR27
Someone stole this. I am building one now and can confirm that the $55K that was originally asked was already a low price. What a car and what a deal.
finally nice to hear someone that knows the truth and understands

sold not to long ago and missed very much

enjoy the build since that’s half the fun
Sponsored